276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Daughter of the Pirate King: Addictive fantasy romance on the high seas from bestselling author and TikTok sensation Tricia Levenseller (Daughter of the Pirate King Duology, Book 1)

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

And Riden. A definite swoon worthy love interest. I loved the parts that had both Alosa and Riden together and it gave me so many warm feelings... *sighs* You wouldn’t give a second thought to a couple of men aboard your ship behaving in such a way or talking such talk. You do not get to judge us more harshly for being women. It’s not fair, and it doesn’t make sense. Not to mention I’ll throw your arse overboard if I catch you doing it again.” Daughter of the Pirate King has a rather self-explanatory title. Alosa is the daughter of Kalligan, who rules over and terrorizes the seas. But Alosa herself is a tough, no-nonsense pirate captain who can more than hold her own. When her father sends her on a mission to find part of a map that will lead to a secret isle, Alosa must fake her own capture and pretend to be a prisoner as she hunts down the map piece on board a ship led by a ruthless young captain. Daughter of the Siren Queen accompanied me on my 2019-Labor Day holiday travels. While I won't be adding it to my Favorites List, it was an entertaining weekend read. I'M KIND OF UPSET with how it ended because I wanted there to be a better resolution between Alosa and Riden, but it feels like now there's drama again and ughh. I just get really frustrated when characters sabotage their own relationship

Because we are not our fathers. We saw what evil looked like, and we knew we wanted to be different.” Of course, I couldn’t make my capture look too easy. I had a part to play. Draxen and his crew can’t suspect me. The smaller of the two meets my eyes, recognizes who I am, and makes a run for it out the main entrance, just past the stairs. Much of the first half of the book is about Alosa's search for the map without getting caught. She is placed in the brig, but she cleverly lets herself out of the prison at night to search the ship. But she is caught several times by Riden, the first mate. He is very suspicious of her, but he finds her entertaining and hot-tempered. Between him and the captain, he is more merciful, but he makes it very difficult for her to search the ship at will.I am me because I choose to be me. I am what I want. Some people say you have to find yourself. Not I. I believe we create ourselves to be what we want.” Alosa is a heroine you can't help but love. She is confident and stubborn, and her inner monologues are hilarious! While she can be cruel and vengeful, she also cares deeply, and Riden is the perfect match to her. He is torn between his loyalty to his (horrible) brother and the need to protect their red-haired prisoner, and you can't always tell which one prevails. His banters with Alosa are hilarious and their scenes toe-curling, filled with tension and heat. And swooning. The smile that makes your face hurt is a permanent effect, and you'll feel utter bliss that will stay with you even hours after you've finished this book and sacrificed cuttlefish to the Sea Gods praying to deliver the next instalment. Finally, an owl hoot comes. Then another. And another. I wait until I hear all seven of them—signaling that each crossing street and guarded rooftop has been cleared.

There weren’t many beautiful lines, but I didn’t really care, because that wouldn’t really fit into this book. I would recommend this book if you are looking for a fast-paced, entertaining and easy to read pirate story with a strong main character and a touch of banter and romance. But Alessandra’s not the only one trying to kill the king. As attempts on his life are made, she finds herself trying to keep him alive long enough for him to make her his queen—all while struggling not to lose her heart. After all, who better for a Shadow King than a cunning, villainous queen? I spit again, trying to get the taste of blood out of my mouth. “It means your men haven’t been to a whorehouse recently.” I have twenty-eight excellent girls aboard this ship, and their pasts have shaped them. Just as yours has shaped you. And every single one of them, down to little Roslyn, deserves your respect.”I put my finger to my lips, then toss a coin at the boy, who catches it without taking his eyes off me. I give him a wink before crossing the gap to the next home. The story follows Alosa's adventures as she tries to find a missing piece of a map, for her father, that is said to lead to the greatest treasure ever known to man. But there are certainly many obstacles in her way. Nothing is as simple as it seems, not even Alosa herself. There plenty of fun twists to keep to guessing, and while this book does end on a high note, there is certainly more mischief and trials to be had. And I have no doubt we will get plenty of those in the next book. From little Roslyn to Princess Alosa’s first mate - Niridia - the 90% crew is women with their strongest wills to fight any damn situations with any weapons handy! As for the romance... Let's just say that the funny/flirty banter and sexual tension between Alosa and Riden disappeared in this book. Instead, they just spent their time trying to figure out each other's feelings and not admitting how they were in love with each other and I am sad to say that it was annoying at times. I LOVE angst and drama, but the way it was developed in this book felt more like a teenage romantic drama than a complex angsty romantic drama. It should not be this difficult to stay prisoner on a pirate ship. This is the second time I’ve had to stage my own capture. Ridiculous.

My best friend : Hey! ... I wanted to ask you about how your day is but ... I thought better of it. I hated this book so much. I don't think there was a moment while reading this when I didn't feel like complaining about something. I really wanted to like it since the premise sounded so interesting and it also had one of my all-time favourite troupes, but in the end, this was a big letdown for me. Vordan.” He’s just as I remember. A man with unremarkable looks: brown hair and eyes, an average build, average height. Nothing to make him stand out in a crowd, which is how he likes it. I slide down the street, keeping close to the roughly constructed townhome on my right. The city is asleep at this hour. I haven’t spotted a soul moving about, save Vordan’s men on watch. Vordan is going to experiment on her to learn about sirens. He wants her to demonstrate her abilities on Riden. When she doesn’t cooperate, he’s cut or stabbed. It happens multiple times. Vordan learns about her power of song, her power to read emotions, and her power as a seductress. Vordan takes notes as she works through each phase so he can learn as much as possible about sirens before he gets to the island with the treasure which they guard.

Nonetheless, I really enjoyed this, and it was a very amusing chapter. Too bad this is the only chapter we have from Riden's POV. I hereby request the author to release a full version, PLEASE. Riden literally CARRIES this series, I want moreee. Me : yeah, wait till you hear what I think and you probably want to stay away from this book. *snorts* You have all heard the stories of Jeskor the Headbreaker,” the young pirate captain continues. “I am his son, Draxen. And you will find that my reputation will grow to be far worse.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment