276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Brooks Men's Launch 8 Running Shoe

£68.61£137.22Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Catamount 2 is a streamlined trail shoe that offers a peppy, responsive ride with plenty of protection for your feet. The key to its energetic feel is in the midsole: Like the original, it features a thin layer of Brooks’ highly responsive DNA Flash cushion, as well as a new and improved SkyVault midsole plate made with thermoplastic polyurethane. This newest launch is nearly an ounce lighter with an enjoyable ride, a district improvement over the 7.

Brooks has developed four main cushioning foams for its shoes. Each one is optimized for different traits, like soft cushioning or low weight, which play a large role in defining the distinct feeling of Brooks’ “Cushion,” “Speed,” and “Energize” experiences. If you want to invest in a more speedy shoe, what does the Launch 8 offer? It's nearly 2oz lighter than the Glycerin and feels a lot faster. The Launch also features GTS and GuideRails for stability, so this shoe is going to suit runners who need support. The midsole is different to the Glycerin, with a BioMoGo DNA foam that feels firmer, and gives more energy return, so you'll feel the shoe is much more springy. The Launch also feels flexible under your forefoot, making toe-off feel easy. Brooks Glycerin 19 vs Brooks Launch 8 – Performance The Ghost has been a favorite in the Brooks lineup for years, and the latest design is one of our favorite shoes of 2023. This versatile cushioned trainer is a go-to for everyone, from beginner runners to experienced marathoners looking for a reliable workhorse shoe. In RW testing, the Ghost 15’s DNA Loft v2 cushion served up a firm feel underfoot, or “an excellent ride with firm yet spongy cushioning,” as one tester described it. If you are looking for a premium cushioned shoe, that feels plush in the upper, has great grip and still feels responsive, this is your shoe. It really is a brilliant shoe for beginners, or for heavier runners. With all that cushioning, you aren't going to feel like you are speeding along though; this is a soft ride, delivering first-class comfort rather than a snappy, fast transition as your foot hits the ground. The DNA LOFT midsole now extends through the whole length of the midsole. For any easy-paced run, this is your shoe.Like the Ghost, it has a high drop, which may feel a bit clunky to runners used to lower-drop shoes. Even so, the plush heel cushioning softens impacts, and the thinner forefoot has good flexibility for snappy toe-offs. The air mesh upper breathes well and features lots of padding around the collar for comfy fit, and the high-coverage rubber outsole is grippy and tough enough to withstand high-mileage training routines. The fit was comfortable but with a little bit more volume in the midfoot than I prefer, and are true to size. ALDREN: I ran into a few, but not many issues in the Launch GTS 8. There’s a plastic infusing around the eyelets that’s fairly hard. As my foot flexed, it dug into my foot. It didn’t hurt, but I noticed. I wish Brooks would have put the laces from the Catamount on the Launch 8, those are ideal for a shoe like this. Refreshing color choices Launched in 2008, BioMoGo is the material found in virtually all Brooks midsoles. Due to its formulation, BioMoGo is completely bio-degradable. While a standard EVA foam will take approximately 1,000 years to fully degrade in a landfill, BioMoGo can biodegrade in roughly 20 years when placed in the same environment.

While both models have a full outsole coverage, the Launch 7’s traction was marginally better because of the lug design.Ultimately, it’s a good shoe at a good price. But more experienced runners will probably want to pay a bit more and look elsewhere. Brooks Launch 8 review: Also consider

What makes this technology incredible to me is that Brooks decided not to patent it, but to offer it as a “open source” innovation for any other shoe producer to use. Way to go! Brooks DNA The Launch 8 is softer than any of the previous models, and that does a lot to broaden its mainstream appeal. And if you’re an existing Launch loyalist, there’s no reason for concern – the V8 retains all the signature elements that have made the series successful. The mesh upper provides a snug, secure fit with a tiny bit of stretch for pliability and softness, and I found the updated shape of the padded heel to be a real stand out of the design: the tall elf collar keeps the heel firmly in place and feeling supported without any rubbing, and it also makes it really easy to slide your feet into the shoes. The Brooks Launch 8 is a big improvement on its predecessor, providing much more cushioning for a softer ride while still retaining the firmness the Launch is known for. If you hated it before, you might just find you really like it now. Launched in 2010, DNA is a cushioning technology that is also present in most of Brooks’ running shoes.ALDREN (GTS): The Launch GTS 8 brings a lightweight look to a stability trainer. Are you trying to not blow some cash on your new shoes? Do you need another pair of trainers to run in while your other ones are still drying off? Are you looking to Run Happy, or at least not sad? Well, the GTS 8 may work for you. The Good

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment