276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Disappearance of Emily Marr: From the Sunday Times bestselling author of OUR HOUSE

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But someone wants the truth of the past to stay buried, and will go to any lengths to keep it that way…even murder. I picked it up again in mid-March, and it took off with a bang, though not a literal one (no one gets shot in this book, and that's not a spoiler). The Disappearance of Emily Marr was officially my first taste at Louise Candlish's writing and I absolutely loved every second of it.

I listened to the audio version of this book and I felt in very good company as I entered the lives of Emily Marr and celebrated eye surgeon Arthur Woodhall as they embark upon an affair which does not end well. I wanted more of an ending in discovering what happened with Emmie , and I wonder if there will be a following on book. I admit, I flew through Tabby's parts, so I could get back to Emily's, who was the more interesting character for me by far. Arthur's fame causes the news of the affair to hit the headlines and Emily has no choice but to disappear from all the scandal and slander from the press.Last March, Leo Burnett welcomed agency alum Mark Elwood back as executive creative director, 22 years after he first joined as a typographer. A similar meme is run by Taking on a World of Words I am currently reading Redemption Road by Lisa Ballantyne See yesterday’s post for the synopsis and a taster from this book I have recently finished The Disappearance of Emily Marr by Louise Candlish, one of my 20 Books of 2015! I couldn't have asked for more, really, and feel so proud that readers are continuing to discover it and recommend it far and wide. An entertaining book with some really well-drawn characters from the major to the minor, recognisable, three-dimensional personalities are a must in a book where the root of the book is in their actions and Louise Candlish has proved herself extremely accomplished in creating them for our enjoyment. All our producers are trained via AdGreen in sustainable best practice which we adhere to on all our shoots.

While I did always have queries about "Emmie" and how the two timelines linked up through Tabby's narrative, I felt that this aspect of the novel was the most under-developed. Only at the end could I feel some compassion for one of the characters but by then the author had lost me. It’s one of those literary moments that turns a novel completely on it’s head and makes you rethink everything that has gone before. No-one is unscathed in this novel and Candlish paints a beautifully fraught and thought-provoking portrait of each. He’d cost Mother a shilling, but somehow his great naughtiness and cleverness kept Poll and Theo cheerful, even though it was one of the most difficult years of their lives.It was all about face-to-face meetings, which I still believe can strengthen a relationship like nothing else. Instead of kicking Tabby out of her home, as she has every right to do, Emmie decides to let the younger woman explain herself.

If you enjoy this kind of read, you’ll be rewarded with a fantastic novel and one of the most proficiently delivered twists I remember reading! From ‘real’ books you’ve purchased, a book you’ve borrowed, a book you’ve been given or an e-book they can all be shared. I really wanted to ensure that whoever I hired clearly showed the direction in which I wanted the production department to go. She's been cut off from her former life for months now and rarely having any contact with those back home suits her just fine. From the great and the well-established to the lesser known and up-and-coming, I have always strived to work with the best and most interesting people for the job.It's definitely not chick-lit, it's a wonderful mystery, but it probably is the kind that women enjoy more than men. Candlish's intention was very clear, but she perhaps wrote herself into a corner with a twist that simply couldn't be given the substance that it required or it would have dimished the twist. It came out of the blue, it turned everything on it’s head, and it took this story to a whole new level. I think you’re a great example of a producer who is not only fully integrated, but who also has a clear point of view on the creative; very agile and always wants the finished product to be the best it possibly can be. Her appointment sees her reunite with Leo Burnett’s CCO Chaka Sobhani for the first time since 2016 when they worked together at Mother.

By chance, she meets Emmie Mason, whose offer of friendship is at odds with her obsession with privacy. In 2007, Marr was appointed as a TV producer for Grey London, and in 2012 began an eight-year stint at Mother, where she was named head of TV production in 2015. Pike is looking to get to the bottom of this case but has a hard time trusting anyone—including Dody.Emily Marr is an average woman, who isn’t guilty of anything obscene and yet she is catapulted into notoriety and made a pariah of illicit virtues. It was also longlisted for the Theakston Old Peculier Crime Novel of the Year Award and the Specsavers National Book Awards. And so she enters the strange, hidden world of Emmie, whose sudden offer of friendship is at odds with her obsession with her own privacy.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment