276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Happiness Is an Inside Job

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Jenni Russell (from the Sunday Times) is quoted as saying that ‘few books change one’s life; in 48 hours this has improved mine.’ Once you truly understand how to let go of your comparison mindset, you will see the world from an entirely different perspective.

Another favorite: “Happiness is a choice” by Barry Neil Kaufman — reminds me that in any and all situations, I can choose happiness — always.This book ties in up-to-the-minute science along with classical philosophy and real-world applicability. Rubin’s book has been described as a compelling, completely related tale of transformation. About 8 years ago, my inner guidance asked me to write a book. Putting my thoughts and ideas out into the world brought up so much self-doubt — that I was almost frozen in fear. But I couldn’t say no because the Yes cells in my body was screaming “YES, do it!”

In your experience, what can a) individuals and b) society, do to help people better understand themselves and accept themselves? Positive Psychology suggests that the proposition that we will feel happy if, and when, we become successful is not true. In fact, as Achor explains in ‘ The Happiness Advantage’, happiness actually drives performance and success. So many don’t really know how to be alone, or are afraid of it. How important is it for us to have, and practice, that capacity to truly be with ourselves and be alone (literally or metaphorically)?And fear keeps many people in mediocre relationships — especially fear of the unknown. Many folks believe, “the devil you know is better than the devil you don’t know.” If you end your relationship, how do you know that your next relationship won’t be even worse? Because happiness is an inside job; worldly success is an inside job; and peace of mind is an inside job. Love is an inside job, too. At the end of the day, we all live inside our own heads, in our own bodies, in our own hearts. If we’re not happy within ourselves, life can be pretty miserable. The more you desperately want to be like someone else, the more unworthy you feel. The more you desperately want to be happier, the lonelier you become, despite the awesome people surrounding you. Viktor Frankl, author of the best-selling book, Man’s Search for Meaningsays two of the most important values in life are the experiential, or that which happens to us and the attitudinal, or our response in difficult situation. Peter nodded and smiled as he said, “Just remember … dogs respond best to training with love — just like people.” Then he said good-bye and went on his way. But his words have echoed in with me ever since.

Haidt exposes somewhat provocative ideas such as that virtue in and of itself is not actually rewarding, that extroverts are indeed happier than their introverted counterparts, and that conscious thought is nowhere near as important as we may believe. Today’s world has heads spinning, and you’re likely feeling stressed, burned out, and disconnected from yourself. What are 5 strategies that you implement to maintain your connection with and love for yourself, that our readers might learn from? Could you please give a story or example for each?When you stop and think about it, this makes sense! I am sure that if we reflect on a time when we felt happy, we will notice that when we are more positive, we are also more engaged, more creative, more able to cope with stress, and more productive. Especially if you have been chasing after your next achievement to make you happy. Really, where’s the excitement and fulfillment in that? My own experience is that I keep learning this lesson, over and over again. My wisdom is definitely not unshakable. Here is an example, from all too recent an experience. I became distracted, and . . . Well, here is the story, which speaks for itself.

Secondly, it will give you a sense of power to do some good in the world. This feeling will expand into many areas of your life, including your control over your perceptions and emotions. This book describes how by using their ‘signature strengths’, a person can create a buffering effect against ill fate and negative emotions. However, as well, using one’s signature strengths enables individuals to also make the world around them a better place.Happiness for Dummies’ also provides lists of 10 tips of how to raise a happy child, a discussion of common barriers to happiness, and a guide as to which personal habits help to develop happiness.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment