276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The List: The instant Sunday Times bestselling debut novel – ‘The perfect summer read’ Paula Hawkins

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Yomi Adegoke". The Independent. Archived from the original on 7 May 2022 . Retrieved 10 November 2018. It’s truly no surprise that it’s being adapted for TV with Adegoke as Executive Producer. I, for one, am looking forward to seeing how the TV adaptation develops the characters of Fola, Ruth, Celie and Kwabs. Rather than lazily lulling readers into an “It’s cancel culture gone mad” trap, The List holds up a mirror to our internal biases and deeply held beliefs around a number of prejudices, forcing us to ask ourselves: if someone close to you – say, your fiancé – was accused of an act that shattered your entire sense of morality in a public forum, how far would you go to defend them? Should you, at all? Mowbray, Nicole (11 July 2018). "The women with Slaying power: Publishing sensations Elizabeth Uviebinené and Yomi Adegoke". Metro Newspaper UK . Retrieved 10 November 2018.

The List – HarperCollins The List – HarperCollins

Sitting across from me at a small round table, glass in one hand and phone in the other, she is a force of personality – charming, chatty, a whirlwind of laughter and hustle – so I don’t mind when it becomes clear that we’re only going to get through about five of my questions in the time she has. Or when she’s straining so hard not to answer directly that she runs us both around a loop of half-thoughts and non sequiturs until I agree that, yes, yes I do know what she means. Revelations throughout the book guide the reader through a moral and thought-provoking journey of their own. One inevitably to be discussed at book clubs across the country. “Would you marry him?” and “How far would you got to find out the truth?” are two questions that I’m in no doubt will cause much debate when we’re discussing this book in ours. Brilliantly written, intricately plotted and incredibly clever. Once I started, I could not put it down, and I am sure I'll be thinking about this book for a very long time.” — Abi Daré, New York Times bestselling author of The Girl with the Louding Voice Utterly compelling, immersive and addictive' Sara Collins, author of The Confessions of Frannie LangtonI’d like to do a Normal People-esque Paul Mescal and Daisy Edgar-Jones type thing – I want to find people who’re incredible and not that famous. Sheila’s too famous and Arinzé has an MBE [laughs]. I haven’t asked yet, but I’d love to involve them in some way because they’re phenomenal, but I really want to launch two new actors, too, and then maybe get someone more established to play Frankie or their parents or something. And finally, I know you’re also working on your next novel now. What can you tell us about it? For all her wariness around her public image, things are going extraordinarily well for Adegoke. A year before she had finished writing her book, the TV rights were bought by the powerhouse combination of HBO Max, BBC and A24. You couldn’t dream up a more prestigious production force. The making of the show is now under way with Adegoke on board as creator and executive producer. Social media is like putting your hand in a fire. You learn from it. I’ve healed. What follows is an erosion of relationships, trust and reputation. Ola, known for breaking similar stories of abusers in power, heartbreakingly battles between her moral compass and her love for Michael. Michael, who strongly denies the allegations, struggles to cope as his world falls apart around him.

The List by Yomi Adegoke — City Girl Network Book Review: The List by Yomi Adegoke — City Girl Network

So, once you’d finished the book, what was it like to see it become the subject of this intense bidding war? A few years ago, Adegoke said: “I have been reading books that have not been written for me my whole life.” Does she think publishing has meaningfully changed in this regard? Yes and no. It would be intellectually dishonest to say one or the other. It’s more diverse than it was when I made that statement, so it has changed in that regard. We are seeing a push towards more books written by, say, minoritised authors. But does that mean those authors are necessarily given the freedom to write about anything, or is there a push for writers of a particular identity to write to that identity?”I’d written the first nine chapters [of the book] before I had my first meeting with HBO,” she explains, talking me through the secretive process she underwent for months before she was allowed to tell anyone. “I thought the storyline really had TV potential, so I talked to Hayley [her agent] about it.” Topical, heartfelt, provocative and wise, Yomi Adegoke’s characters are tenderly realized . . . the entire cast of this ultimate millennial novel springs vividly to life.” — Bernardine Evaristo, Booker Prize-winning author of Girl, Woman, Other That was interesting for me to explore because I grew up with sisters and have an almost entirely female friendship group, so my understanding of him was built through conversations with the very few male friends I do have. Not to generalise, but I think many men don’t feel like they can be as emotional as they’d like to be with their male friends, so when you’re a guy’s only female friend, you see a totally different side to them. I’m desperate to hear from more men who’ve read the book because I’m so interested in their perspective. So, once you’d finished the book, what was it like to see it become the subject of this intense bidding war? Slay In Your Lane: In Conversation with Yomi Adegoke and Elizabeth Uviebinené". Glasgow Women's Library. 23 August 2018 . Retrieved 10 November 2018.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment