276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fearless: Adventures with Extraordinary Women

£9.495£18.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This podcast brings you up-to-date, expert information and top tips to help empower you to make informed decisions that are right for you: how you experience menopause, manage symptoms and long-term health. It’s time for change. Incredibly moving and inspiring... Louise perfectly tells the stories of powerful and intrepid women... a reminder of what women can do and how enormous our untapped potential is.”— Gabby Logan

Fearless: Adventures with Extraordinary Women eBook : Minchin

Today, we’re in a different time - we’re living for longer, working for longer, and too many of us are struggling through this life transition. We all experience menopause differently but you are not alone. I wasn't very familiar with TV presenter and triathlete Louise Minchin, as I don't watch breakfast TV, but the concept of this book sounded interesting. In her introduction, Louise observed that as a TV presenter she would often interview people who'd achieved feats of daring or endurance, but noted that those featured were nearly always men. (You know the sort of thing - 500 marathons in 500 days while barefoot and balancing a tin of soup on your head.) Louise’s has just published her second book ‘FEARLESS, Adventures with Extraordinary Women’ and it’s a joy to hear about the impact of the inspirational women featured. It was also fascinating to explore how taking on physical challenges can help women be bolder elsewhere in their lives. I had enjoyed watching Louise when she presented BBC Breakfast and was pleased to have the opportunity to read this via the Pigeonhole and find out some of what she had got up to since leaving the programme. I love when women are brave and push themselves outside their comfort zone. And this women are just unimaginably courageous, not only pushing themselves out of their comfort zone but actually pushing themselves to the limits of the human body and conquering new territories. Despite some of this activities being a big fat NO-NO for me, I still found this women truly remarkable and inspirational. We don't have to undertake extraordinary adventures, but any adventure that pushes us just a little bit is enough. Start small and you will still rep rewards.Following her fight at the BBC for equal rights of female newsreaders to be given more headline/top of the hour slots, compared to male counterparts.

Fearless: Adventures with Extraordinary Women by Louise Fearless: Adventures with Extraordinary Women by Louise

Out of the 18 women she interviewed (whilst completing a physical challenge), I had only heard of the para-cyclist Kadeena Cox. I was able to live vicariously through Louise as she completed triathlons, free-diving under ice in Finland, and went caving to name just a few of the challenges alongside interviewing these ladies. If you were ever looking for inspiration to help you set that goal, then you'll find it here.”— Woman & Home Some of those taking progesterone as part of their HRT may experience symptoms due to progesterone intolerance. But what is it? How do you know if have In this episode we are joined by Dr Abbie Laing of My Menopause Centre, rated ‘outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission, to find out more and what can you do? I bought this book because I have always admired Louise’s sense of adventure and I now respect her even more as she has the honesty to admit that to be “fearless” is not to be scared. She freedives under the ice in the dark in Finland with Cath, the first woman to swim a mile in the Antarctic Circle; she cycles across Argentina with Mimi, one of the world's most famous female endurance runners; and she swims from Alcatraz with Anaya and Mitali, two young sisters who have braved the shark-infested waters over 70 times.

The book was inspired by noticing that they were always interviewing men who had done these amazing things and decided to do something to start correcting the media bias by finding extraordinary women who had also been doing amazing things. To get to the heart of who these women are… I decided to do it the way that I know best, by taking part, spending time right beside them to experience the things they love.' Having worked on BBC breakfast for over 20 years, Louise Minchin noticed something… all the adventurers she interviewed were men. Driven to bring more attention to female stories of courage and endeavour, Louise pushes herself to the extreme and embarks on thrilling endurance adventures around the globe with trailblazing women. Money Matters Neurodiversity Preparing for University - Subject Reading Lists Reading For Pleasure Stationery

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment