276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Throne of Glass: Sarah J. Maas: 1

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I would say that it really depends on the person who is reading. If they are a sheltered child or younger than eight or nine then they shouldn't read this. LoveReading4Kids exists because books change lives, and buying books through LoveReading4Kids means you get to change the lives of future generations, with 25% of the cover price donated to schools in need. Join our community to get personalised book suggestions, extracts straight to your inbox, 10% off RRPs, and to change children’s lives. In a book where the main character is a career assassin, everyone is morally complex and often conflicted. Celaena's plans to bolt at the first opportunity are complicated by growing bonds of friendship, respect, and hope for a better world. Dorian, the teen prince who loves books and doesn't want to be like his father, is a notorious ladies' man but also devoted to Celaena; his lifelong BFF Chaon, the brave captain of the guard, is also in love with her and protects her from assorted dangers. Mysterious Princess Nehemia, visiting from a conquered kingdom, befriends Celaena and reveals unexpected depths. A long-dead Fae queen takes a hand in opposing dark forces -- like the king.

you recommend reading the Throne of Glass series - Reddit Do you recommend reading the Throne of Glass series - Reddit

As an adult who has read a lot of romance novels, it wasn’t anything out of the ordinary or even that explicit. But if you are a parent reviewing a series for your child who is younger, this might not be the series for you if you are wanting to keep your child from reading books that contain descriptions of adult activities.I hate to even give you the names of the characters, because naming the characters can tell you how the books play out later in the series! In the first installment, set in the times of castles, kings, and horses (no industry) the main character (Celaena Sardothien) is mining salt by hand as a slave. How do you feel about stories where the protagonist is forced to choose among various options, all of them bad? Was someone you know ever in that position? What did they do? How did they decide? I've been considering reading the Court of Thorns and Roses series too, but, one the one hand, opinions tend to set this series better than the throne of glass one, so I'm afraid that if I read this one first, then I won't like the throne of glass books. And I've also heard about some uncomfortable sexy scenes going on on the Court of Thorns series, so again my dilemma about not being kind of a sexy-romance reader. Love the series! Just wanted to make sure readers are aware that it is an erotic romance, with very detailed sex scenes (first book is not that explicit, but as the books progress the explicitness increases).

Throne of Glass: Throne of Glass, Book 1 - Common Sense Media

Also, if the child has started reading this and they really like it and you've only just now heard bad stuff about the books let them keep reading because they will likely want to kill you if you take it from them. Despite many warnings not to drink faerie wine, Feyre does on several occasions, including a long period where she gets drunk every night when her captor forces her to attend parties with him. Frankly, I am glad that I didn’t discover the Throne of Glass series until it was over, because I would have been so impatient waiting for the next books in the series to be released!!! A prequel to the New York Times bestselling Throne of Glass, this collection of five novellas explores the history of this cunning assassin and her enthralling-and deadly-world.Armistice Day: A Collection of Remembrance - Spark Interest and Educate Children about Historical Moments Some readers might be disappointed that romance isn’t a more integral part of the books. There are some really great romance adventure novels out there, but I guess that’s what I like about a lot of the fantasy novels in the YA genre. The romance is there, but it isn’t more important than the adventure and challenges (I’m thinking of the Renegade series by Marissa Meyer, the Eona/Eon books by Alison Goodman, Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard and others). I think it wise to read this yourself first, and if you are unwilling to do so, or it's not your style - err on the side of caution and delay a year longer before recommending this to your child. I've just finished it and am happy to let my 15 year old read it. When I was much younger, 12 -13 I discovered much more sexually explicit books and delighted in them, which is all part of growing up. Chances are, if you're questioning if your teenager can handle sexual content - you're too late anyway due to what they've undoubtedly already consumed.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment