276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Harley Merlin and the Secret Coven

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Bella Forrest considers her biggest strength her overzealous imagination that has allowed her to concoct the magical realms that have captivated audiences.

Harley Merlin 12: Finch Merlin and the Djinn’s Curse

It’s been a year since Katherine tried to take over the world, and Finch Merlin is itching to do something other than odd jobs for Erebus, God of Darkness. Harley the her team have gotten lucky so far but they still need to recover some of the Magicals that Katherine Shipton has been able to abduct.I know that he's supposed to be scholarly but it's coming off as like reading an academic paper instead of a human being speaking. So probably because it was such a good mix between to sagas that I honestly enjoyed I came to love the book and couldn’t put it down. With her best friend Genie by her side, she’s ready to learn the skill of monster hunting… no matter the cost. Up until now, he has been presented as continually acting like a sneering jerk, so it is a difficult transition for the team incorporating him into their midst. Harley was a good heroine; smartass, strong, independent, but some of her characteristic tired me after a while, considering her backstory.

Bella Forrest

I'm looking forward to getting to know more of the extended family and what's been going on with the next generation of Muppet Babies. These are the two characters Forrest has used as POV characters the most during the 17 book adventure that is the Harley Merlin series up to this point. Hidden gems of talent and fiercely loyal friends, they have one another's backs through thick and thin. Also, even though the kids who were kidnapped in the last book were not all saved, I'm pretty sure at least Micah-the-cute-five-year-old was finally saved. Or would they rather have clues to what is actually going on and clever and brave ways they have found to overcome the antagonist?She meets Wade and through him she finds her place in this world that didn’t make much sense before its starting to. I'd like to know where the Harley Merlin series goes (at least until I get to Finch and Persie, who I don't know enough to care about) and if I need to read other books from authors who got ripped off to get there, that's fine with me. But after a disturbing twist of events, Harley quickly realizes that her past is darker than she could ever have imagined. I loved this series and all series' must come to an end but I can't believe I accidently read the last book when I never ever read/watch the last season (if TV show) or book. Right at the beginning she is attacked and learns she is not the only one who has magical abilities.

Harley Merlin 21: Persie Merlin and the Dying Song Harley Merlin 21: Persie Merlin and the Dying Song

Much like the other books thus far in the series, the writing was immature and more than a little juvenile - with a lot of repetition to the point where it made it quite difficult to read - the characters were lacklustre at best and many seemed to share the same personality-type, which got a little boring, and the plot was essentially nothing (it definitely felt more like a filler book than anything more substantial) - yet still, for some unknown reason, this series remains a little guilty pleasure of mine. Fortunately, the Smiths, a kind family consisting of George and Angela Smith, plus their daughter, Ryann, adopted her. One thing is clear: they’re here to stir up even more trouble among the local monsters-in-residence, and it seems like it’s working on everyone.I guess it'd be too much to assume that a plan that involves trusting Apollo would work well, but Lux really bails the group out of just about everything because she decided to adopt mindfulness and forgiveness as her policy. I did expect a bit more in the way of things feeling more tense and fraught, the magical council is starting to take more notice of the San Diego coven in light of everything that's happened and decide to leave two agents to oversee the investigation into the missing kids. As Harley works to save the children and uncover whatever her aunt is up to, she is still trying to find answers to some questions about her past. Reading the Finch Merlin stories was sort-of okay, but by the end of that series I was ready to move on.

Merlin and the Dying Song by Bella Forrest | Goodreads Persie Merlin and the Dying Song by Bella Forrest | Goodreads

That note was the only thing my parents had left me with, before dropping me off at the orphanage when I was three. I am always skeptical of authors that churn out too many books too soon, it’s often an indicator of sloppy work and poor development. Terrific read about magic, coven for mystics, creatures, a mystery, touch of romance, action, good characters and plot, and what makes a family. The narrative switches between Finch and Harley and as I’m sure the Author intended we can draw similarities from them yet they still remain to have their own voice. So far, this book was the absolute BEST of the books Forrest has written in the Harley Merlin/Finch Merlin series.

Finishing off a series that's been going for so many editions is not simple, but this brought both Harley and Finch's main adventures to a very satisfying conclusion. Amy has always taken notice to the handsome Liam Swift, a star in Hollywood who is climbing the social ladder quickly. When a rogue 19-year-old witch is recruited to help guard an ancient magical Bestiary, a breath-stealing journey begins.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment