276°
Posted 20 hours ago

By a Thread: A Grumpy Boss Romantic Comedy

£7.995£15.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

or when this designer named christian was flirting with her at a party. dom gets so pissed off that he breaks his glass— The first problem is that the main characters read decades younger than their stated ages. They're both immature and rootless in ways that just don't fit people past their mid-thirties (he's in his forties, for heaven's sake!). It wasn't hard for

then obviously after that there was a ton of push and pull, cute situations with sexual tension and the MCs "fighting" but its just foreplay, the whole "i want you but i can't be with you" trope from the H, etc. I hate how much I want you,” he whispered brokenly, nuzzling at the curves, nipping at the pasties. “I despise the fact that I can’t think of anything else but you.” My kids were making memories too, and sometimes that involved falling down and ruining nice things.The house was empty. As in furniture-less rooms, bare walls, every sound echoing off the hardwood floors. so this book starts with Dominic Russo (H) going to a pizza restaurant where he's supposed to meet his mother (owner of the magazine company he works at) and a waitress told him that there were no phones allowed but he's an asshole so he ignores her then proceeds to be rude to her. the waitress, who is none other than our heroine Ally Morales, isn't taking any of his shit so obviously, she's rude too and she makes him a pizza where the pepperonis are written in "FU". he gets her fired cuz again, he's an asshole, plus all his frustration from the past year finally blew up and he took it out on her. his mother was having none of his attitude and chased after Ally and then proceeded to hire her. By A Thread seriously made me breakout into a happy dance. I think I wore a permanent smile the entire time reading this book and the banter just made me giddy! Reading his verbal sparring with Ally was so entertaining. These two fire off of each other for much of the book yet, underneath the verbal foreplay and the palpable sexual tension, Dominic slowly starts to feel things for her outside of just physical attraction. Minutes later—hey, we’re still figuring our way through post-baby sex, okay?—I rested my head on Dom’s stomach and stared up at the plaster ceiling. Our plaster ceiling. Maya babbled in her car seat next to our discarded pile of pants and shoes.

Authors, if you are a member of the Goodreads Author Program, you can edit information about your own books. Find out how in this guide. We stared at each other while he shrugged out of his coat. He was dressed more casually than he had been in the office. Jeans and a well-fitting gray sweater that made his blue eyes look more silver. His sleeves were shoved up, revealing tattoos on both forearms. Yum. Of course, this is a romance, a fantasy, a fiction. But I think the main characters and the story itself were designed to give an unexpected and beautiful sense of reality. In my opinion, this is one of Ms Score’s best efforts to date. ally decides to partake in “amateur” night since she would get the amount of money she needs. WELL, UNKNOWINGLY TO HER, DOM HEARD HER TALKING TO HER FRIEND AND SHOWS UP AT THE STRIP CLUB. Ally (h) and Dominic (H) are quite immature for their age (39 & 44) and I can understand why other ppl didn’t like their characters, but I was LOVING how petty they were with each other. 😂 it’s really not how adults with that age should behave, but I’m blind and going to pretend that each of the characters was at least 10 years younger to justify some of their behavior.Dominic's dinner companion - his mother - is appalled by his behavior and offers Ally a job at her company . . . a place where Dominic also works. Ally meets Dom in a very unique way. He gets her fired after she writes something inappropriate on his pizza. Ally's life hasn't been easy as of late and this was the last straw. Although it was awful at the time, it was the best thing that could have happened to her as Dom's mom gave her a job that helps her out so much. i don’t even know how to express how much i loved this book. The dynamic between dom (H) and ally (h) was absolutely incredible. this book is one of those “i hate how much i want you” books.

STARS!! Your hopeful heart is the most beautiful thing I've ever known. How is this my first book by Lucy Score? How?! I guess because I don't read many rom-com's . . . but this one pushed ALL the right buttons for me. I LOVED EVERY WORD OF IT!! He is also a sarcastic arse with one of the best driest sense of humour's I have read in a leading MC in a while. He is uptight, tense and wound up because of everything going on around him. His life has also been upended. It is interesting that both he and Ally find themselves in that position because of their loyalty to their families. the list below includes everything in the book that usually makes me rate books 1 star but this book? made it good??? I shook my head, digging my nails into my palms because this beautiful, perfect man deserved a reprieve from crazy wife tears. “Not this house. You. You are my dream.” Dom played a riff and bumped shoulders with Reese when she answered it. I pressed my fingers to my lips. The teenage hormones were strong with this one. I remembered the angst and misery of fourteen and prayed to the goddesses of puberty that they would be kind to our girl.First I want to state that I usually don’t rate dnf’s but sexism is something we have to deal with enough in our real world so we don’t need to see our heroine being reduced to sex, her body and gender by the love interest (!!!) in our romances, too. This guy is not grumpy (as stated by the author), this guy is just an asshole. I was 1000% into this book and then the absolute mishandling of the out of left field stripping plot completely ruined it for me. To be clear, zero judgement on the heroine whatsoever. My problem is with the hero. He heard and saw how devastated and upset she was to have to do it and then found her desperation on stage ultra hot. It was absolutely revolting to me that anyone could find a devastated, choiceless woman being forced to be sexual for you a turn on. He even said she looked terrified on the stage, yet was getting turned on by it....? How is that attractive to a non-piece of shit man? If I were with a man and he looked scared that would 100% physiologically shut down any sexual ANYTHING within me in concern for him. Yet so many people just normalize men finding choiceless, visibly upset women supernaturally attractive if they are naked enough.No thank you. It just absolutely killed him in my eyes that he could be wealthy beyond imagining, and literally gets hard from an impoverished women doing something out of desperation that is visibly upsetting her. What a heartless, privileged piece of shit ..... who I’m also supposed to find hot??

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment