276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Never Finished: Unshackle Your Mind and Win the War Within

£9.82£19.64Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This is not my goal, nor most people's goals. I question anyone who is this obsessed with badassery at the expense of everything else in life. Mental toughness and resilience fade if they aren’t used consistently. I say it all the time: you are either getting better, or you’re getting worse. You’re not staying the same.”

The rewards I seek are internal, and if you have that mindset, you will find opportunities for growth everywhere” (Pg. 171) Exercise and running in particular is an under-utilised tool for steel plating your mind. I'm a marathon runner myself and until you cover that distance you will never understand the kind of mental beast you need to become to do that. There's pulled muscles, sore joints, a burning chest and an overwhelming desire to quit but you just keep going until you finish the mission. That experience evolves you into a mental savage that can overcome anything in life. Get in your mind and transform your thinking. Create an alter ego if you need to, then play the part. Every time you look in the mirror you should see that lion that you wish to become. If required, allow your insecurities to push you and drive you to be better. They’re an energy source that you should tap into to conquer your demons.Listen to the audiobook as it contains exclusive interviews with David Goggins at the end of each chapter. Dear David, you speak truth to many things: resilience, self-doubt, and fulfilling one’s potential. Yours is the grit of, as you term it, “a savage”, and I deeply admire and respect you for it. Cultivating a willingness to succeed despite any and all circumstances is the most important variable of the reengagement equation. Your willingness to succeed builds self-esteem.

Using pity for solace is not a good tactic. People who take comfort in other people pitying them are relying on external sources for comfort and reassurance. It's ultimately weakness.Wow. This man is the living, breathing, running—embodiment of self motivation. I honestly didn’t think anything could follow up ‘Can’t Hurt Me’, and I was pleasantly surprised to be proven wrong.

Whatever your circumstances, whatever cards you were dealt know that it’s not your fault but it’s your responsibility. Complaining won't change anything, so accept your situation and get moving to improve it.This is not a self-help book"....except that's exactly what it's billed as and how people read it and HE KNEW THAT. It's also a bit of a pity party disguised as self-help. I mean...err..."a wake up call". Overall, a book I highly recommend if you want to read an inspirational story about a man who has faced many difficulties in life and has come out of it with determination and grit to tell his story. You’ll no doubt be motivated and inspired by David’s story and you’ll definitely have a spring in your step going forwards. David Goggins, you’ve done it again. Bravo.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment