276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Cast Iron: The red-hot finale to the cold-case Enzo series (Enzo 6) (The Enzo Files): The red-hot penultimate case of the Enzo series (The Enzo Files Book 6)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The unidentified cadaver in turn provides a welcome distraction for forensic pathologist Margaret Campbell. Campbell, married to her work and having left America and her broken past behind, throws herself into the investigation, and before long uncovers a bizarre anomaly. The Beijing Ripper makes a personal vendetta against Detective Li Yan in the sixth and final episode in the China series a b c d "Shots Magazine Interview with Peter May". Shotsmag.co.uk. Archived from the original on 18 May 2008 . Retrieved 27 May 2008. Detective Li Yan is determined to discover just how one of the victims in particular, an American diplomat, became caught up in the slaying. And he is arguably even more determined to have nothing to do with Campbell. Deanstons Scottish Crime Book of the Year [31] Entry Island won the Deanstons Scottish Crime Book of the Year Award at the Bloody Scotland Crime Writing Festival in Stirling September 2014.

Western France - now May's own stamping ground - is as much a character in the book as the Hebrides were in his formidable Isle of Lewis sequence * Guardian *Peter May describes becoming a Chevalier de la Dive Bouteille de Gaillac". Petermaylive.blogspot.com . Retrieved 27 May 2008. Cast Iron is the sixth book in the Enzo Macleod Investigation series by Scottish journalist, screenwriter and author, Peter May. After refreshing himself on the details of Roger Raffin’s sixth cold case with him, Enzo heads in the direction of Bordeaux to meet the parents of Lucie Martin, whose unexplained disappearance in 1989 became a murder case when a nearby lake dried up during the drought of 2003, revealing her skeleton.

Peter May was born in Glasgow. From an early age he was intent on becoming a novelist, but took up a career as a journalist as a way to start earning a living by writing. He made his first serious attempt at writing a novel at the age of 19, which he sent to Collins where it was read by Philip Ziegler, who wrote him a very encouraging rejection letter. [6] At the age of 21, he won the Fraser Award and was named Scotland's Young Journalist of the Year. He went on to write for The Scotsmanand the Glasgow Evening Times. [7] At the age of 26, May's first novel, The Reporter, was published. May was asked to adapt the book as a television series for the British television network the BBC, and left journalism in 1978 to begin to write full-time for television. [7] Television career [ edit ]International Thriller Writers Magazine article about Peter May's 'Virtually Dead' ". Archived from the original on 16 July 2011 . Retrieved 10 May 2010. French Literary Prizes – Prix Ancres Noires des Lecteurs". Lesancresnoires.com . Retrieved 20 June 2010. The Enzo Files, if I’m being completely honest, is my least favourite series by Peter May. There have been some gripping moments, but I never fell for Enzo in the way I expected. There were too many things – specifically about Enzo as a character – that did not hold appeal, but I was interested in the overall storyline and wanted to see how the bet played out. For a while, this book tried to convince me my biggest fear for the series was going to play out, but it didn’t. In the end, it went for the resolution that was obvious from the start of this one.

Le Telegramme newspaper feature about Peter May winning Grand Prix". Letelegramme.fr. 25 May 2012 . Retrieved 12 May 2015. In the third thrilling instalment of the series, Enzo is running out of time in more ways than one... Enzo is coming close to winning his bet of solving all seven cases in Roger Raffin's book of unsolved murders. In Cast Iron he takes on the case of Lucie Martin whose bones were found in 2003 after she disappeared in 1989. Most people have always believed that Lucie was murdered by pimp, Régis Blanc, who apparently had a crush on her and who was arrested a couple of days after she disappeared for the murder of three prostitutes. The more Enzo digs into the case the murkier it gets.

Need Help?

Enzo talks to Lucie’s boyfriend, the ex-cop whom the families of the Bordeaux Six hired to investigate, Blanc’s wife and the women he pimped. He locates Lucie’s missing skull and makes a discovery that changes the whole complexion of the case. The more he hears, the less he is convinced that Blanc is Lucie’s killer.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment