276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Taste: The No.1 Sunday Times Bestseller

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I’m not even being facetious when I say that, if we’re serious about ending cultural sexism, a good place to start might be right here.

Separate him from his schiacciata (a bread similar to focaccia) or his chimichurri sauce, and no good will come of it; he’s one of those people who thinks about dinner even as he butters his toast.

I don’t know why, but we Americans feel little obligation to preserve what once was because we choose to see it as less than what is or what could be. Yes, there is a print version of this wonderful story, but I absolutely loved the audio version read by Tucci himself.

In this extract from the book he shares food-focused memories from his childhood in an Italian American family, and the prized recipe for his family’s tomato sauce. Back home, he and the actor Oliver Platt try their uncertain hands at the roasting of an entire pig.

Losing a beloved family heirloom is a very real personal loss; they're things that cannot ever be replaced or re-created. So often I could picture Tucci with his sly wit and slightly curmudgeonly manner telling me these stories. There I was, innocently reading Taste: My Life Through Food , a memoir by the notable actor and gourmand Stanley Tucci, when the word zeppole (doesn’t it sound elegante? Describing Stanley Tucci wife, Felicity Blunt, cooking roast potatoes and complete confusion when they watch her boiling, fluffing them up and covering in goose fat.

You did get me at the mention of Italian food and travelling around Italy so I may be enticed to read this book in particular.With having said that reading the book does give you the advantage of having his incredible recipes written in the book. Y., where the expansive kitchen and array of culinary devices attested to the genuineness of his hunger. It thrills me that Meryl Streep and he are real life pals and that his experience on The Devil Wears Prada was a favorite. Nearly a decade ago, for an article tied to the publication of “The Tucci Cookbook,” I ate with Tucci and his parents at his home in Westchester County, N.

Having shared many of his life’s most formative recipes in his cookbooks The Tucci Cookbook and The Tucci Table, in Taste, his new food-based memoir, Stanley dishes out the stories behind the recipes.Since a very young age as a boy growing up in a large and extended Italian family in upstate New York, Stanley was interested in food and its preparation. Family, pasta, pasta pairing, eating, drinking, and a peek behind the scenes of movie-making (mostly food-related). The reader feels invited to Tucci’s table for great food and great conversations, all of this accomplished through humour, charm, sensitivity and sincerity. Although I pride myself on being able to handle my liquor, due to the absence of ice cubes and their diluting effects on the alcohol, one of these can be enough for me to ask the waiter if he would discreetly remind me of my own name. The savoury version, favoured in Calabria, in southern Italy, may contain anchovies, and go down very well indeed with a martini, or a glass of something cold, fizzy and unforgivably expensive.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment