276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Still Me: Discover the love story that captured 21 million hearts

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Moyes writing, as usual, is superb and she brilliantly shows us the scenery of NYC, the parties, the crowded streets, and more. She is an author who makes me laugh and cry, and I did so much of both with Still Me since Moyes always seems to get Lou in the wildest situations! Moyes has definitely become an auto-buy author for me, so I can’t wait to see what she writes next! Also, Lou will have to be strong about her own personality and the little things that made her like what truly is and don’t betray herself. Only Louisa Clark can be Louisa Clark and the literary world would be a sad place without her. In the same way, only you can be you in our world, so don’t make changes in your very foundation of what makes you, you. There are some parts in this book that makes this novel cheesy at times. But still, the author wonderfully concludes this series convincingly, satisfying most of us who followed Lou closely through these three books. From the New York Times bestselling author of The Giver of Stars, discover the love story that captured over 20 million hearts in Me Before You , After You , and Still Me .

This seemed to be the overall motto of the third and last book in this series and I still don’t know if I liked it or not. My feelings for “Still Me” are rather mixed, yet I still found myself enjoying it somehow. Which is probably a great testimony of Jojo Moyes easy writing style and the way she manages to capture her audience. Still, for me it’s also proof of the fact that a book can’t only live from its interesting characters and the authors writing skills.Louisa Clark arrives in New York ready to start a new life, confident that she can embrace this new adventure and keep her relationship with Ambulance Sam alive across several thousand miles. She steps into the world of the superrich, working for Leonard Gopnik and his much younger second wife, Agnes. Lou is determined to get the most out of the experience and throws herself into her new job and New York life. But what Lou doesn't know is she's about to meet someone who's going to turn her whole life upside down. Paris for One and Other Stories (2015), collection of 10 short stories and 1 novella: ISBN 0735221073 "Paris for One", "Between the Tweets", "Love in the Afternoon", "A Bird in the Hand", "Crocodile Shoes", "Holdups", "Honeymoon in Paris" (novella), "Last Year's Coat", "Thirteen Days with John C", "Margot", "The Christmas List"

Louisa went to England to spend Christmas with her family She planned to surprise Sam by meeting him a few days early, but when she went to his house, she saw him with Katie. Distraught, she returned to her family. She lied to Sam and told him that she missed her flight and would not be home for a few days. Sam arrived at her parents’ house on Christmas and Louisa broke up with him. Louisa’s sister Treena came out to her family and introduced them to her new girlfriend Eddie. For the first time since I had arrived in America I had an almost physical sense of being in the wrong place, as if I were being tugged by invisible cords to somewhere a million miles away." There are so many versions of ourselves we can choose to be. Once, my life was destined to be measured out in the most ordinary of steps. I learnt differently from a man who refused to accept the version of himself he'd been left with, and an old lady who saw, conversely, that she could transform herself, right up to a point when many people would have said there was nothing left to be done. Jojo Moyes is technically consider to write romance, but she likes to add in some humor and lighten things up, even add another level of emotion or tension at times. Moyes describes her writing as a fairly organic process; with the different parts kind of naturally coming together to form a cohesive whole. She does note that her most recent work The One Plus One was done with less of this style writing than any of her other works. I love Lou as a character, she is so ridiculously relatable and I see parts of myself in her. It was wonderful to see her story continue, she deserves happiness and I am glad that Jojo Moyes gave it to her. <3What was the Me Before You movie experience like? If you were to cast Still Me , who do you see playing some of the new main characters?

It's a beautifully told, inspiring tale of what can happen when you leave your comfort zone, listen to your heart and trust it will all be OK' Heat I absolutely love writing Louisa. By now she does feel like an old friend. It’s really hard sometimes to find your way into a character, and with her it’s like slipping on your favorite clothes. I know her. I know how she would react to any given circumstance. She’s genuine and funny and a bit daft. But what was fun in this book was to really push her forward a bit. She grows up a lot, especially in the last third of the book. I think, like many of us, she is really still working out who she is. Moyes wisely knows that life-changing events don’t always change our lives for the better. . . . After You may not be the sequel you expect, but it is the sequel you needed.” —Entertainment Weekly Overall I loved all the new characters we are introduced to, including the doorman and his family, the 2 girls who run the vintage clothes store and the elderly neighbour with her mental dog.Growing up in London, Jojo Moyes is a British author who was born in 1969 and was named after a song written by the Beatles singing group. She worked an array of different writing jobs including writing braille for people who were blind and writing brochures. Jojo Moyes is now a novelist but was a writer and a journalist before becoming a novelist. No, like really, really tired. Like cry at TV advertisements and fall asleep while brushing my teeth and end up with toothpaste all over my chest tired. a b http://www.freshfiction.com, info@freshfiction com-. "Jojo Moyes". freshfiction.com . Retrieved 10 August 2022. {{ cite web}}: External link in |last= ( help) Few people can leave me emotionally jumbled quite like Jojo Moyes can. The first book of hers I read, Me Before You, literally had me ugly crying, and I'll admit a healthy sob or two while reading its sequel, After You. Even one of Moyes' standalone books, The Girl You Left Behind, left me puffy-eyed.

Something that I love about Jojo Moyes’ books (at least Louisa Clark’s saga) that you learn empathy (as the chosen quote clearly indicates), since you never has to rush to conclusions about the people that you meet, the same as in the first book and the second one too, characters that maybe get your nerves, you need to be patient, since you never know how relevant an unexpected character can be for the fate of Louisa Clark,… The Last Letter from Your Lover (2021), film directed by Augustine Frizzell, based on novel The Last Letter from Your Lover, distributed by Netflix From the #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Giver of Stars and the forthcoming Someone Else’s Shoes, discover the love story that captured over 20 million hearts in Me Before You, After You, and Still Me. Louisa found Dean Martin and brought him to Mrs. De Witt’s apartment. She discovered Mrs. De Witt unconscious on the floor and called an ambulance. She accompanied the old woman to the hospital, then returned to look after her dog. Mrs. De Witt asked her to continue to look after Dean Martin and her apartment while she stayed in the hospital for the following week and after she returned. Mrs. De Witt and Louisa grew to be close friends. Mrs. De Witt told Louisa about her past and insisted that she call her by her first name, Margot. Louisa discovered that Mrs. De Witt had inherited her apartment and could no longer afford to pay her bills. She encouraged Mrs. De Witt to sell her designer clothes to the Vintage Clothes Emporium, but they were too precious to Mrs. De Witt.Suzanna meets a friend called Jesse, and things in her life begin to unravel once again. She is able to find a closure about why she was abandoned by her stepmother Vivi. Jojo Moyes depicts her characters in a dramatic yet eventful way in which the reader can feel integrated in the characters life and enjoy the novel. In her novel, she is able to balance a reflection of life before and alleviates the feeling of self-pity. I really didn’t see that one coming but OMG! I was so happy for her! It might have been a late coming out but better late than never and Eddie was soo good for her! She made her happy and that’s the most important thing. Even Lou’s dad who’s really conservative could see and accept that so I’m really glad that Treena and Eddie met! Plus YAY finally an f/f couple in Jojo Moyes books. XD Moyes first won the Romantic Novelists' Association's Romantic Novel of the Year Award in 2004 for Foreign Fruit [26] and again in 2011 for The Last Letter From Your Lover. [27] She is one of few authors to have received this award twice. [28] It is memorable and poignant tale that spans across numerous generations. The characters include Kate, Joy, and Sabine, these are all Irish individual, and the secrets coupled with family dynamics makes life a struggle for all the three women.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment