276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hat Hut Satin Silk Bonnet for Curly Hair Sleep Cap for Women Sleeping Adjustable Double Layer Hair Bonnet with Pattern Design

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Many different yarn weights can be used for these adorable bonnets, and it's easy to adjust to different sizes of most of these patterns. Casting on less stitches, or going down yarn and needle size, can create a different size for a preemie. And it takes less than just one skein. Attach the crown to the brim with tiny overcasting stitches. ( 19th c. lady’s cap: crown attached to brim with rolled whipped gathers; 1820s baby cap with rolled whipped gathers) Line up the brim to the right side of the cap, and pin them together along the raw edges. The ends of the brim should line up with where the gathers begin and end. To begin working on the ties, insert your hook and attach your yarn with a sl st to the end of row 13 (last row of sc sts):

Row 9. (Ruffled edging). Ch3 (counts as your first tr), 1tr in same st, *3tr in next st*, repeat from * to * until 1 st remains, 2tr in last st [ 112sts]. If you don’t have pinking shears, cut out triangle notches without cutting to close to the seam, about every half inch-inch or so.You should gather the cap until it measures about 18 inches from where you started sewing to where you stopped. After gussets were done, all three layers were finished separately and then basted together. Even though I had sewn the seams with my machine, I decided to make at least the eyelets by hand. This didn’t take very long even though I had never done this before. When working in rounds: The ch2 made at the beginning of the round counts as the first dc of the round. Therefore, you should join the round by making a slip stitch into the top of the beginning ch2.

I bought my 6 mm wide plastic boning at MakeBra here. 50 cm gave me enough for the four 10 cm bones. I was left with 10 cm of boning that I used to add bones to the front side of the side seams. I used my Dremel to sand out and round the ends of the bones. For more experienced knitters, you'll also find designs and techniques that will grow and expand your knowledge. That makes these hat patterns a good way to practice those skills before using them in larger projects. Finish the unfinished edge of the frill with rolled whipped gathers. ‘Whipping is forming gathers by overcasting a rolled edge of fine material, and drawing up the thread.’ ( source) If your strips for the cap frill aren’t long enough, join them with small French seams after hemming. ( Close-up of hem with running stitches and ruffle joined with french seams (enlarge the picture))sc – single crochet: Insert hook into stitch, yarn over (yo), pull up a loop (2 loops on hook). Yo, pull through both loops on hook. 1 single crochet completed. Compared to my Victorian corset, the Regency stays were much simpler to make with much less structure. Basically, boning was needed in the front only to support the laces. The rest of the structure could be created by cording or quilting. She says: “Loved the pattern! It was very easy to follow your directions, and in no time I had an adorable bonnet for my daughter for Pioneer Day at school! Thank you so much for sharing your talents!” Round 5. Ch2, 1dc in same st, 1dc in next 3sts, *2dc in next st, 1dc in next 3 sts*, repeat from * to * for a total of 9 times, sl st to top of ch2 to join [50 sts]. yard light/medium weight cotton fabric (Some gorgeous tiny floral prints like this one or this one would be perfect)

Lengthen the stitch length on your sewing machine as high as it will go, and sew a basting stitch over the entire top curve of the bonnet cap with a 1/4th inch seam allowance. Round 3. Ch2, 1dc in same st, 1dc in next st, *2DC in next st, 1dc in next st*, repeat from * to * for a total of 9 times, sl st to top of ch2 to join [30 sts].Sl st in the 2 nd ch from hook and in every ch until you reach the bottom of your second tie, sl st into the 1st ch that you made to join. Linda sent me this shot of the bonnet she made with my pattern, I love the denim material she chose. It turned out great!

This crochet baby hat pattern is part of a set… Bella the Bunny, the Freya Frilly Romper and the Gracie Baby Bootie.bonnets: high above the forehead, there’s also the main decoration; ‘spoon bonnet’ ( early 1860s bonnet, mid 1860s bonnet); hats are now sometimes worn instead of bonnets ( 1865 fashion plate) (prior to the 1860s hats were just worn at the seaside, in the country, or by children) In Detail 1840s Insert a cotton string into the hem of the crown piece and secure it at the seam between crown and brim. When it has cooled and attached, face both brim pieces together with the right sides facing and pin them together. For the ties of the bonnet I chained 42, however feel free to adjust this number if you would like longer or shorter ties.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment