276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Airplane Seatbelt Extender (7-24") - FITS ALL AIRLINES (except Southwest) - FREE Carry Case!

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I wholeheartedly understand if the shame of asking for a seatbelt extender is something you’re never able to get over but I want everyone reading this to know that I believe in you. Advocating for yourself as a plus size traveller is incredibly important and the more you do it, I promise the easier it will get. Carry it in your carry on where you can easily pull it out after boarding (my recommendation is in your personal item that goes under the seat in front of you. As a frequent traveler and someone who's been both heavier and lighter than I am today, I have experienced flying at different weights and sizes. I know from firsthand experience how just 20 or 30 pounds can make a difference in comfort on an aircraft. And I've seen how the attitudes — and patience — of the people around you differ depending on your weight. You deserve to be comfortable and safe when you travel and if you need a seatbelt extender to do that, that’s okay!

I need to be more aware of the seats themselves on the particular aircraft I fly. I need to know exactly which seats I fit comfortably into and whether or not I may need a seat belt extender. If a flight attendant feels like it’s not safe for you to use it, they may ask you to hand it over to them. There are a lot of cases where flight attendants either don’t notice or choose not to say anything, which is why you may hear mixed messaging surrounding whether or not it’s okay to take your own onboard. All airplane seat extenders are not universal. However, most airlines use the same type of seat belts. Type A universal seat belt extender is compatible with most airline seat belts and works on most commercial and international airlines. Types of Airplane Seat ExtendersSociety has led us to believe that needing an extender is something to be ashamed and as a result, people are putting themselves at risk every single day. There is some debate about this, considering the FAA has pretty much said no due to safety reasons. However, the FAA has also approved many extenders that are currently on the market. With this, the majority of the advice you will hear or read in Facebook groups, Reddit, etc. will tell you to bring your own, however, this does not mean you will always be able to use it.

What’s more, having a comfortable airline seat is more than a matter of comfort for pregnant women. While we all approach pregnancy different ways, having one’s pregnant belly and embryo squeezed by an overtight airplane strap probably isn’t a good idea. The below image is the seat configuration of an American Airlines Embraer ERJ-145 operated by Envoy Air. On a small, cramped plane like this one, a passenger of size may be better off selecting an A seat with no seatmate. Seat width is 17 inches. Remember, most airlines do not allow using extenders unless those provided and approved by the airline. Like in the case of Southwest Airlines, a customer is only allowed to use a Southwest seatbelt extender that is provided and approved by the airline. Before buying any product, conduct due diligence to make sure it complies with the FAA safety regulation. One fundamental FAA rule is that the seat belt should not interfere with adjacent seats. However, the FAA is not clear about what constitutes significant interference of a seatbelt extender. This seems intentional as it gives airlines the leeway to choose the type of seat belt extender they approve for use. The first thing that stands out to you about this model is its all-around superior sturdiness and quality. The belt is E4 certified and is likewise cleared for use by the FAA. It is made from a special blend of polyester, nylon, and steel.Why is Southwestern Airlines different? Only they know the full answer to that question. They may feel that their seat belt design provides better comfort, or perhaps it is more economical for them. If a seatbelt you have bought online states is has FAA documentation with it, this is likely fake because it cannot be bought and is only provided directly to airlines. A seatbelt extender, also known as a “seat belt extension,” is an attachment that helps you fasten your seat belt when it doesn’t quite fit around your waist. They’re often used by plus size passengers or those who are pregnant.

It may, thus, be worth your time to “practice” connecting and using your seat belt extender before you use it on your next flight. Get a feel for how tight is tight enough, and the best way to make your particular model as comfortable as possible. Being strapped in too tightly can heighten the feelings of claustrophobia that accompany a fear of flying. If you are already anxious about flying, you’ll want to do everything you can to lessen the physical and psychological pressure, and extra-comfy extended seat belt extenders can do just that. FAA Guidelines, last updated in 2012, state that “seat belt extenders are considered part of the aircraft seat and must be provided by the airline.” Federal Aviation Administration Are Seat Belt Extenders Safe When You Buy Them Yourself? Most airlines in the US and UK use Type A, except for Southwest which utilizes Type B seatbelts. Can I bring a seat belt extender on a plane?Flying while overweight can be uncomfortable, not just for the plus-size passenger but sometimes also for seatmates and aircraft crew who might need to reinforce certain rules and safety procedures. An American Airlines Embraer ERJ-145 operated by Envoy Air. (Image courtesy of American Airlines) Understand that seat width can be a wild card Ok, I’ll admit, I was curious about what all of these standards such as E4 and E9 meant. Because I’m not any type of authority on the topic of seat belt safety I found this great resource to help if you want to learn more. These inflight comfort devices or seat extenders, (also known as “inflatable foot rests”, “inflatable travel mattresses”, “convertible in-flight beds” or “bed boxes” ), are an ingenious way of converting an economy seat into a comfortable flat bed for kids and cheaper than an upgrade!

An airplane seat extender was initially designed to help add an extra length. This is to say that they should only be used when the standard seatbelt won’t fit comfortably and not for any other reason. Who requires an airplane seat belt extender? Either way, you need to make sure that your seat belt extender is compatible with the kind of seat belt you’ll be using. As mentioned, Type A corresponds to most airlines and Type B with Southwestern, so be on the lookout for seat belt extenders that are “Type B Compatible.”

How do I know if I need an airplane seat belt extender?

One other thing to note: Some airlines that use inflatable seat belts on their aircraft may not let you use a seat belt extender in those particular seats. Buy preferred seats or stalk the seat map All airlines that permit the use of the BedBox, PlanePal, FlyAway et al, do have certain requirements about their use, and where they can be used. For example, they must not be used on an aisle seat. Other rules include: (but are not limited too) RULES FOR USING AN INFLIGHT SLEEP DEVICE The E8 Safety Certified Type A Airplane Seat Belt Extension fits on a wide variety of airlines and will lead to a hassle and stress-free flying experience. If you are flying Southwest, please try the Type B Airplane Extender.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment