276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ten Little Superheroes Board Book

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I live in Somerset but I’m happy to travel to most places as long as transport costs are met, plus any overnight expenses should they be necessary. Another recommendation for a gently encouraging hero story is A Superpower Like Mine, by Dr Ranj. The story promotes real ‘superpowers’ like kindness, bravery, creativity and patience. We really enjoyed this empowering and inclusive picturebook about seeing the best in others and yourself. Which superhero stories are best for children in Key Stage 1 (ages 5-7)? Teachers looking to inspire their classes with tales of real-life heroes should try Dr Ranj’s A Superhero Like You or the DK picturebook celebration of Real Superheroes. Years 1 to 6 — 45 minutes to one hour, although sessions can be extended to 90 minutes to accommodate more drawing or craft activities. Fab session on picture books at #scbwicon with hugely talented @MikeBrownlow1 and Jude Evans @Little TigerUK Thank you!”

Not all superhero fans are there for heroic stunts and fast-paced action. Some children will respond best to gently empowering stories that encourage quieter children to harness their inner superhero qualities. Max by Bob Graham is an uplifting tale about doing good things, written by an award-winning author. Max is the son of superhero parents and there is a lot of pressure on him to live up to family expectations. But Max discovers in time the true value of being a small hero doing everyday good deeds. I can also add PowerPoint talks on subjects such as how a simple doodle developed into a book and then an animated TV series, how to create your own characters, and the hidden links between drawing and writing.” We also highly recommend Kate Thompson’s empowering rhyming story Superheroes Don’t Get Scared… Or Do They? for fun hero-themed storytimes in EYFS.I would like to thank you very much for your visit during our reading week. This was our first visit from an author and illustrator, and the children were enthused and excited by your vibrant books, presentation, and activities. I just wanted to say a massive thank you for your time and effort today! The new book went down a storm!” The book sale was very popular! For the older pupils the drawing workshop and the presentation about your own inspirations certainly helped to inspire them and put it in to a real life context for them – great!

We are currently aiming to promote the love of reading, and you contributed to this hugely – thank you!” Thanks again for a fantastic workshop this week at our school Walwayne Court. The children loved it and have been drawing their own robots today - during their 'golden time' this afternoon, which shows it had a great impact! To make World Book day a really special memory for the children of Chilmark and Fonthill Bishop Primary School we decided to invite a well-known author to our school. From the start we found Mike Brownlow to be friendly, flexible and keen to create the right day for the children. We had a celebration assembly this morning with parents and they all commented on how much the children loved the day. A week on and the children are still talking, drawing and writing about the brilliant time they had! We all had a fantastic day thanks to Mike Brownlow.

About ELHQ

Thank you very much for visiting our school and giving the children such a fab day - there was a real buzz surrounding your visit and we sold lots of books too!! Our superhero booklist for EYFS features the perfect selection of books for your next primary school superhero topic. From fictional stories about relatable superheroes – like the popular favourite Super Daisy – as well as books about the most memorable superhero characters for children including Supertato and Julia Donaldson’s Superworm. I know that all the teachers and TAs were very impressed too. You certainly left a lasting impression as all the children keep talking about you and you were definitely mentioned as one of their highlights of the special week!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment