276°
Posted 20 hours ago

getDigital Binary Wrist Watch for Professionals with LED Lights - A Black Digital Clock that Depicts the Time as Binary Code

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Have you ever heard of binary watches? Images reminiscent of sci-fi films may come to mind upon hearing that term. Or perhaps instead you may think they are watches designed specifically for computer geeks. The latter may be closer to the truth. These types of watches do represent a more obscure, niche market within the watch industry. If you are a tech enthusiasts, or work in the computer industry or related fields, a binary watch may appeal to you. It is a way to openly display your enthusiasm for the field. Well, look no further! Here's the perfect, geeky, and totally original, solution: The Binary Wrist Watch. It's attractively shaped, neat, whilst proudly showing off your geeky identity in a subtle yet distinctive way.

Now we know we don't have to explain the binary principle to a real geek, but for everyone else, here's a short explanation about how the Binary Wrist Watch works: So, the most important change is that, now you can set up the time, date and year from the button. About temperature - the watch shows the temperature from -40 to +85 and if the temperature is in minus range, shows sign minus on first LED. If temperature goes beyond the limit, all LED's are off. Reading the time in BCD is pretty easy once you get used to it. The row at the bottom of the watch represents the least significant bit (1) and the row at the top is the most significant bit (8). Each column represents a digit in the hh:mm time format. If an LED is ON, you count that value. If an LED is OFF, you ignore it. Multiplexing is a way of interfacing multiple inputs and outputs (IO) with fewer actual IOs. The configuration used in this watch is a 4x4 LED matrix with three unnecessary LEDs removing. This could control up to 16 single LEDs using only eight outputs on the microcontroller. I simply removed the three LEDs that were not needed for showing the time and date from the matrix.Although not having worn the watch in the presence of normal humans, I can already guarantee that now everyone will be able to easily identify me as a nerd. This binary watch definitely stands out in terms of aesthetics. The luxury looks plus the unique binary display make this watch a sight to behold! I first learnt binary as a kid at school and on a few (admittedly rare) occasions it has been useful to know it for my day job (since I work in IT). However these days, it is primarily just something I use to read my binary wrist watch. I began the code by including all of the necessary libraries. This includes the library for communicating with the RTC and for driving the LEDs. After that, I created separate functions for each of the modes. When the user switches modes by pressing a button, the program calls on the function corresponding to that mode. If the user does not press a button within a specified amount of time, the watch goes to sleep.

Binary watches come in designs that look professional for those who wear suits to work. Some forms of this watch can now be considered luxury binary watches. A dainty binary watch can be chosen if you need to match your watch to your dress suit. For a sporty day at the park, you might choose to wear a water-resistant binary watch with a rubber wristband. If you want a watch that looks a little more expensive, you can choose a band that is stainless steel. This wristband looks like a more traditional wristwatch with a metal chain-link look.When an LED is activated in a particular row and column you should count this value. When the LED is off just ignore the value. To read the first digit simply sum all the activated LEDs corresponding values, and keep this digit in mind while reading the next one. Take a look at the picture. Are you able to tell the time?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment