276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dragon Rampant: Fantasy Wargaming Rules (Osprey Wargames)

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I push my Light Cavalry units to meet his Cavalry and try to bring up my infantry units as much as I can. I am still being overly optimistic at this time, but Elite Riders are much better than Light Cavalry in a direct confrontation. For me that is not a problem as I love the Lion Rampant rule enginge and way fix something that are not really broken.

What I have managed to do is a small no pun intended unit of Hobbits for a planned game of Dragon Rampant next week.This is understandable given that the Lion Rampant rules were created for units that are all human and tend to be distinct from one another based on experience, morale or equipment. The two armies of Orcs set up opposite to each other in the middle of the table and had a distinct advantage in capturing the civilians. Each player would keep track of victory points throughout the day and the player with the highest total would be declared winner.

As such I host the Ontario Miniature Gaming Convention Page and happily attend the events as we can. Overall, it is pretty straight forward and covers most of the genre elements you would expect with a broad brush. A later ASC reference says, ‘ King Henry was reminded that Epping had been held by the elves since time immemorial and so the king rendered unto the elves that which he owed’. Waiting for us at the table were 6 armies (Lizard Men, Orcs, Goblins, Ogres, Middle Earth [Lord of the Rings] Orcs, and Wood Elves).

So I have them as Light Missiles, and bravely fought off the temptation to give them the sharpshooter upgrade.

Bellicose Foot operate entirely differently from Heavy Foot or Elite Foot for example, so there's lots of flavour, even before you start tweaking the profiles with optional and fantasy rules. For now, I will focus on the narrative game that unfolded before us using Dragon Rampant by Osprey Publishing. Command squads will have the Spellcaster ability, or the lesser Wizardling ability for forces with lower capabilities/training, etc. I need to get a dragon on the table for a game – nothing like a dragon to get things looking like a true fantasy scrap! This is a pretty elegant, simple, and very flexible set of rules that is completely stand-alone from Lion Rampant.In the Hexham Chronicle, under the year 1138, it is recorded, ‘ …after payment then did the aelfson unwrap their bows and they stood with the king’s men and brought upon the Scots a deadly rain of arrows’. Part of the appeal of a fantasy game is that you have varied unit types with a wide range of abilities and Dragon Rampant doesn’t deliver that. You know, what if the ancient Greek heroes really had existed, what if elves and dwarves had existed. My overall goal was to design a fantasy miniatures game that is simple to learn, easy to adapt to your own preferred fantasy setting, and that gives me the same excitement I had when I discovered fantasy gaming in the 1980s. So to help save myself some time I am going to list the issues I have with Dragon Rampant in this blog post so I can just link to it in the future.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment