Magento Forum - UK Magento Forum (Unofficial)

An unofficial but dedicated Magento Forum for Magento Users, Designers and Developers

Experimenting with Magento

New members, introduce yourselves here...

Experimenting with Magento

Postby cyberdood » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:57 am

HI

i currently maintain a non magento e-commerce website that has about 7000 products. I am able to maintain the website with relative ease with spread sheet importing.

I have seen and dones some exprimenting with the magento Import from Excel but seem to hit a snag when the import runs.

I have a couple of queries. I wonder if someone could point me in the right dreciont.

1. Import from MS Excel / CSV file.

I currently have a file in CSV format and weeded out any columns i do not need.

the columns i have are _category | _attribute_set | _type | name | short_description | sku | price | special_price | qty | status | description | small_image | image | weight | _store | visibility | media_gallery | tax_class_id.

When i add some new products to the spread sheet and then import them the products seem to go in. But they do not seem to be directly being activated onto the website. At a bit of a guess and i could be wrong here but if I edit the imported product manually, i go to the Websites section and manually click English website. This seems to enable the prodcut onto the website. IN the spreadsheet file which column activeates this and what should it be set to?

2. Product Images

The website I curretnly maintain has in excess of some 13000 image files and is pretty user friendly. The file uploader on the product editor is by far to slow and too cumbersome for me to manually upload the files to. I also note that on the image record of the product there is no way to enter a path to an already existing file. My files are all in folders and are stored neatly and consistantly by the manufacutires name e.g. /CC/XXXXX.XXX

Is tehre a way of importing spreadsheets and setting the path to the image file for small and large images reference as XXXXXX_S.jpg and xxxxx_B.jpg (being small and big). Ideally i would like to copy the existing settings of my spreadsheets into a magento spread sheet to cut down on maintenance time.

Thank you.
cyberdood

Re: Experimenting with Magento

Postby spletnisistemi » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:34 am

Hi there,

we developed special module to Import products and categories from Excel to Magento.

You can check mora about it and try demo here:
http://shop.spletnisistemi.si/import-data-excel-magento.html

If you need more informations, please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,
spletnisistemi
spletnisistemi

Return to Welcome to the Unofficial Magento Forum