276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Unbroken: Learning to Live Beyond Diagnosis (Inspirational Series)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

EXCLUSIVE: 'My one wish is to hug my girl before I can't anymore': Cancer-ridden mother battling brain... EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: 'Speed demon' and former Strictly judge Dame Darcey Bussell reveals she went on speed awareness course after breaking 20mph limit For many decades, people with an intellectual disability and autistic people have been considered from a medical perspective (Asperger Reference Asperger1944; Kanner Reference Kanner1944; Kapp Reference Kapp2019) in need of intervention, remediation and cure, resulting in stigma, marginalisation and othering (Botha Reference Botha and Frost2020). Since infancy, parents and their neurodiverse offspring may have endured comments such as ‘What’s wrong with you/your child?’, ‘Why are they behaving like that?’, ‘Have you tried disciplining them?’ Autistic people and people with an intellectual disability are often left burdened by such negative messaging. Indeed, bullying and micro-trauma suffered in many areas of life accrue and can result in significant trauma (Crastnopol Reference Crastnopol2015; Rumball Reference Rumball, Happé and Grey2020). I am anautistic person with autistic children. I amatrained adult nurse and midwife,howeverwent straight into working as a neonatal intensive care nurse.Due to personal experiences of perinatal mental illness andemerging researchdemonstratinglong term impact on neurodevelopmentof neonates and foetusesfrom parental mentalillness;I developed a particularinterest in the psychological impact of NICU onparents and bonding/ attachment.

Olivia Munn and John Mulaney celebrate son Malcolm's second birthday with tropical getaway: 'Sunshine, my only sunshine' I'm A Celeb's viewers SLAM 'insensitive' Nella Rose after she tells ADHD sufferer Sam Thompson to 'calm down': 'Educate yourself!' Chloe Ferry shows off her ample cleavage in a red crop top as she heads Christmas shopping with on/off boyfriend Johnny Wilbo

Share this article

Is this how Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce's relationship ends? Fans reveal bizarre conspiracy theory involving his brother Jason Coach Edward! Duke of Edinburgh chats to young footballers during visit to a British School in Jakarta The Bear star Jeremy Allen White reunites with estranged wife Addison Timlin to treatdaughters Ezer, 4, and Dolores, 2, to family fun at a park in LA

Strictly's Bobby Brazier reveals the two words he would say to his late mother Jade Goody as he dedicates emotional dance to her Ed Sheeran flogs his cat hair-covered clothes including Versace two-piece, a monkey onesie and STAINED underwear for charity auction

Diddy's unhappy Thanksgiving: Music mogul looks pensive wandering around his Florida property same day he was hit with a THIRD sexual assault lawsuit Strictly's Bobby Brazier and Dianne Buswell take part in yet another steamy rehearsal ahead of this week's performance Karen is a midwife, researcher and lecturer in midwifery at the University of Suffolk. She has 5 children and was diagnosed as autistic alongside her fourth and fifth children in 2009. Whilst training to be a midwife in 2015, Karen noticed that autistic women accessing maternity care were often unprepared for a stay in hospital with its unfamiliar noises, smells, people and routines. She also recognised that maternity staff did not receive sufficient autism training to be able to support autistic parents. In 2019 Karen was nominated for a Florence Nightingale scholarship and was supported to create a series of communication support plans. The idea of the plans is for women to share their support needs with maternity staff to make care in hospitals and clinics more accessible for them. The plans were developed further in 2020 to incorporate information sharing from maternity staff so that women know what to expect during their pregnancy, birth and the postnatal period.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment