276°
Posted 20 hours ago

While Paris Slept: A mother faces a heartbreaking choice in this bestselling story of love and courage in World War 2

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I wonder if the author ran the ending by the woman she spoke to and asked how many parents would give up and send their child away.

It is a riveting, intense, suspenseful story, with a side of romance, that starts with a murder in a court. While Paris Slept is the debut novel by Ruth Druart and I’m astounded that it’s the author first book!Druart managed to keep me entertained and intrigued the entire way through this novel, so much so I hadn't looked up from my text once whilst reading this. De cómo Jean Luc y Charlotte consiguen ponerlo a salvo y, ante todo, de cómo transcurre el reencuentro con sus padres biológicos en 1953. This was such a great read, one that I thoroughly enjoyed and that tugged at my heartstrings in a million ways. The wartime colour and period details are disappointingly limited and Druart’s portrayal of life in occupied Paris is unconvincing with her characters and their behaviour too relaxed to convince and little sign of the ever-present threat to survival of life under a brutal regime.

En la tercera, cuando Sarah y David Laffitte, así como Samuel, su hijo recién nacido, entran en escena, el libro cambia y cobra interés. Even though your heart break will at points, the love characters have for one another shines through and is quite beautiful. This book briefly touches on the Jewish experience in Nazi Occupied France and being taken to Auschwitz.thus, While Paris Slept) Still, he had promised his father, who had been conscripted to forced labor in Germany two years before, that he would take care of the family, so does not feel free to just take off and join the Maquis.

Making the most difficult decision of her life, she dashes to Jean-Luc, who is working on the track, thrusts her baby at him and begs him to look after Samuel. Her resolve is admirable as she becomes aware of the sacrifice she must make and this is heartbreaking.Unfortunately, it might be spoilerish, so I am tucking it under this Even though this is under spoiler protection, I will still try to keep this as unspoilerish as possible. I invested in each of the characters, the empathy on display here left the page and entered my heart.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment