276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Prince of Song & Sea

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The story was absolutely wonderful! A beautiful tale of curses (yes, Eric is ALSO cursed in this book!), adventure (ghost ships!), and romance- Ariel and Eric try and learn their own sign language together, how cute is that?! In Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers, a bootleg version of Prince Eric appears with other bootleg versions of The Little Mermaid characters for a bootleg movie Sweet Pete had in mind "The Small Fish Lady". In this bootleg version, Eric is a bit of overweight and has a beard. What I loved most though, was seeing even more of Eric’s kind and compassionate nature shine through. He was my favorite Disney prince because of how kind he was to Ariel, even though she couldn’t talk. As demonstrated in the first film, Eric is initially shy around girls, as seen in the love song " Kiss the Girl", where, although he did not know at the time that she had rescued him from drowning, he wanted to kiss Ariel, but was initially too shy to do so, however, he eventually overcame this shyness and would have kissed her, if it had not been for Flotsam and Jetsam tipping over the boat they were in. By the climax of the film, Eric's shy nature, regarding girls has completely disappeared. This is evidenced by the fact that, after Ariel is permanently transformed into a human by her father, Triton, he not only lovingly embraces the woman he loves very much, but they also share their first kiss.

Original Worlds: Destiny Islands • Traverse Town • Radiant Garden/Hollow Bastion • Disney Castle/Disney Town/Timeless River • Dive to the Heart • End of the World • Realm of Darkness • Twilight Town/ Mysterious Tower • The World That Never Was • Castle That Never Was • Land of Departure/Castle Oblivion • Keyblade Graveyard • Daybreak Town/Scala ad Caelum Eric was cursed while still in his mother’s womb to die if he should ever kiss or be kissed by anyone that isn’t his true love. Now weeks away from his 18th birthday and coronation, he must either find a bride to secure ties and save his struggling kingdom or find and kill the witch who cast the curse. I found this retelling to be really charming. Linsey Miller was able to add a lot of character and story beats to Eric’s arc while remaining true to Ariel’s story as told in the movie. His grief for his dead parents, his friendship with those he has left, and his desperate search for a way to break his curse all make for a likable and relatable hero anyone can root for. Even his undeniably brief romance with Ariel work within the context of how he has been forced to love due to his curse.

Need Help?

Finding Nemo: Nemo • Dory • Marlin • Crush • Bruce • Destiny • Bailey • Hank • Squirt • Nigel • Gill • Sheldon • Pearl • Darla • Charlie • Jenny He then rescues Ariel and defeats Ursula with the help of Sora, Donald, and Goofy. Upon her defeat, Ariel reveals to Eric about her true identity, but he admits that it does not change how he feels. The romantic scene makes King Triton finally change his mind and let his daughter be with a human prince. Toy Story: Woody • Buzz Lightyear • Alien • Jessie • Bullseye • Bo Peep • Forky • Rex • Duke Caboom • Hamm • Mrs. Nesbit • Zurg • Lotso • Platinum Woody • Bunny • Stinky Pete • Fluorite Buzz Give a Little Whistle" • " Heigh-Ho" • " With a Smile and a Song" • " Beauty and the Beast" • " Part of Your World" • " Fathoms Below" • " Cruella De Vil • " Some Day My Prince Will Come" • " The Unbirthday Song" We learn about Eric's friends, his mother's disappearance, and the issues that plague the surrounding kingdoms.

Season Five: Merida • Queen Eleanor • King Fergus • Harris, Hubert, and Hamish • The Witch • Lord MacGuffin • Lord Macintosh • Lord Dingwall • King Arthur • Sir Kay • Guinevere • Gorgon The Invincible • Charon • Brennan Jones • Hades • Megara • Hercules • Cerberus • The Scarecrow • Toto • Cleo Fox • Auntie Em • Dr. Jekyll • Mr. Hyde • Evil Queen Eric’s depiction I really liked most of the time though in some cases I didn’t feel as if he was the same guy from the movie which left me feeling disconnected from him. Ariel was the same even though the scenes with her and Eric together are some of my favorite parts and the ones the most well written. The rest of the characters were very generic and I don’t have any opinion on them aside that they were there. There are also several gay and non binary characters who I just felt were thrown in just because. Prince of Song and Sea is the first of a series of YA retellings told from the perspective of the Disney Princes. This one is, of course, about Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid. I have never read any of these Disney retellings as I always thought I was outside the target demographic. But because The Little Mermaid was my favorite Disney movie from childhood, I just had to get this. Sexual: a mention of gay mermaids; non binary characters; two gay girls like each other and end up getting married; kissing (not detailed) In addition, the relationship between Ariel and Eric is as pure as their souls. Despite Eric's determination to stay away from people for fear of the curse, he can't seem to stay away from her. He feels a connection to her that he hasn't allowed himself to feel with anyone else before. Ariel breaks through his walls with ease, and no matter how hard he tries he can't walk away from her. This is especially true because while mesmerised by Ursula, Eric's subconscious fights to remember Ariel and his deep feelings for her. As for Ariel, her love for Eric is so intense and unconditional (as we already know), that she doesn't hesitate to sacrifice her happiness and soul if it means Eric is happy. The two of them together make a beautiful couple (duuuh) and I love that the author took the opportunity to add to their ending by allowing them to develop their relationship for several years before having them marry since there isn't any direct indication in the movie that they marry right away.So the problem I ran into with this book isn't the story itself. If I had never seen Little Mermaid or only had a middling opinion of it, this would probably be a 5-star read for me, definitely a full 4 stars. Sleeping Beauty: Aurora • Phillip • Maleficent • Flora • Fauna • Merryweather • Diablo • Samson • King Stefan • Goon • Owl • Rabbit To be able to be with him, Ariel signed a contract with Ursula that allows her to become human for three days in exchange for her voice, and unless she makes the prince kiss her before sundown of the third day, she will belong to her forever. Where I struggled / had a time moving past was when the story caught up to the film: Ariel washes up on shore after she makes her deal with Ursula in the afternoon of Day #1 (*ish -- could be morning, point is, we don't see her have a full day with Eric, because they share dinner together and then go to bed.) So that leaves half of Day #1, all day Day #2, and that's it, because Ursula-as-Vanessa enchants him overnight before Day #3. That's A LOT of plot to cram into a day and a half.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment