276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Low (2017

£13.995£27.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There is a wide soundstage and a lot of detail but the bass gives you the feeling of sound coming from a rehearsal room. The rear sticker (attached to the UK cover) has the titles Left Margined, whereas the remainder of the album artwork uses a Centred style (as seen on the front cover, insert and US sticker).

David Bowie – Low (1977, Vinyl) - Discogs

I got into a lot of emotional and spiritual trouble there and so I decided to split and discover new ways of relating to the music business per se. Bottom right hand corner: white rectangle with black lettering - ‘Bowie official 75’ with the 75 being a trade marked logo to mark Bowie’s birthday.Top left hand front: black circular with orange lettering - ‘45th anniversary orange vinyl limited edition’ plus barcode/catalog number ‘190296726798’. While I haven't heard an original on my setup, I've listened to a couple of originals on other similar-tier hifis and I'd be hard pressed to tell you the difference, with the obvious exception that this pressing is a lot more readily available in NM condition without crackling to distract from the music.

David Bowie - Low (45th Anniversary) (ORANGE VINYL LP)

I love the album, so I've been bouncing back and forth between all three copies all night just for my own pleasure, but it's a no brainer.The songs on side one might be about alienation, psychic withdrawal and loneliness, but they are also possessed of a febrile energy, sweeping synthetic strings, a jaw-dropping, revolutionary drum sound and sheer funkiness. Mine has the Demo stamp on the back but is black, not white as in the one pictured and no track listing sticker.

Low | The Bowie Bible Low | The Bowie Bible

I got confused by Bowie naming him “Michael Dinger” (a conflation of Michael Rother and Klaus Dinger), and obviously interpreted it wrongly. To be anything to do with rock and roll and to go and live in Los Angeles is I think just heading for disaster. From 1972 onwards Bowie was a major pop star but one fuelled by the marginal and esoteric strands of music and culture.

The album bypasses punk entirely and, rather astonishingly, creates the sonic template for post-punk. Contrary to others' experiences, I can confirm this pressing (and the remaster it's pressed from) sound fantastic. We understand that not everyone can donate right now, but if you can afford to contribute, we promise it will be put to good use.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment