276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Cuts Both Ways

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Cuts Both Ways is a riveting mixture of contemporary, romance and mystery that completely captures your mind.

Cuts Both Ways | Candice Brathwaite | 9781786541833 | NetGalley Cuts Both Ways | Candice Brathwaite | 9781786541833 | NetGalley

I loved both characters I just wish there was more of a plot, as this book heavily just felt like a short period of Cynthia's life in which she was trying to come to terms with her brothers death, and if anything the book actually left more questions than answers, so the ending really did bother me. It is the story about Cynthia. She is starting a new school and leaving her old life in London behind. The murder of her older brother has had her family moving away from the living memory of the crime but Cynthia struggles when it comes to her new way of life. I was not expecting the beautiful depiction of grief at the centre of this story. This is a story about loss, longing and reconciling the person you thought you knew with the reality. Brathwaite has created this really touching and authentic depiction of grief. It is an all-consuming cloud at times, but it also sometimes melts away for a moment. Cynthia is emotionally vulnerable and open in a way that makes it impossible for you to not fall in love with her. Her process of grief is so detailed and realistic, striking a chord with me. Love is never easy, is it? Especially not when your love interests are adopted brothers from different cultures, each of whom you relate to on a different level, each of whom seems to be lying to you about different things, neither of whom you can really trust...However I applaud the author for such an important subject matter, and for exploring all the different ways people can grieve and how a lost loved one can affect a family unit, I just felt like there was so much more space for more. If you’ve ever heard Candice Brathwaite speak, either on IG Lives, podcasts or in person, you know that 2 minutes does not pass without her dropping gems 💎 there are gems all over in this book as well. Candice Brathwaite is normally a non-fiction writer and I've read one of her other books so was intrigued to see what this one was about. It's definitely YA which I wasn't expecting! I really enjoyed this read, it was engaging and had me hooked right from the start. The writing style is perfect for a YA read but also perfect for adults that love reading YA like me.

Cuts Both Ways by Candice Brathwaite - LoveReading4Kids

The story's twists were predictable far ahead. It contained repeated phrases such as 'it was like she was reading my mind'. Physical perfection was rated very highly. Morality loomed high. Anyways…..I feel like my thoughts are legit all over the place. All in all, I LOVED this book. I rate it HIGHLY and I would recommend this book to ANYONE and EVERYONE. For me personally, it's a 3* - 3.5*, but if I'd had this as a teen, it would have been a 4 0r 5 stars, so it's hard to do a simple star rating. I feel like there are still questions to be answered so would love to see a sequel but I also appreciate and respect the idea that not every story has a happy ending and sometimes we are left without annswers. I would love to see a HEA though 🌚Buy from our bookstore and 25% of the cover price will be given to a school of your choice to buy more books. *15% of eBooks. Home > Lots of other themes are explored, violence, murder, trauma etc but all really important and all necessary to be written about even if it's through a fictitious story. It could quite easily have been facts. We are experiencing delays with deliveries to many countries, but in most cases local services have now resumed. For more details, please consult the latest information provided by Royal Mail's International Incident Bulletin. Armistice Day: A Collection of Remembrance - Spark Interest and Educate Children about Historical Moments

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment