276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Corrupt: 1 (Devil's Night)

£8.165£16.33Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Overall, Bully is a touching and a compelling novel, and the author accurately showcases a theme that has affects almost everyone especially during teenage. There are so many lessons to be learned, like bullying, forgiving those who hurt most and learning how to overcome some of the life’s most tormenting moments. So, what is Corrupt about? Please know that there will be spoilers galore in this review so if you really think you want to read this book – and I implore you not to waste your time as I will provide, at the end of this review, a list of MUCH better books to read – you have been warned. However, despite all of these obstacles, the characters become closer and their relationship develops as the story progresses. This closeness is driven by their palpable chemistry and their mutual exploration of their feelings for each other.

All readers should be aware of the mature content in Penelope Douglas’ novel, Corrupt. The book contains explicit language and sexual content which some may find offensive, while the characters are depicted in a negative light and their actions are often morally questionable.No. I couldn’t run. They’d find me soon, and I wanted them to. I shouldn’t have run from them in the first place. My brother’s girlfriend grew up hanging around my house and is always at our dinner table. She looks down when I enter a room and stills when I am close. I can always feel the fear rolling off of her, and while I haven’t had her body, I know that I have her mind. That’s all I really want anyway. Overall, Corrupt is an engaging and captivating read that will leave the reader wanting more. Myriad of readers have found the story to be an inspiring and uplifting experience. Particular attention is deserved by Penelope Douglas’ novel Corrupt. It is a thrilling story that follows the lives of four young adults as they navigate the dark and twisted world of the corrupt. The plot follows Jaxon and Bethany, a forbidden couple from different worlds, as they are thrust into the world of corrupt police officers, drug dealers, and criminals. The two must choose between their morality and safety as they try to survive in a world of lies and deceit. He wasn’t looking for me, because he knew I wasn’t running. The only running I’d ever done was toward him, not away from him.

The town is full of secrets, and its citizens are wary of outsiders. This creates an atmosphere of dread and suspicion, making it difficult to know who to trust. Every corner of the town conceals a hidden danger. Finally, the book concludes with a discussion of the future of corruption and the potential for reform. In all, Penelope Douglass Corrupt Book is an engaging and informative read that provides an in-depth look at the history and effects of corruption. Mrs. Douglas is Penelope’s mother, strong and ambitious, determined to give her daughter the best life possible.Erika “Rika” Fane was born into privilege, raised in a sheltered coastal community run by its wealthy and well-connected residents, but we meet her as she is about to leave the safety of her hometown and move to a new city where she would be on her own for the very first time in her life. Desperate to run away from all that is expected of her and to finally learn what she is made of, Erika dreams of paving her own future ahead of her, but her newly found freedom is short-lived as she finds herself living one floor below the very man she’s been in love with all her young life—the brother of the man everyone expects her to marry—in a building owned by his family. “You’re a good girl on the outside, but no one knows who the hell you are on the inside, do they?” You’re not breathing, are you?” he taunted. “Oh, you’re so sweet when you’re scared. Just as sweet as I remember.”

Action is also a main feature of this book, as Jax and his friends find themselves in dangerous and thrilling situations. Those moments of good where he’d looked at me or gave into me were what I’d craved so viciously that I hadn’t seen what was in front of me.The story begins with Rika moving to Thunder Bay to start college and escape her overbearing mother. Rika has been in love with Michael Crist. Michael is the son of the town’s mayor and a former basketball star, for years. However, Michael has never reciprocated her feelings and seems to harbor resentment toward her. Now, I’ve graduated high school and moved on to college, but I haven’t stopped watching Michael. He’s bad, and the dirt I’ve seen isn’t content to stay in my head anymore.

I curled my toes into the floor, knowing what was waiting for me. They’d been patient for years and continued to be so. Corrupt” by Penelope Douglas is a dark romance novel that tells the story of Erika “Rika” Fane, a young woman who gets entangled with a group of dangerous boys known as the Horsemen. The novel is known for its dark, gritty atmosphere and intense, suspenseful plot. Michael Crist has been the object of every last one of Erika’s adolescent fantasies, but he has always treated her with disdain and indifference, knowing she was meant for his younger brother. Once the popular kid in school, and now a successful professional athlete, Michael has grown from an angry little boy whose father’s constant disapproval made him afraid to stand up for himself, into a man who pursues his dreams unapologetically, living life to the fullest and caring for no one’s opinion but his own. But for the past three years, Michael has lived with regret and anger, blaming the girl he could never have for the fate of his three closest friends. And he is now determined to make her pay for their pain and suffering by playing on the very crush she’s had on him for so long. “She didn’t know that we knew. She didn’t know that we were coming for her.”Yet despite all my objections and the things that still have me scratching my head, I enjoyed Corrupt. Whether you love the characters or hate them—and there are quite a few that fall heavily on the “dislike” side—all the players are fascinating. Penelope Douglas knows how to weave a spellbinding mystery, and this one is particularly addictive. Say what you will, Corrupt is a gripping, erotic, disturbing, all-consuming thrill ride. I pushed up, raising on shaky legs, the sharp edges of the wet leaves under my feet poking my toes as I walked toward the window of the garden shed. One night, a year before the main events of the story, Rika gets involved in a dangerous prank when she is invited to a party at Michael Crist’s house. She is unaware that the Horsemen have planned an elaborate and dangerous prank that involves breaking into a rival school’s gym and sabotaging it. The prank spirals out of control when the Horsemen encounter a homeless man living in the gym. The situation escalates, resulting in the man’s accidental death. Rika, horrified by the events, attempts to call for help, but the Horsemen prevent her from doing so. My boyfriend’s older brother is like that scary movie that you peek through your hand to watch. He’s handsome, strong, and completely terrifying. The star of his college’s basketball team and now gone pro, he’s more concerned with the dirt on his shoe than me. Fire is a warning of the consequences of taking the wrong path. Dreams and religion are symbols of hope and faith.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment