276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Albert Upside Down (Albert the Tortoise)

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

a b c d e f g h i "Albert King, Indianola". Mississippi Blues Trail.org . Retrieved August 31, 2015. He is also a big hit amongst celebrities and influencers, getting the attention of the likes of The Only Way is Essex' Lydia Bright, who said Albert Upside Down was a "new favourite" book for her daughter Loretta. Don’t worry though, because here I will explain how you can replicate King’s tone and setup, without completely overhauling your current rig. Reportedly, King played 0.09-0.50 gauge strings. So in essence he was playing light gauge on his top strings and heavy gauge on his bottom strings. Sometimes bad gear can give you a good idea! I’ll go with whatever’s around. There are no rules”: Code Orange’s Reba Meyers on writing “pure evil” riffs and why she’d rather play a guitar that “sounds a little sh**tier” than a studio classic

Pushing a tube amp that hard would have undoubtedly produced heavy levels of distortion, beyond the scope of what King wanted. Years Gone By (1969) Blues for Elvis – King Does the King's Things (1970) Lovejoy (1971) I'll Play the Blues for You (1972) I Wanna Get Funky (1974) The Pinch a.k.a. The Blues Don't Change (1974) King Albert (1977) I'm in a Phone Booth, Baby (1984) This list needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sourcesin this list. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. As is often the case with the early electric bluesmen, Albert King used a variety of different amplifiers during his career. This was partly through choice and partly through necessity.

Follow us

Here I think it makes sense to look at Fender and similarly voiced amps. Not only will they help you to sound like Albert King, they will also help you to get a range of beautiful American blues tones.

The first of these is a Tube Screamer. This is really more associated with Stevie Ray Vaughan, and arguably with a blues tone that is smoother and warmer than King’s. Y Obrecht, Jas (2000). Rollin' and Tumblin': The Postwar Blues Guitarists. Hal Leonard. pp. 349. ISBN 0879306130. There are now four books in the series, including Albert and the Wind, Albert Supersize and new book Albert in the Air. Celebrity tortoise Albert, from Gravesend. Picture: Ian BrownMike Bordin ( Ozzy Osbourne, Faith No More) uses a right-handed setup, but with his primary ride cymbal on his left. That is not to say that I recommend you turn your guitar upside down to sound like Albert King. However it’s worth paying close attention to your bending style if you really want to nail that Albert King tone. Albert Upside Down is the fourth book in the series, and features the adventurous tortoise escaping from his garden home but becoming entangled in some balloons. Iommi’s left-handedness is less significant to his unique sound than the loss of his fingertips in a work accident, but his awesome catalog of riffs certainly adds weight to the hypothesis that lefties are more creative.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment