276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ryobi RCS5145B 51cc Petrol Chainsaw

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Einhell is a brand that I know and love – I’ve used several of their power and garden tools before, including their electric scarifier, cordless leaf blower, and cordless chainsaw. However, no matter how good their cordless chainsaw was, I needed something a little more powerful to cope with the large trees that Storm Arwen had toppled around my farm, which is where the Einhell GC-PC 2040 came in. According to the brand, this chainsaw was made for hobby gardeners. The work that I had set out for it was a little more than “hobby”– it was a job that I would usually turn to one of my professional chainsaws for, but I had high hopes that this Einhell would be up to the task. Long 50 cm (20”) cutting bar gives this chainsaw the ability to slice through wood that’s 102 cm (40”) in diameter There’s no chance you’ll accidentally slice through the cord – which can happen a lot with mains powered chainsaws! A petrol chainsaw is a powerful and effective piece of machinery. It’s a tool that’s sure to cut time on tasks in the garden. All garden furniture will be delivered kerbside unless otherwise stated. All other products will be delivered to your front door.

The length of the bar will determine the size of the log or branch which can be cut in any one movement. Chainsaws with a shorter bar can be used to cut large pieces of wood, but it’ll take more than one pass to get through it. Easy to use. Once you’ve mastered starting your chainsaw, you should find it relatively easy to use Now onto the part that could potentially be a dealbreaker for many – the price. This was the most expensive of the five chainsaws that I tested, even though it was the smallest both in terms of bar size and engine power. It doesn’t come with any spare parts either, although a maintenance toolkit has been included. Instead, the higher cost is attributed to the quality of the parts used to produce this chainsaw, as well as the Husqvarna name.

Compare this chainsaw to the others that I tested and you’ll see that it’s one of the most expensive. However, for what you’re paying, you’re getting a fantastic machine that’s not only suitable for light garden work, but can also be used for heavy-duty tasks. That said, as I mentioned earlier, this chainsaw is very similar to the P1PE that I tested. If you’re on a tight budget, then the P1PE, or even the ParkerBrand, is the one I’d recommend. However, if you’re willing to spend just a little bit more on a reliable and trustworthy brand, then the Hyundai is more than worth it. Electric Heater Accessories Gas Cylinder Storage Gas Heater Accessories Propane/Butane Hoses and Regulators Most petrol chainsaws will be designed with a comfortable, grippy handle. You should also look for anti vibration to minimise discomfort. Fitness to Operate a Petrol Chainsaw Submersible Pumps - Fountain & Pond Miscellaneous and Transfer Pumps Pump Accessories Pump Controllers & Switches Hose Hose Clips Couplers, Valves & Filters Washdown Pump Kits

In terms of design, this chainsaw boasts everything that you’d expect from a high-end chainsaw. It has a 50 cm (20”) bar, making it suitable for professional use too, and its trigger, on/off button, primer bubble, and choke button are all positioned for convenient access. It even comes with its own carry bag – granted, this isn’t a huge deal, but for someone like myself who often carries chainsaws around, having a carry bag is definitely convenient.The working environment can also have a big impact on your safety. Ensure you have a clear working space, and if you’re chopping logs they should be held in place. The RYOBI 38cc 18”/45cm chainsaw is a great asset to home-owners who have mature trees in their yards, or need to prepare firewood for winter fires or camping. This petrol-powered model provides the torque and runtime needed to see off some of the biggest jobs. Maintaining your RYOBI 38cc...

This chainsaw is very similar (almost identical) in design to the P1PE chainsaw that I also tested. It has a large trigger, an on/off button, a choke button, and a primer bubble. However, the Hyundai does also come with a decompression button. I loved that this chainsaw had a 50 cm (20”) bar, along with a chain that felt much sturdier than some of the others that I’ve used. This isn’t a chain that’s going to stretch easily. This chainsaw has also been designed with a brushless motor. This basically means that the motor creates minimal friction when it’s running, resulting in higher power and a longer runtime for the battery. This machine is also a great size. Its 30cm bar makes it very versatile, while the body itself is relatively compact. It’s easy to get a firm grip on the handles, and the minimal vibration makes things more comfortable.You should never attempt to use a chainsaw while balanced up a tree, or even if you are stretching from a ladder. You should be fully balanced at all times, with space around you for the wood to fall. If you want to comfortably move with your chainsaw up and down ladders, choose a weight closer to 5 kg . Assembling a cordless chainsaw isn’t too difficult, even if you’ve never used a chainsaw before. This Ryobi cordless chainsaw can be put together without any tools needed at all, which makes the process so simple. Again, in terms of both performance and power, there wasn’t really a significant difference between the P1PE and the Hyundai. The P1PE was able to neatly slice through trunks that were roughly 102 cm (40”) in diameter, yet it handled smaller branches just as well too. I managed to use it to cut up wood that was around 50cm in diameter. These were trunks that I previously used a petrol chainsaw for – although the Ryobi was a little slower, the end result was just as good. That said, don’t assume that this is a slow machine – its cutting speed is 10 m/s, which is faster than most of the other cordless chainsaws out there. The only faster one that I tested was the Makita.

Petrol chainsaw engines vary quite significantly, with this one sitting somewhere in the middle of the scale. Again, this is pretty much ideal for the average user – 50cc gives it all of the power it needs to work for several hours straight without any issues. The chain tensioning is also important. Some models will come with a tensioning tool included, while others have a dial on the side that allows you to adjust the tension without the worry of losing a tool. Weight Directly Impacts Ease of Use Most of the chainsaws that I tested took about ten minutes to assemble, and this one was no exception. You do waste a bit of time unravelling the chain, but, when it comes to removing and replacing the side panel (so that you can fit the bar and chain), Husqvarna made things more convenient by positioning the screw for this at the front, rather than the side, of the unit.The on/off switch is a major design flaw - it’s awkward to use the chainsaw without accidentally hitting the switch and turning the machine off mid-cut, which is also a safety hazard Long 50 cm (20”) cutting bar allows it to slice through 100 cm (40”) trunks, making it suitable for heavy-duty forestry clearances as well as light garden work That said, it does feel a little lighter than the Hyundai, which makes it that much easier to use. If you’re only using it for short periods of time, this won’t matter so much. However, for those of you who’ll be using the chainsaw for extended periods, you’ll appreciate its lightweight nature, along with its anti-vibration system.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment