276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Wicked Delights of a Bridal Bed (Byrons of Braebourne Book 4)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This was another great addition to The Byrons of Braebourne series. Only one book left! I'm feeling slightly forlorn. I can't say it is my favorite series ever, but it's a very memorable and lovely series none-the-less. With an amazing family and characters!

A mere half an hour ago, she would have opted to ride straight home. But a strange restfulness seemed to have invaded her system, along with a sense of shared understanding. Adam knew what it was to grieve. He’d experienced loss and come out the other side. As for his rather high-handed kiss, she supposed she couldn’t hold it against him, not when she knew his intentions had been good. So it had been a sympathy kiss, had it? His embrace driven not out of any real sense of desire for her, but rather from a need to distract and cheer her. It’s only the kiss, she told herself, and she would forget it in a trice. She and Adam were friends, no more, no less, and he was only devoting himself to her at present because of that friendship. I mean, isn't that such a sweet silly little moment!? I just loved it and how light-hearted it was after all of that angst and torment between them. (And, it was funny. Like, good on you Mallory, you got jokes. Lol)At length, her tears ceased, her sobs turning to shaky inhalations and weary sighs, as she leaned against him. Using the damp silk handkerchief she held balled up inside her fist, she blew her nose and blotted her tearstained eyes. This is a really good ‘friends to marriage/lovers’ romance, but what makes it somewhat unique and refreshing is that in this, it’s the hero who’s been madly in love with the heroine, his best friend’s younger sister, in secret for years, instead of the other way around, like is so typically the case in many romances.

The romance though was flat. I was surprised it felt like it but when these two made appearances in previous book, they actually gave a great chemistry between them. However, the funny thing is the chemistry was great between Mallory and her supposed dead fiancé when it was none in previous book. But that's not all when the unexpected person suddenly returned, threatening to destroy their happy marriage. Adam showed his jealousy at this particular person from Mallory's past, and I must admit it was his absurd jealousy and control over Mallory's life that made me sometimes cringe and not able to give this book a 5-star rating. But in the end, Mallory let Adam know who she really loved with these words that made me swoon, and there we have the happy ending we all wait for: Mallory has no clue that Adam loves her desperately. She did have a girlish crush on him when she was sixteen, but since he only treated her like a sister, she pushed those feelings aside. Adam is the only one who won't let her run and hide. Soon she is taking morning rides with him, having picnics and even allowing him to give her kisses. She thinks nothing of it because they are just good friends, but then one night when her nightmares and memories of Michael comes crashing over her, Adam comforts her in her bedroom. One thing leads to another and both are caught. With the promise of a duel from Mallory's brother for compromising her, Mallory accepts Adam's marriage proposal. Adam wants to jump up and cheer. He finally has Mallory as his. Mallory, on the other hand, thinks Adam is marrying her because of the unfortunate circumstances they have found themselves in. But there is no other man she'd rather marry and is pleased that her wonderful friend will become her husband.Adam and Mallory are great characters with realistic, complex insecurities, emotions, and human failings, and I loved them together. The close friendship, tender affection, and intense passion they shared were heartfelt and touching, and their love scenes were sensual and seriously steamy. One scene in particular that demonstrated Adam’s skills, commitment to Mallory’s pleasure, and possessive streak was yowza hot and had me fanning myself! This is my second Tracy Anne Warren book, and I had thought she had a penchant for the dramatic & taking things one too far, which was confirmed in this story. What a complicated web it was... This book is the fourth book in the series about the Byrons of Braebourne. Because Goodreads recommended it to me first, I decided to read it first before reading the other books in the series. This book is about the love story and marriage between Mallory - the only girl in the Byron family who had her own story - and Adam Gresham, an Earl who was a friend with the Byrons, especially Mallory. But a taste couldn’t begin to be enough, yearning roaring to life inside him, burning in his veins as blood beat between his temples and pooled lower in his belly and between his thighs.

But he and Mallory had known each other for far too many years to stand on formality at this point. If they had, she would never have cried in his arms today at all, he realized.

Mistress Trilogy Book Covers

Mallory veers between being angry and dependent on Adam, and every scene with her is haunted by Michael, her lost fiancé. Up until 50%, I wish I had more empathy for Mallory; seeing her mourn an idea of a man and a lost life while she’s getting married is kind of painful. After their marriage, its apparent that Mallory doesnt know Adam at all. And, Adam’s pain sometimes turns into inward self-hate. But I liked Adam. I liked Mallory, aside from the mourning thing. I didn't care for so much of the other happy couples from previous books - I'd far rather have less of that. She gave a clearly startled whimper, but didn’t try to push him away. If she had, perhaps he would have stopped. Instead, desire urged him on, encouraging him to take more. He’d waited years to hold her like this and kiss her. He’d dreamt countless times of how her lips would feel against his and the way her small, supple body would curve into his own much taller one. Yet his imagination was as insipid as water to wine when compared with reality––the sensations, scents, and flavors more divine than anything his mind could create. Adam's jealousy & Mallory's need for closure were not unfounded (this is coming from my psychologist's viewpoint.)

Mallory is in for quite the surprise when Adam admits he doesn't just want a marriage of friendship but of passion. He does his best to show Mallory the delights of the bedroom, and soon she is swept away by his expertise where she wants more. Slowly her love for Michael has lessened, although Adam worries that she will never love him the way he loves her. He will do whatever he can to erase the feelings she had for Michael until he is the only man she will ever want. Access-restricted-item true Addeddate 2014-02-21 15:00:22.162176 Bookplateleaf 0004 Boxid IA1910608 City New York Donor urn:oclc:668403892 Republisher_date 20180123144529 Republisher_operator [email protected] Republisher_time 462 Scandate 20180118203730 Scanner scribe2.capitolhill.archive.org Scanningcenter capitolhill Source Were he competing against a flesh-and-blood rival, he would have stood a fair chance. But how did a man battle a ghost?

The Graysons Book Covers

I can't believe I am saying this, but their relationship was just sex. I wanted to read the banter & the fun time they spent together that was mentioned. That would have been the romance. Hungry? How could he possibly think of food at a moment like this? Then she recalled why he said he’d kissed her. Anyways the reason this ended up being a 3.5 star is simply because there was no conflict, no real drama throughout most of the book. Oh if you count the 'surprise' reveal near the ending that causes a riff between the married couple, that was 'meh' for me. It was predictable because you know how it would turn out given that it all plays out in the last few chapters. But even so, that alone wasn't enough to fully catch my attention which was really frustrating because I kept waiting, and waiting.......and waiting for SOMETHING to happen. I just kept finding myself thinking 'that's it?' while reading this. Real disappointing because I loved the characters. Loved Mallory, really sweet vivacious, smart whitty heroine who you can't help but love. And Adam was a yummy hero, total alpha male with a jealous-possessive 'I will not ever let her go' streak. Loved his passion and intensity when it came to Mallory. I just really REALLY wish the author spent more time giving more action, actual REAL angst and some more interesting conflict that the suspected marriage 'insecurities'. I know Warren's capable of it, I've seen it in her previous work. No,” he murmured in answer to her query. “You look lovely as always.” Then, before he even knew what he was doing, he bent and touched his mouth to hers, desperate for a taste, however brief it might be.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment