276°
Posted 20 hours ago

To Kill a Kingdom: TikTok made me buy it! The dark and romantic YA fantasy for fans of Leigh Bardugo and Sarah J Maas

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I hated this book!!! It’s been so long since I’ve read garbage YA fantasy that I almost forgot why I don’t read YA fantasy like ever!!! Contemporaries can be worse than fantasy could ever be but they are never so horrible to read. Princess Lira is siren royalty and the most lethal of them all. With the hearts of seventeen princes in her collection, she is revered across the sea. Until a twist of fate forces her to kill one of her own. To punish her daughter, the Sea Queen transforms Lira into the one thing they loathe most--a human. Robbed of her song, Lira has until the winter solstice to deliver Prince Elian’s heart to the Sea Queen and or remain a human forever.

To them, the sea is never the true danger. Even crawling with sirens and sharks and beasts that can devour them whole in seconds. The true danger is people. They are the unpredictable. The betrayers and the liars.” Kahlia breaks into a wild smile. “It’s been an age since your last kill, Lira,” she teases. “Are you sure you’re not out of practice?” Lira is a siren known as the 'Prince's Bane' - and she's infamous for killing princes. Yep, that's what she does. She rips out their hearts. Not to mention, she's the daughter of the mighty Sea Queen who is pretty much terrible all around. She's Ursula if Ursula was chewed up and spit out by the devil himself (but still manages to be attractive). Basically she's the reason Lira is the way she is - and her story is actually quite sad. People don’t tell secrets because someone needs to know them. They do it because they need someone to tell.” It was dark at the beginning, then turned into mush. By the way our main characters were introduced, I was expecting some straight-up nastiness and bravado. False advertisement that was because that’s not the tone the story carried on with (but I didn’t mind this too much since there was some introspection our characters were going through).I am guessing you're a Ronan fan though (gut feeling?) so it shouldn't be that big of a problem :DDD" Abusive Parents: The Siren Queen treats her daughter Lira awfully. She instills hatred and prejudice into her and abuses her hoping to mold her into a sociopath like herself. And Elian is just...boring. The siren song of the YA male love interest. A real poor little rich boy type situation. SO SORRY YOU MIGHT HAVE TO RULE OVER AN ISLAND MADE OF GOLD, ASSHOLE. WE WEEP FOR YOUR SUFFERING, WE REALLY DO. Princess Lira is siren royalty and the most lethal of them all. With the hearts of seventeen princes in her collection, she is revered across the sea. Until a twist of fate forces her to kill one of her own. To punish her daughter, the Sea Queen transforms Lira into the one thing they loathe most—a human. Robbed of her song, Lira has until the winter solstice to deliver Prince Elian’s heart to the Sea Queen and or remain a human forever.

THEY WERE DOING SO WELL AND THEN YA HAD TO GO OFF AND MAKE IT A SHIT ROMANCE SLKWQDKSBVDSKLAVA, NO. Brought Down to Normal: Lira's mother turns her into a human and steals her siren song as punishment for disobeying her. Elián es el príncipe heredero de Midas y capitán del barco cazador de sirenas, el Saad. Se encuentra por primera vez con Lira cuando la ve en el mar después de que la Reina del Mar tomó su poder. El tiene diecinueve años. A year has passed since the dictator Sea Queen has passed and Lira took over her kingdom and brought peace. Unfortunately peace does not come overnight and as some sirens refuse to stop their old deadly traditions some of them begin to disappear causing discourse between the kingdoms. And after finding a small child who's mom went missing Elian and Lira must sail the seas once more to save the world while also dealing with the most challenging endeavor of all, parenthood. Language: English Words: 1,477 Chapters: 1/40 Comments: 3 Kudos: 19 Bookmarks: 3 Hits: 204 Plus this wasn’t violence-y anyway. It was just “““character development.””” Elian spends half the book crying about how it’s so mean of him to kill sirens (they’re only killing his people for no reason, guys!) and Lira spends half the book thinking about how it’s too mean of her to kill someone as sexy great as Elian even though she should be planning that grand revenge plot on her mom she swears is happening and will def involve murder for sure.

See a Problem?

They were fascinated with each other and it showed throughout the entire book. Also can we take a second to appreciate how self-aware they were? Both of them knew exactly what they were capable of and where they would draw the line and even though they questioned themselves and their own decisions they always knew who they were. And the banter!!! Did I already mention the delicious sarcasm and banter? *lol*

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment