276°
Posted 20 hours ago

100 Great Scottish Songs: Scotland's Best Loved Songs

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

He was born and raised in England, that's the problem. You only have to listen to his speaking voice to know Sir Rod's technically a Londoner. But at the same time, he's one of the most famously and proudly 'Scottish' people around, so it is a bit of a conundrum... The 1968 Christmas season marked this achievement, catapulting the group into a distinguished position within the British music scene. scandal/the warrior *1984*: https://www.youtube.c*m/watch?v=yMHtDFDJCqY peaking @ #7 over here, i can only recall 1 other hit from them 'goodbye to you'...but when you turned on the radio here in america you would listen to 1 great song after another. One of the quintessential songs for Scots is “Scotland the Brave,” performed by Robert Wilson. This powerful patriotic anthem is often considered one of the unofficial national anthems of Scotland.

Like a lost James Bond movie theme song this epic string-strewn nugget, the brainchild of Paul McGeechan, keyboard player of Love & Money, features Steven Lindsay, the front man with the Big Dish, one of the great lost bands of the 80's. nu shooz/i can't wait *1986* : https://www.youtube.c*m/watch?v=KdPfy1Khjpg peaking @ #3 on the hot 100 chart, they're a married couple *still happily married today!* & this song perfectly showcases how eclectic and diverse the 80s music scene really was. not a traditional pop or club song, very unique for the times.It is a mix of the known, little known and the unknown, leftfield and mainstream, immediate pop anthems and challenging (very) experimental projects. Last year saw something of a haul of Scottish artists reaching Number 1, with both Lewis Capaldi and DJ duo LF SYSTEM enjoying Number 1 success with Forget You and Afraid To Feel, respectively (Lewis also gained a fourth char-topper this year with Pointless). Don't worry though, the classics such as Deacon Blue, Runrig and of course, the Proclaimers are all represented.

While Midge Ure never scored a chart-topper with his most famous group Ultravox, his first band Slik did hit the top spot in 1976 with Forever and Ever. Nine years later, Midge returned to the top as a soloist with If I Was. TV talent show contestants CD 1 A rousing CD of Anthems including, A Scottish Soldier, Scotland The Brave, Highland Cathedral, The Dark Island and many more. Over 4m plays on Spotify alone for this insatiable rapid-fire release from the new Glasgow-based drill duo consisting of Trigga and YSK from out of Glasgow's Govanhill who appear to have been touted by Rangers fan groups.The exciting new 18-year-old artist from Bathgate is at his best on this darkly twisting electro-synth epic which comes over like a poppier Nine Inch Nails from his superb debut The Storm EP. He says it’s about the internet and how you see everyone posting about things they are going to do and achieve but nothing really ever happens. Steg G, the award-winning DJer, producer and mixer who has produced the beats for some of Scotland's earliest hip hop teams up with a long-time collaborator on cunningly crafted hip hop vs acoustic vs rap vs traditional Celtic drumming anthem which manages to avoid being too twee in celebrating the 700th anniversary of the Declaration of Arbroath. The duo say, “pays homage to the spirit, ingenuity and heart of this beautiful land and all its inhabitants”. This includes a "I lost control and I liked it" vocal hook that will no doubt make for the perfect call and response live. The Glasgow-based artist/band aka Fionn Crossan produces/produce a fascinating kaleidoscopic mash of genre-bending instrumentation scattering drum n bass across the kind of dissonnant keyboard and guitar textures favoured by My Bloody Valentine. It’s got drum and bass rhythms, prime Depeche Mode-style synths and fantastic vocals. "It’s a song that we’re very proud of and we hope you like it too," they said. The Scots-Swedish duo led by ex-Geneva singer Andrew Montgomery produce one of their most seductive four minutes yet.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment