276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Catch: The utterly gripping thriller - now a major NETFLIX drama

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Writing: Lisa Harris's writing worked well for this book. Her straightforward style helped keep the action moving.

Highly engaging, fast paced and all the crazy train madness. An excellent, entertaining psychological thriller. Thanks to Jayne for recommending this one! The opening teaser chapter was genius, because we know something bad is coming and this keeps the reader on edge throughout, but we don’t know who is responsible until right at the end. I was on the edge of my seat all the way through this, taking my dog for extra long walks to give me more time to listen and get through the book!

Become a Member

This book is billed as Christian fiction, but Harris doesn’t thump you over the head with any Bibles. The faith portrayed here is an integral, natural part of the story, and the characters stay true to their beliefs. Ellie Adler is mourning the sudden death of her father, and has comfort when it comes to something that she hopes to treasure for the rest of her life - a baseball that denotes an emotional attachment that will tether Ellie's father to her for the rest of her life. Imagine Ellie's dismay when she discovers that he did not leave the ball to her, but to a complete stranger. What is more is that he did not leave much to her, other than a seemingly insignificant gift. The rest of the family believe that Ryan is the perfect catch, so whys Ed's intuition telling him something different?

The Catch is about fisherman Ed (Watkins) whose family life spirals out of control with the arrival of his daughter's suspicious new boyfriend. Ed finds himself going to excessive lengths to keep his family safe - and together. David Tennant makes every other Doctor look like an imposter 25 November, 2023 I wish Cathy had stayed away from Two Doors Down 24 November, 2023 Archie is too afraid to delve into Cary Grant's dark side 23 November, 2023 Here's the main plot and episode guide for The Catch. Please do look away if you want to avoid spoilers... In the penultimate episode, and it appears that Abbie’s ex, George (Morgan Palmeria), has been stalking her. While not everything is as it seems in this psychological drama, we did think it a bit suspicious that George’s phone screen-saver was a picture of Abbie (Poppy Gilbert), even though they’d broken up months ago… But as events unfold, it’s Ed (Jason Watkins) who is under suspicion – whoever is framing him has upped their game considerably, forcing Ed to take drastic action. There’s a lot of turmoil beneath the surface of anyone who’s had this sort of trauma and he’s tested all the way. When people hit a crisis in their lives, it’s often a combination of issues. You can deal with one problem, but when you have several, that’s when people struggle."This is the third and final book in the US Marshals series. It could be read as a standalone, but you’ll get a richer experience by reading all three books.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment