276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Prime Climb

£17.495£34.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As we’ve mentioned, if a player lands on a red space (representing a prime number), they can draw a Prime Card. STEP NINETEEN: Player One ROLLS a 4 and 5. Player One adds the 4 to the 97 spot and MOVES to 101! That pawn is done and can be removed from the board! Player One is halfway to winning! It’s possible to solve the last problem with the additional stipulation that three of your four rolls sum to the same number. Can you find out how? Similarly, some cards are Keeper cards, which allow users to hold on to a certain action that they can deploy when it most benefits them.

Last month, with the lunes and balloons spherical geometry problem, this meant drawing the problem on a balloon. My groupmates were easily solving the first few problems while I was still trying to wrap my mind around what we were doing. However, as the problems became harder, they started using my physical representation to solve the problems. But would it hold up to the scrutiny of a maths lesson? The ten primary students of my weekly maths club are willing and eager guinea pigs . The students vary in age, current ability and confidence. All have mathematical potential ready to be developed. Some have encountered primes, others have barely grasped the fundamentals of multiplication. My task, as their maths coach, is to prepare activities that engage them as a collective, while also hitting their individual sweet spot of challenge — the so-called ‘low floor/high ceiling’ criteria of task design.

Add Spin: PRIME CLIMB 2 to Your Calendar

Prime Climb’s mechanics and color coded materials are based on math operations and prime factors and playing the game can help students practice key skills and help them more easily visualize the effects of the math they come up with. Visually stunning and well designed Its analog approach, however, doesn’t require an internet connection or electronic device, which can be a big plus for families looking to reduce screen time, and it retains its appeal as a casual strategy game even when students have already developed skill fluency in its underlying topics. Encourages Strategic Thinking NOTE: Even though Player One was on TWO red spots, he only got to DRAW one card. Only one card can be drawn per turn. With each roll of the dice, students need to either multiply, divide, add or subtract numbers to get to where they want to go and, ultimately, win the game.

STEP SEVENTEEN: Because Player One landed on an all-red spot, he gets to DRAW a card. It’s another KEEPER card to use on a future turn. Example. Say you have a pawn on 14, and you roll a 3 and a 9. You could, if you chose, subtract 3 from 14 to land on 11, then multiply 11 by 9 to move to 99. Note that each die is applied one at a time. You cannot multiply 3 times 9 and use 27 for your move.

Whether players are racing as fast as they can to 101, bumping each other to the start or sneakily deploying cards, Prime Climb is simply a fun board game to play and its mechanics and gameplay should keep kids and adults interested for quite some time. Good way to practice and visualize math In terms of look and feel they are similar when placed face down, which adds a bit of suspense to each card draw. Multiplication Table You may draw only one card per turn, even if both your pawns end on red spaces. No card trading is allowed!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment