276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Inside the Mind of Jeffrey Dahmer: The Cannibal Killer

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

One of the huge annoyances of this particular book is the author's habit of going off on tangents. Whilst I am aware of him mentioning this habit himself, it didn't make it any less annoying. I can completely understand drawing comparisons between Dahmer and other serial killers, but some of it was entirely irrelevant. The first chapter of the book had very little information on Dahmer or anything really relating to him except for the number of muscles a body has, litres of blood etc. I am a homosexual who also grew up in *much* less tolerant times (having been born one year after JD). As if that wasn't bad enough, Lionel waited until Jeffrey had been incarcerated for 15 murders (2 not accounted for in charges) before he admitted that he had also had disturbing and destructive behaviour related thoughts throughout his life! It begs belief! Furthermore, Jeff had started to consume alcohol and by 14 he was an alcoholic. The school, obviously concerned about Jeff turning up drunk and failing classes, informed Lionel. Most parents I know would have been absolutely livid, but Lionel just decided to have 'a talk' with Jeff, which as a typical teen, he ignored. At this time Lionel claimed that Jeff was already 'too addicted' so it didn't work. I feel that this was a lie to try and cover for the fact that Lionel didn't actually try to help Jeff. If one or both parents have a predilection for violence, then the child is more likely to grow up to become violent themself, especially when they grown up in a unstable/unhappy home environment, so the child spends all their time alone or with their siblings to avoid violence, conflict.

Inside the Mind of Jeffrey Dahmer: Serial Killer’s Chilling Inside the Mind of Jeffrey Dahmer: Serial Killer’s Chilling

He liked the whole process of, stalking, prowling for his potential victims, drugging, incapacitating them, so they have no control, they can't resist, run away or ever leave. Jeffrey Dahmer is one of the serial killers that I didn’t know too much about and this book was definitely a revelation. It takes you through from Dahmer being born right up to his death and a lot of the in between. His brother David has never publicly talked about his brother Jeffrey Dahmer, he doesn't want to be associated with him and the horrific, disgusting, disturbing crimes he committed.

To the owner of this blog. I am fascinated by the brain. My father is both a psychiatrist and a neurologist and his work always fascinated me. Pay attention to the red flags, the things people don't say, if their intentions seem questionable, or unknown, if they have a violent, unpredictable anger, a darkside that you don't like, if you don't feel comfortable around them, then trust your intuition, and avoid them or cut them out of your life, because you never know they could literally be a serial killer. the grammatical errors are so frequent it's quite embarrassing. Entire words missed out where one should obviously be, for example "...in a determined effort try to turn the youth into a...", he has clearly missed the word "to" between "effort" and "try" This section of the book, or in any film or series about Jeffrey Dahmer always infuriates me, it's really pisses me off, I can't even imagine what the family members of the victims felt/still feel now about this now. He had difficulty in relating to other people, he attempted to make friends but he was always considered to be weird, a freak, someone that was a outcast, a loner, that was ridiculed for being weird or different.

Mind Of Jeffrey Dahmer Criminal Psychologist Explains The Twisted Mind Of Jeffrey Dahmer

His was predatory towards anyone underage or vulnerable, his crimes were sexually motivated sado-sexual crimes. A lot of that has roots in the 1980s when FBI profilers started linking serial murder with sexual sadism," Golub says. "Ever since, we've assumed there's a connection between serial killers and transgressive sexuality."Why would grandmas take a liking to Dahmer- because he’s clean and tidy. Detailing how many pints of blood Dahmer must’ve spilt isn’t something to waste ink on unless it has something to bring to this crime story. Both his parents didn't really have time for him, ignored him most of the time, didn't make a effort as a parent to engage with Jeffrey, ask him how he was, how school was going, simple things like that. A lot of people read true crime to learn what red flags to pay attention to in a the behaviour of men or women. Always trust your intuition, instincts. Netflix series “Dahmer — Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story,” is just the latest in a libidinous true crime canon that emphasizes spectacle and gore, while undermining or even diminishing the lived experiences of Dahmer’s victims.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment