276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Bastard Son and the Devil Himself: Now a major Netflix series

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In the final episode of the series, Nathan's sister Jessica (Isobel Jesper Jones) finally caught up with him and wanted to finish him off. As I got more in the book, the writing style changed to normal to tell the story of how we got there. However, it was slow and at some point it was really dragging. Most characters were just useless and weak. I saw some tentative plot of "Nobody is totally good or totally evil" but it was a big fail. Specially the dark witches who were bad just to have people in the dark side for the plot's sake. Overall thoughts- Half Bad is a wonderful, wonderful book and it will rip your soul out, so keep tissues, chocolate and your cousin’s cat on your side SINCE YOU WILL NEED THE THERAPY AFTERWORDS. A 6/10 for Half-bad, that is the appropriate score. I didn't love this book, and admittedly was a tiny bit disappointed by my first impression, but I certainly didn't not enjoy it (sorry about the grammar there). Just wasn't a fan of the writing style or the way the book was set out. But the story was fine, and I'm glad I gave it a try. It was far from a waste of time, it was an interesting and unique little story. This was a decent book. I do have a favorite though. Solzhenitsyn. One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich. You read that one?”

Later that night, when I am getting undressed, Arran has a go at talking to me. I guess Gran has asked him to try. He says I should "rethink," "perhaps ask permission to go to one place in Wales," and some other stuff like that. Adult stuff. Gran's stuff. He also said he had the ability to foresee how he died, and revealed he would not be killed by his own son that day. The book is so diverse, it's mind blowing. Also, sexuality is like a normal thing in this book? No one needed to reveal anything or come out of whatever they're imaginary inside, it's just is, no big deal. As simple as what colour your eyes are. As simple as it should be to be honest.Let's get the elephant in the room out of the way: there are a lot of similarities to Harry Potter in this book, but there is no comparison with the original series. In this book, we have a corrupt Council (HP's Ministry of Magic), we have Hunters (Aurors), we have the Pure (Purebloods), a term for non-magical humans, Fain (Muggles), and for god's sakes, we have a Cobalt Alley...

As for Marcus's second gift to his son, it was the last thing Nathan's mother had said to Marcus. She had said she was not afraid of what Nathan would become. He doesn't reply, so I throw my jeans on the floor, get on my knees and say, "Can I have permission to go to the bathroom? Please?"At Ready Steady Cut, Jonathon Wilston described the show as “as guaranteed a hit as the platform has had in some time.” Andrew Murray at The Upcoming argued that it had “the style, personality and ideas” to “avoid becoming another casualty of cancellation, as has been the case with so many other similar shows.” In the book Half Bad, Marcus once had a vision of his son killing him with the Fairborn - a magical knife passed down through the Edge family bloodline. For me, something like "Half Bad" is very, very rare. I read a lot of fantasy, much of that lot from the contemporary masters of the field (Sanderson, Rothfuss, Williams, Rowling etc.) I have been well immersed in the fantasy genre, and as spoiled as it may sound, have come to expect greatness in the fantasy that I choose to read. I chanced across a copy of the "Half Bad" unedited manuscript at the 2013 BEA, and decided to take a chance. I'M HAVING A GIVEAWAY FOR ALL THREE BOOKS IN THE SERIES AND A TOTE BAG ON MY BLOG SO COME ON OVER AND ENTER! One of Nathan's family member dies and he wasn't even told until a month later, he wasn't allowed to see his family again. I really felt sorry for him.

He doesn't reply but drops to his knees with me and hugs me. We stay like that. Him hugging me and me still stiff with anger at him, wanting to hurt him too. It’s not only bad for viewers; it’s ultimately bad for the streamers, as it makes failure a lot more likely. A new show can only get recommissioned if it gets good viewing figures, but why would viewers bother getting invested in something that may be cancelled with no satisfying resolution? I know I wouldn’t. Elsewhere in the finale, Ceelia confronted Soul while Annalise confronted Jessica in two very tense one-on-one battles. I just finished watching the show ams I'm so in love with everything about it. How on earth could Netflix cancel such a great show less than a month after it's debut? The ending to this was okay, and I was pleased that Nathan did finally get something that he wanted. I can’t believe that his life is going to be much better from now on though.And your life is so empty that sitting in the middle of nowhere acting as jailor for an innocent child must seem pretty rewarding.” I thought about giving this book 2 stars but who am I kidding? It was a torture to read it! I seriously have no idea how I got to the end. Oh wait, yes I have! I was actually waiting for something, anything, to happen! Plus, it promised me The main character Nathan is great, he is just a fighter and never gives up. He goes through some absolutely terrible things, but he always has hope and keeps control of his mind. His journey is so intriguing and interesting, I just had to keep reading to know more.

Where were the tons of spells? What would school teach aside from what the minister wanted them to ___Reead___? Why the hell would witches use fists and knifes to fight? I was promised magic so WHERE IS MY FREAKING MAGIC??? This story is definitely character based and the reader is deep inside Nathan's head. The story and writing really involves the reader and at times switching to second person and using "you". It's a startling way to tell such a gritty story, but very intriguing.This book was written a little oddly though, the writing style was quite unusual, and while I appreciated the fast pace, we hit a bit at around the 60% mark which was just boring and felt like it would never end! So while I moderately enjoyed this book, it didn't blow me away or leave me with a big impression, as stated before I kept getting distracted from it. The book was fine though, the story was good, the characters were decent, the pace was good, overall though just not the kind of book for me. I didn't get hugely into it. The ending was fine, and for me it just feels like a pretty satisfying ending that can stay where it is, with something that leaves the reader guessing, kind of like a short story. This book was alright, but not great. Just not my kind of book is all. That's it. So, if you are in for some depressive thoughts and a kid who is trying really hard to be accepted by his magic(?) society that doesn't give a damn about him and just make him suffer more and more, this is your book. I want to say “Marcus.” He’s my father and I want to say his name, but I’m too afraid. I’m always too afraid to say his name.Oh, hi, Voldemort! The world is also great because I felt everything is explained nicely and it's not very confusing. I like the descriptions of how the witch world is entwined with our modern world. Also, I LOVE that this novel is set in the UK, we get to visit England, Whales, and Scotland! Also, some of the language reflects that. I just think it is so cool!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment