276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Nightfall (Devil's Night Book 4)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I get that circumstance and time can change a person, but they didn't even seem like the same characters anymore. Will completely lost his enigma and Emory... I don't even know where to start. She was all over the place. She wanted Will... but then she didn't. She loved him.. but then she didn't. She was jealous.. but then she wasn't. She was mean... but then she was sorry. It was all too much to process. I fell in love with this series, when I read the first book, but I fell in love with Penelope Douglas' writing long before that. Fall Away is one of my favorite series, which I read over and over again. I should NEVER keep expectations for an upcoming book. And this is all on me. It's just how the characters reacted or behaved during certain scenes pissed me off. I am so confused right now with this book. There were parts I liked and parts I HATED. This series is dark, difficult and it tests and pushes a lot of boundaries. It's like those shows on Netflix that you never think you'd ever watch, until you do and there's just something enthralling about them that manages to sort things out in your head and put some puzzles pieces together. It takes grey characters, holds them up to the world, sheds light on all their darkness but also their pain and their goodness. Everyone is the hero of their stories, but perhaps a villain in someone else's. Now I’m partly scandalized, somewhat intrigued, and slightly uncomfy. But mostly I’m this emoji . . . 😳

I don’t know what you guys think about them all getting married together but I personally hated it. So that’s that.

Emory Scott hated me, but she hated nearly everyone. So, she was making me work for it. So what? I’d be disappointed if she didn’t. She didn’t respect Michael, Kai, or Damon, either. It shouldn’t hurt. Corrupt (Devil's Night #1) ♕ Hideaway (Devil's Night #2) ♕ Kill Switch (Devil's Night #3) ♕ Nightfall (Devil's Night #4)

Nothing against threesomes and orgies. If that you're thing, cool. I just don't understand, WHY Penelope Douglas puts them in this series. All these guys are portrayed as super "possessive" but have no problem sharing their girls with their friends or let other people watch them as they come? That makes zero sense to me. All these orgy scenes do not serve any purpose for the story and happen randomly. Take the character Alex, she's only put into the story to engage in all these orgy scenes and for what. Sometimes I even had the feeling that Penelope Douglas put much more thoughts into the orgy scenes than in the Will & Emmy sex scenes when they are alone. The ending that we were all seeking and did not expect coming between two lost lovers that bring the best of each other... And NO, If Pen will write a spin-off I won't read Athos's book because she will be a mini Rika and I can't stand her anymore. After the middle of the book, it didn't feel like their story - because somehow, the secondary characters cast a shadow over the main ones. ❤ I could still see her—sitting on her bike outside the chain-link fence surrounding the school parking lot as she watched my friends and me on our skateboards that summer.before i get into my rant because i will do that again, i just want to say that i LOVED the past chapters. reading about Emory and what she went through? i was crying. i was so emotional and i don't even know why. i just know that i wanted to hug her. like- she was just so alone and ughh that hit me. that hit real hard. and the passion? romance? longing? a s t r o n o m i c a l. it was so good. Stood next to me,” I gritted out. “Fit in with my friends. She’s smart, clever, resourceful, and she took the shitty hand life dealt her and still knows how to love people, unlike you.” However. However. Given how Nightfall is the last of the series and the fulcrum of literally everything that comes together, the plot of this book is the most heaviest part of it as the second half of the book starts up. When a plot is this prominent, there is no way that you can look away from the screen. Pen manages to collect all the threads from book one, two and three and weaves them beautifully into a beautiful braid that makes the book just blow you apart at certain points. I loved seeing the whole series coming together, Will coming into his own (gosh, the goosebumps) and the twists and turns. If Will or Martin had given me freedom, I would’ve wanted them more. That was all he had to do. He just had to let me come to him. Like the Homecoming dance.”

So, when the release date for Nightfall was announced, there was an uproar in all of our hearts and countdowns and theories and excitement and anticipation that spread through all of our conversations through the fifty odd days of wait. All the times he was alone with her, inside of her, coming and forgetting about you,” he told Emmy. “You can see it, right?” disgusting. there are so many more shit like this, for what reason pls????

The book was engaging, which wasn't really a surprise. It took a lot of strength to put it down and go about my day. I kept thinking about it when I wasn't reading it. Penelope Douglas can build tension like no one else can. She can get my heart beating fast in minutes.

But the older she got, the angrier she got, and the more desperate I got in trying to forget her, and I just needed this to be over.

You freaking run, right? But according to the author, you first have a conversation with the unknown guy, make sure to remind the readers how predatory he is and then get all the information and run. But when you run they guys will chase u. But compare them to wolves because human males aren't alpha enough. My feelings and expectations were crushed by it. I'm so disappointed and sad that I want to cry of frustration. There seem to be some readers who have jumped to conclusions about something Pen said online. ***SLIGHT SPOILER AHEAD. For clarification, there is no orgy scene between one woman and a bunch of prisoners. There is a group scene, not group sex, and while it definitely pushed me out of my comfort zone as a reader, the scene is between a few of the couples in the series and completely consensual.*** Out of all of the characters in this series, Will has always been the most mysterious. I never felt like I truly knew who he was at his core. To be honest, he never stood out next to the other men in the series prior to this book for me. It's one of the reasons I was so excited to finally get his story. I wanted to find out who Will was inside and out, and the author delivered. I loved that in the end, he had such an important role in the resolution of the series. He was working behind the scenes all along, and his hardwork paid off in this installment.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment