276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Kiss To Shatter: A Brother's Best Friend College Sports Romance (Blairwood University)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We met Jade in Nixon's book and from the story in that book, we knew where this one was going. So yes, this one is another rollercoaster of emotions, not only for Jade but for Prescott too. Reading about Jade was sad how she tries to enjoy and tries to act like nothing happens because she doesn’t want to worry her friends and her brother. Anna B. Doe is a USA Today and international bestselling author of young adult and new adult sports romance. She writes real-life romance that is equal parts sweet and sexy. She’s a coffee and chocolate addict. Like her characters, she loves those two things dark, sweet and with little extra spice.

Ever since introduced to Jade she's had a special place in my heart and her own story heightened the love I have for her tenfold! Jade has gone through so much and you see her suffering alone while pretending she's having the time of her life. 🥺 Enter Prescott. He has a lot more going on than his past injury that still hurts him as well, his own demons haunting his dreams. They seriously completely broke my heart 💔🤧 Kiss To Shatter” is a modern masterpiece, a powerful novel that can be read on its own. This novel is written by Anna B. Doe. She is a true storyteller, and Kiss To Shatter is her best book. It’s an epic tale of family, secrets, loss, marriage, betrayal, friendships, laughter, and regrets. Kiss To Shatter is a heartfelt novel written with compassion and hope, reconciling the past to pave a road to happiness and second chances. The characters in this novel bring life and heart to this story, each with a distinct voice and personality. I loved Jade and Prescott’s banter. There is nothing better than some enemies to lovers banter and tension, and boy did they have it which gives us the perfect kind of spice🔥. It was also nice to see them get to know each other on different levels and watch their feeling naturally progress for each other. I can’t wait to see where they go in Kiss To Salvage and how they navigate different situations. When she’s not working for a living or writing her newest book you can find her reading books or binge-watching TV shows. Originally from Croatia, she is always planning her next trip because wanderlust is in her blood.

Tengo que decir que el personaje de Jade era un poco como un misterio para mi cuando empecé a leer Blairwood University con Kiss To Defy 😅, cuando leí Kiss To Forget y conocí su historia comencé a comprender muchas cosas sobre ella, PERO con éste libro entendí 100% su actitud impulsiva, comportamiento agresivo ante la vida y pensamientos hacia las relaciones romanticas. Algo que me rompió mucho el corazón fue leerla tomar malas decisiones, intentando hacer lo mejor que puede y protegiendo a las personas que ama, aún cuando eso significa afrontar sus demonios sola 💔, y definitivamente algo que amé de Jade, además de la posibilidad de entenderla mejor, fue que Anna retomará la parte de su trama en la que ella tuvo que afrontar sola la enfermedad de su mamá mientras Nixon podía olvidarse un poco de la situación estando en Blairwood, algo que sinceramente espero que ambos puedan hablar/resolver en el siguiente libro de este dueto. Y hablando de Nix & Jade, me encantó leer de nuevo su relación ya que aún cuando no estén pasando por el mejor momento siempre están preocupándose constantemente el uno por el otro, además me encantó que Jade sea este personaje femenino fuerte, que aunque se equivoca constantemente tiene un gran corazón, hace todo por proteger a los que ama, que está un poco perdida pero sabe lo que quiere y no tiene miedo a decir lo que piensa. It's like he understands me. Even when I don't say a word, he knows. He knows my storm. The only one who can tame it.”

Kiss To Shatter is a brothers best friends, college sports romance, but it is so much more than that. It’s filled with emotion, secrets and angst. Jade and Prescott’s story has been one that’s been hinted at a little in the past few books of the Blairwood University series, and even more so in the novella, Kiss Me Forever. Welcome to Blairwood University, This is Jade and Prescott’s book. The tropes are Sports romance, Enemies to Lovers, Brother’s Best friend. Kiss to Shatter is the sixth book in the Blairwoord University series and follows Jade, Nixon's little sister, and Prescott, his best friend, and teammate.Prescott and Jade have been apart of each other's lives for years, and though their chemistry is undeniable, they also can't stand each other. But they also just might be the only ones who can really help and understand what they are going through. And the connection they form because of it is just so beautiful. The note in regards to triggers I felt is key to this book, as there is a lot that both Jade and Prescott experience. This book isn’t lighthearted and it does dive into some serious and emotional topics. This novel has me all in tune with my emotions. I was happy, sad, lustful, sad, angry, and hopeful. As the story progressed I became more and more enchanted in everything about this novel. I loved reading their interactions especially seeing their feelings changing, they both needed someone to trust and it was nice knowing how they were becoming close. While the other books in this series have been standalone HEAs, Jade and Prescott are getting a duet. That alone should tell you that their story is going to be a roller coaster ride, and it definitely delivers. This book does end on a cliffhanger, and that cliffhanger holds true to the title of the book, as it left me shattered, and wanting the rest of their story right away.

These two are so similar, yet completely different in many ways. Their greatest similarity is the things that keep them awake at night, the secrets they hold onto and those that haunt them. Both are broken under the surface, but won’t allow anyone in, as they are each just as stubborn as the other and don’t need to rely on anyone else. All of this makes for a perfect frenemies kind of vibe they have going on. Kiss To Shatter is more than a spicy romance. It touches on different topics, all of which are very real life circumstances and that brings a lot of depth to the story. Anna killed me with that ending I need Kiss To Salvage! I love the secrecy, the ''forbidden'' and how the relationship between them evolves. I can't wait to read more about them in their second book!

Customer reviews

Prescott Wentworth is a football player who happens to be best friends with Nixon Cole. He is no stranger to tragedy as he faced many hardships including a career suffering ACL injury leaving him on the bench. Now he is better at least that’s what the doctors say. However, he still feels pain in his knee. When will it be too much for him to go on? Jade Cole. The sister to his best friend, a thorn in his side. They're truly as epic as I knew they would be and I would be lying if I said I wasn't utterly and deeply ✨️ obsessed ✨️ with them and this book! Something that I really liked, but also made me suffer a lot, is that Jade & Prescott are two people who are destroyed in more ways than one, totally lost in their lives and especially finding the refuge they so much need in the other, even though their relationship is more than a little toxic and taking into account how much they both hate each other and spend time fighting. I think my favorite part of their relationship was Anna taking her time with these two to start creating a bond that goes beyond sex for both of them 👏, I loved that Prescott had the confidence to tell Jade something even Nixon doesn't know and that Jade could talk about her mom with him the way she can't with anyone, and although I'm very afraid of what might happen to both of them in Kiss to Salvage, I also have high hopes for the second part of their love story and their personal stories. One of my favorite things about this story is that it’s dual POV, so you can see how each side is feeling as the story progresses and you get insight into the secrets and pain that is going on inside each character. It truly makes you FEEL for them and makes it that much more real. True to its title, this book does Shatter your heart into a million pieces. It better Salvage it in the next one xD

But at the end everything comes to a stop when they get caught by Nixon aka Jade's brother and Prescott's best friend and one major secret that Jade was gaurding with her life!!!!! Prescott for his side, it's recovering from an injury and is not easy, he has to give his best when he simply can not do more, he can’t let his team down, and he has to give it his best. But the injury is not the only complication, because reading how he feels attracted to the sister of one of his best friends and teammates has been a true marvel. Antes de comenzar quiero sugerir que no vean los trigger warnings de este libro solo por curiosidad, yo lo hice y esa parte de la web de Anna B. Doe está llena de spoilers!! Aún así estoy totalmente sorprendida y encantada con todo lo que ésta autora preparó para Jade & Prescott porque no veía venir este tipo de historia para ellos: todo fue mucho más complejo de lo que esperaba y aunque este libro tiene muchos momentos divertidos y tiernos, me encantó que la trama se concentré mucho más en los demonios de los personajes principales y sinceramente soy muy feliz de que Kiss to Salvage no vaya a tardar tanto en llegar porque necesito saber que va a pasar con estos dos. I went into this knowing it was a football, brothers best friend, college romance. But, it ended up being so much more.I have to say that Jade's character was a bit of a mystery to me when I started reading Blairwood University with Kiss To Defy 😅, when I read Kiss To Forget and knew her story I began to understand many things about her, BUT with this book I understood 100% her impulsive attitude, aggressive behavior towards life and thoughts towards romantic relationships. Something that really broke my heart was reading her making bad decisions, trying to do the best she can and protecting the people she loves, even when it means facing her demons alone 💔, definitely something that I loved about Jade, in addition to the possibility of understanding her better, was that Anna return to the part of her plot in which she had to face her mother's illness alone while Nixon could forget a little bit about the situation being in Blairwood, something I sincerely hope both of them can talk about/resolve in the next book of this duet. And speaking of Nix & Jade, I loved reading their relationship again because even when they're not going through the best of times they're constantly worrying about each other, I also loved that Jade was this strong female character, who although she is constantly wrong, has a big heart, does everything to protect those she loves, who is a little lost but knows what she wants and is not afraid to speak her mind. Prescott es otro personaje que al principio me costaba mucho entender, y aunque en su caso hay ciertas conductas que no me terminaron de gustar y que no justifico, también puedo comprenderlo mucho mejor después de saber más de él, su situación personal y familiar. Prescott ha estado casi toda la serie en una situación compleja debido a una lesión que no le ha permitido jugar por meses y que lo ha convertido en un chico gruñón, malhumorado, que está bastante enojado con la vida y no sabe como reaccionar ante lo que le está pasando, algo que es más claro que nunca al leer todo por lo que pasa en Kiss To Shatter para cumplir una de las promesas más importantes de su vida.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment