276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Flor de Caña 25 Year Rum, 70cl 40% ABV

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Sugar: estimated at 15 GPL. I found this rum to be sweeter than any of the other rums in the Flor de Cana lineup and I like my rums in the 15 to 20 GPL range. This story began in 1875 when Alfredo Francisco Pellas Canessa, a young adventurer from Genoa, Italy, risked everything by leaving behind his family and the comforts of the old continent to travel to the exotic country of Nicaragua. Flor de Caña is a family-owned company based in Nicaragua that has won numerous awards, including No. 1 Rum Producer in the World from the International Wine and Spirit Competition, No. 1 Rum on the Planet from The Huffington Post and 2017 Best Rum of the Year from the International Rum Conference in Madrid. He initially invested in a shorter and safer steamboat route through Nicaragua to transport passengers and goods from the US East Coast to the West Coast during the height of the California Gold Rush. The route was a huge success, but when news broke about the construction of the Panama Canal and the US coast-to-coast railway, Canessa knew it was time to set out on a new adventure. Nose: strong, dark fruit, leather, Sherry, liquorice, broen sugar, oak spice, cinnamon, ginger, oak, char, slight match sliver smoke, cinnamon roll, vanilla, toffee, caramel, coffee

Flor de Caña - Flor de Caña 25

Bit of a shame really- had much better at a drastically lower price I.e. el dorado 12 year blows this out of the water. Nose: Fragrant, floral sweetness up front, with a touch of fresh sugarcane thrown in too. Slowly develops savoury notes of rye bread, thyme and cayenne pepper. Flor de Caña rums are naturally aged for up to 30 years in premium bourbon barrels for an exceptionally smooth flavour. Flor de Caña has received more than 200 international accolades, making it one of the most awarded rums worldwide. One of the highest distinctions received by the brand was being named ‘Global Rum Producer of the Year’ by the International Wine and Spirit Competition in London in 2017.

Flor de Cana 25-Year is very smooth and you taste nice flavours like vanilla, caramel, dark chocolate, oak and a little bit of smoke. You also get some spice. Flor de Cana 25-Year is less sweet than expected. As a true leader in sustainability, you set the tone” – Champagne Telmont’s Ludovic du Plessis on blazing a trail in sustainability

Naturally Aged, Sugar-Free Rums - Flor de Caña Naturally Aged, Sugar-Free Rums - Flor de Caña

Definitely adding this to my sipping rum list. There isn't anything about this rum that I don't like. The aroma in the bottle is awesome. I cannot really describe it save to say it smells wonderful with just a little bit of sweetness. The flavor is simply luscious. Silky smooth on the tongue with subtle sweetness married brilliantly with soft oakiness leading to an enveloping warmth and leaving with a satiny vanilla aftertaste. En boca, es seco, no tan fuertemente amaderado como era de esperar de un 25 anos. Las notas de madera se equilibran junto con caramelo, vainilla y almendras amargas. I tried all of the them collection. 25YO - ok is the best. Very good balance, nice nose and colour. Palate: Very creamy. Much fruitier than the nose suggests, with papaya, kiwi and ripe pear. Oak-y cigar box notes appear later on.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment