276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Canon EOS 80D Body Only Digital SLR Camera

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

However, note that Canon did shave off some weight on the 90D – 619 vs 730 grams (body only), which is certainly welcome. Who Should Get the 80D or 90D? This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. Rather than utilising Canon’s latest DIGIC 7 image processor, the sensor teams up with the manufacturer’s older, but still powerful, DIGIC 6 image processor. This pairing allows the 80D to shoot from ISO 100-16,000 (expandable to ISO 25,600), which works out to be a 1-stop sensitivity gain over the 70D. However, it’s no faster at rattling out a continuous burst than its predecessor, at 7fps. There’s also the option to shoot at 3fps in the 80D’s silent shooting mode, and it’s possible to rattle off a burst at 5fps in live view mode.

The Canon EOS 77D does feel a bit like a range filler in some respects, using technology already available in the EOS 80D. It does however happily support both Wi-Fi and NFC technology for image transferal and review, as well as allowing the setting up of a low energy Bluetooth connection. In this case, the two cameras have exactly the same control layout. Clearly, existing 80D users will find the 90D very familiar to use overall. The EOS 77D offers the ability to shoot up to Full HD quality video clips of less than 30 minutes maximum duration alongside still images. There’s no 4K video option here then, which may be a disappointment to some. That said, we do get the advantage of Canon’s new-ish five-axis image stabilization system for shooting handheld footage and specially designed for video.Eyelevel pentamirror single lens reflex viewfinder offering 100% frame coverage; vari-angle 3-inch LCD with 1,040,000 dots resolution But beyond the most obvious feature differences, plenty of little things make the 90D a better DSLR than the 80D. Its shutter is twice as durable, rated to 200,000 shots rather than 100,000. It improves battery life by over 300 shots – 960 vs 1300. It even adds a fully electronic shutter, the first we’ve ever seen on a DSLR. Lastly, I’ll run through a few of the 80D’s mirrorless competitors briefly, although this is such a big market that it is not possible to cover everything: Inferior? It’s not canon that inferior, it’s really all of them. If I only want to shoot stills, than I’ll without any hesitation buy Nikon. D500, for example. But only stills and only through VF. LV and video AF performance – very poor. In every Nikon model. If I want mainly shoot video (and 4K), and only sometimes stills – I’ll buy Sony. But at once acquire all Sony problems – class leading ISO and DR quality –yes, but both carefully destroyed by great margin with lossy compression, than by lower bit RAWs in series. Class leading AF without proper (and cheap) means to control it. I love to shoot both stills and video. So what – I should buy both? Than this canon. I don’t really need 4k this year for sure. But this canon, as it seems, doesn’t have any class leading features at all. But, because of what I wrote, more important, that 80D doesn’t have any epic fails – thus receiving more universal do-it-all mark for me. The focusing improvements don’t end here. When shooting using the viewfinder the 80D features a newly developed autofocus module that is a big upgrade on the 70D. There are now 45 AF points compared with the 19 AF points on the 70D, and all these are the cross type. The AF system isn’t too dissimilar from the Canon EOS-1D Mark IV, and out of the 45 AF points on offer 27 remain active when using a teleconverter and lens combination with a maximum aperture of f/8. Furthermore, the centre point is sensitive down to f/2.8, and the working range of the autofocus system (-3EV-18EV) is more in line with its closest rival, the Nikon D7200.

As always, a better option is just to spend a little more. Fortunately Canon’s EOS 80D is within nearby reach for those who can stretch the purse strings just that bit further – and has proved a worthwhile upgrade from the EOS 70D. Its viewfinder provides 100% frame coverage and there is the option to shoot at a single frame per second faster than the maximum burst rate the EOS 77D can achieve, with the fact that image quality is superb with shedloads of detail thrown into the mix. Put simply, if you’re looking to upgrade from a beginner’s DSLR, choose the latter of these two and you won’t be needing to look elsewhere in six months. The 80D sits in a crowded segment on the market. I compared its image quality directly to two Canon Rebel cameras and three Nikon DSLRs, and that’s not even counting mirrorless options or cameras like the Canon 7D II and 77D. It can be a bit of a headache to remember which cameras do what at this price range, so I’ll go through some of the 80D’s main competitors below. 80D vs Nikon D7500 and D7200Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, White Fluorescent, Flash, Kelvin (2500K– 10000K in 100K steps) The camera is aimed at mid-market, semi-pro [4] and enthusiast photographers. [5] New features from 70D [ edit ]

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment