276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Ex Hex: Never mix witchcraft and vodka . . . a spellbinding TikTok-sensation rom-com!

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This was fine, it was a cute concept and I love the town and how much they love Halloween, but I didn’t feel any chemistry or connection between the romantic leads 🤷🏻‍♀️

The Ex Hex by Erin Sterling | Goodreads The Ex Hex by Erin Sterling | Goodreads

Sooooo, overall. It was a funny and cozy read. I actually felt the witchy Sabrina-Halloweentown-Hocus-Pocus vibes and I really really liked it, even more than I thought. Sowohl Vivi als auch Rhys sind Hexen, doch während Rhys mit Magie aufgewachsen ist, hat Vivis Mutter die Magie gemieden, und erst als Vivi nach dem Tod ihrer Mutter zu deren Schwester Elaine kam, lernte sie die Magie zu nutzen. Sie nutzt diese jedoch kaum und hat einen ganz normalen Job am Penhaven College angenommen, obwohl dort auch Hexen studieren. Knowledge is piling up facts; wisdom is simplifying it. Wisdom is the ability to use knowledge, understanding, experience, common sense, and insight to make sound decisions. It is the ability to use the right knowledge at the right time to make correct decisions. It is also the insight that enables us to prevent using our knowledge in situations where we shouldn’t use it. The Ex Hex is cute, cute, CUTE! I absolutely loved it. Sterling has written a surefire winner for romance fans who, like me, enjoy a little hocus pocus with their hanky-panky. As the curse starts to affect the magic of the town, resulting in murderous wind-up toys, an outraged ghost, and a surprisingly talkative cat, Vivi and Rhys must put their personal feelings aside and work together to break the curse and save not just the town, but also Rhys's life.

More in Offers

This YA debut features so many things I adore—Women Working Together, Girls In Love, Magical Hijinks, and also Centuries-Old Blood Magic (okay, so I don’t adore that last one in real life, but in fiction? Good stuff!) Hannah is a teenage witch living in modern-day Salem, and when a magical ritual goes wrong at her school’s end of the year bonfire, she has to team up with her coven and her ex-girlfriend to undo the terror they’ve unleashed. This book is honestly so much fun it should be illegal, and if you’re a fan of the mix of Supernatural Drama and Teen Angst, you need to put it on your TBR immediately. My Sister, The Serial Killer, Oyinkan Braithwait

Book Series In Order Erin Sterling - Book Series In Order

Nine years ago, Vivienne Jones nursed her broken heart like any young witch would: vodka, weepy music, bubble baths…and a curse on the horrible boyfriend. Sure, Vivi knows she shouldn’t use her magic this way, but with only an “orchard hayride” scented candle on hand, she isn’t worried it will cause him anything more than a bad hair day or two. I love when Vivi realizes that she -- not society -- gets to decide what outfit gives her authority.

Creative Play

Ich mochte Vivi und Rhys richtig gerne und habe mich in Graves Glen sehr wohlgefühlt! Die Geschichte hat mich nicht nur einmal zum Lachen gebracht und konnte mich sehr gut unterhalten, auch weil die Dynamik zwischen Rhys und Vivi einfach gepasst hat! As the curse starts to affect the magic of the town, resulting in murderous wind-up toys, an outraged ghost, and a surprisingly talkative cat, Vivi and Rhys must put their personal feelings aside and work together to break the curse and save not just the town, but also Rhys’s life. Similarly, first-born children have higher IQs than younger children. It is because of the time the elder children spend teaching younger children. My main issue with this book is that it took me a long time to really get behind the romance. The issues that the characters claim are keeping them apart could be fixed by their magic. I found it so hard to really root for them when it felt like there weren’t any real obstacles for them to overcome. It almost felt like they were making up issues and ignoring the possibilities of their magic. I think a different romance trope would have worked better for me in this instance. It ended up affecting my connection to the main characters a little too. However, I will definitely be reading the rest of the series. This was just the light Halloweeny read that I needed!

The Ex Hex: A Witchy Romantic Comedy by Erin Sterling The Ex Hex: A Witchy Romantic Comedy by Erin Sterling

For one, it was Wales, so rain literally came with the territory, Rhys understood that, but he’d driven from London that morning through sunshine with the occasional cloud. Gorgeous blue skies, rolling green hills, the kind of day that made one want to take up painting or maybe develop some kind of poetry habit.” Rhys is a real pussy pleaser. there is something about the male love interest being Welsh that made my pussy throb. he is so hot and his dynamic/chemistry with Vivienne was done flawlessly. and this man would be calling Vivienne words of endearment in his native language even before they declared there love for one another...another thing that made my pussy throb. This book gives me a strong Sabrina the Teenage Witch vibe which I'm loving so much. A good contender for a spooky season with witches, magic, humour, and a swoony beautiful romance combined with a whole lot of warm fall undertones.

For I have found one of the funniest, hottest, witchiest rom-coms I’ve ever read – Erin Sterling’s novel, The Ex Hex. Their relationship development was so cute too. There us a bit of an enemies to lovers trope as well. The Ex Hex follows exes Vivienne and Rhys. In the throes of emotional turmoil after a break up, Vivi mixes alcohol and magic, jokingly cursing her ex-boyfriend Rhys. However, when Rhys is forced to return to the town it turns out that the simple curse was much more sinister than they imagined. Can they fix things before time runs out?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment