276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The White Queen

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Wurm, Gerald. "The White Queen With Two Versions - BBC Costume Series With More Nudity in the US - Movie-Censorship.com". www.movie-censorship.com.

Gregory’s newest entry is all about Elizabeth Woodville, told in her voice and with a few twists and turns.

Best Performance by an Actress in a Mini-Series or a Motion Picture Made for Television – (Rebecca Ferguson)

But he looks like a knight in a dark forest when he pulls up his horse and jumps down in one easy movement. You came! he says. At noon the next day I am in my ordinary gown, seated in my privy chamber, when the girl comes in a rush to say that the king is riding down the road towards the Hall. I don’t let myself run to the window to look for him, I don’t allow myself a dash to the hammered-silver looking glass in my mother’s room. I put down my sewing, and I walk down the great wooden stairs, so that when the door opens and he comes into the hall, I am serenely descending, looking as if I am called away from my household chores to greet a surprise guest. The White Queen tells the story of a common woman who ascends to royalty by virtue of her beauty, a woman who rises to the demands of her position and fights tenaciously for the success of her family, a woman whose two sons become the central figures in a mystery that has confounded historians for centuries: the Princes in the Tower whose fate remains unknown to this day. From her uniquely qualified perspective, Philippa Gregory explores the most famous unsolved mystery, informed by impeccable research and framed by her inimitable storytelling skills. Editors". Creativemediamanagement.com. Archived from the original on 15 February 2013 . Retrieved 23 June 2013. He is a notorious lecher. He is bound to demand to meet her; he is bound to summon her to court, John pronounces.

Table of Contents

I am so glad you came at all. He laughs at himself almost in bewilderment. I have been like a boy today—couldn’t sleep last night for thinking of you, and all day I have wondered if you would come at all, and then you came! All across the USA, people are showing up dead. The deaths don't appear to be connected in any way until one particular death occurs and gets the Secretary of Defense's attention. He arranges for a task force to investigate. The inspiration for the critically acclaimed Starz miniseries The White Queen, #1 New York Times bestselling author Philippa Gregory brings to life the extraordinary story of Elizabeth Woodville, a woman who rises from obscurity to become Queen of England, and changes the course of history forever. I shall be a just king, he says, looking at my father. I would want no Englishman to suffer for my coming to my throne.

BBC – Media Centre: The White Queen, a new ten-part drama for BBC One". BBC.co.uk. 31 August 2012 . Retrieved 6 October 2014. Philippa is a member of the Society of Authors and in 2016, was presented with the Outstanding Contribution to Historical Fiction Award by the Historical Writers’ Association. In 2018, she was awarded an Honorary Platinum Award by Nielsen for achieving significant lifetime sales across her entire book output. The Cousins’ War series begins with The White Queen which sees the throne of England at stake as the Wars of the Roses begin. Elizabeth Woodville is a woman of extraordinary beauty and ambition who secretly marries the newly crowned king of England. She ends up rising to the demands of her family as she fights of the success of her family. Now, her sons have become the central figures in an unsolved mystery that has confounded historians for centuries: the lost princes in the Tower of London. Gregory has popularised Tudor history perhaps more than any other living fiction writer…all of her books feature strong, complex women, doing their best to improve their lives in worlds dominated by men’ Sunday Times Tom Sutcliffe (17 June 2013). "TV review: The White Queen is less historically plausible than Game of Thrones (despite being ostensibly true), The Independent, 17 June, 2013". The Independent. London. Archived from the original on 20 June 2022 . Retrieved 27 February 2014.

The Queen’s Fool takes place in the winter of 1553. Hannah Green is a fourteen-year-old girl pursued by the Inquisition who is forced to flee from her home in Spain along with her father. She is no ordinary girl though and has been gifted with the “sight” which allows her to see the future, a gift that is priceless in the Tudor court. Hannah ends up being adopted by Robert Dudley, the son of King Edward’s protector. Dudley brings her to court as a “holy fool” for Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth. She ends up working as a spy and endangered by the laws against heresy, treason, and witchcraft. She must choose between the safe life of a commoner and the danger of the royal family.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment