276°
Posted 20 hours ago

PetSafe Treat and Train Remote Reward Dog Trainer, Treat Dispending Dog Training System, Positive Reinforcement, Includes Training DVD, Target Wand & Remote, white, 16 x 7 x 8 inches

£64.235£128.47Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Still, we knew we had to get serious about training, so our new dog Dolly could be calm and happy when her little sister arrived.

A successful hyper dog behavior modification program contains three elements: physical exercise, management, and training. While any one of these alone can make your high-energy dog easier to live with, apply all three for maximum success. Let’s look at each of these elements in greater detail. Exercise is Key for Managing Hyper Dogs The audible and adjustable tone will make your dog alerted that the treat is coming as their reward or mealtime. I think if the TnT wasn’t visible from the beginning because it was hidden somehow a dog wouldn’t obsess over it. This might take some work but since it is your training room it shouldn’t be difficult to do. I know that the dogs will know the machine is there as they can smell it but if the machine is always there but doesn’t always dispense it might help with the obsession.

What is the PetSafe Treat and Train?

Study 2: The researchers in this study asked whether dissociating the trainer from the +R by using a remote delivery device would influence dogs’ responses to a known command. The study design manipulated how +R was delivered to dogs while owners asked their dogs to “sit” and to “down”. One group of owners directly reinforced their dog with a food treat while the second group reinforced using a remote delivery device that was located next to the dog. After the practice session, the dog’s response to the owner’s commands was measured with the owner either standing next to the dog, 10 feet away, or hidden behind a screen. Results: All of the dog responded well to both types of positive reinforcement. Performance rate during the test phase (no +R given) was similar for the two groups when the handler was standing close. However, when the owner moved away or was out of sight, dogs who had been reinforced with the remote device performed better than dogs who had been reinforced directly by their owner. Performance declined in both groups, but it declined less in the group that had been reinforced with the device. An important note is that while the handler moved away from the dogs, the device did not. Rather, it remained where it had been during training, immediately next to the dog. (This is equivalent to the device remaining on the bed or platform in targeted training). Therefore, a significant difference between the two groups was that the “opportunity for reinforcement” as represented by the device itself was still very much in evidence to dogs who had been previously trained with it, but the handler was not. ( One is left to wonder again, what would be the results if the device had been moved as well?).

What does the Science say? To date, there are two published studies of the effectiveness of remote training devices for teaching targeted down/stays with dogs. The first of these was conducted by Dr. Sophia Yin and published in 2008 and the second, using a similar device, was conducted by a group of researchers from Budapest, Hungary in 2016 (1,2). Let’s see what they have reported: The Questions: I know that I can teach this behavior to Ally using the same +R approach that I have used in the past with our other dogs. However, I wondered whether training a down/stay on a platform might be more efficient using a remote trainer. As I see it, there could be both benefits and potential disadvantages to these devices: Choose a Dry or Semi-moist dog treat or kibble through the food disc holes on either large or small-sized kibble desk.

When you want to keep your dog near but not directly connected to you, to teach good manners and/or prevent inappropriate behaviors.

When you know you’ll be home in a reasonable period of time so you don’t force your dog to soil his den – no longer than one hour more than your pup’s age in months, no more than an outside maximum of eight to nine hours for adult dogs. Type of destruction: Damage in several different areas; getting into the garbage can or food left on counters; tearing apart objects that your dog may perceive to be a “fun toy” (think remote controls, shoes, etc.) When you can provide adequate exercise and social time in addition to his time in the crate or pen.Yin S, Fernandez EJ, Pagan S, Richardson SL, Snyder G. Efficacy of a remote-controlled, positive-reinforcement, dog-training system for modifying problem behaviors exhibited when people arrive at the door. Applied Animal Behaviour Science 2008; 113:123-138. You can repeat the “find it” cue, and indicate the general area, but don’t show him where it is; you want him to have to work to find it. Knowing the motivation behind your dog’s destructive behavior is the key to making it stop. Want to know whether your dog is throwing a party while you’re away or scared half to death? Our guide to the destructive dog will help you figure it out. The Godzilla Dog

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment