276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Cyberpunk 2077 (Xbox One)

£9.145£18.29Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

So on the one hand, I feel comfortable saying that Cyberpunk 2077’s historically bad technical issues have been improved enough to allow the game’s best qualities to shine brighter than ever. There’s also something to be said for distancing yourself from expectations. Now that we know exactly what Cyberpunk 2077 is, it’s much easier to appreciate it for what it is. Since then, developer CD Projekt Red has released a variety of patches designed not just to improve those versions of the game but fundamentally fix them. So is Cyberpunk 2077 finally playable on those consoles? Well, to paraphrase one of my favorite Simpsons quotes, it ain’t getting any more playable, that’s for sure. Look, the PS4 and Xbox One versions of Cyberpunk are still not the ideal way to play the game. They look rough, they still suffer from framerate issues, and they occasionally suffer from downright weird problems (missing pedestrians, disappearing objects, etc.). If you’re planning on playing Cyberpunk 2077 on those consoles, you’re still going to have to put up with a variety of technical issues and shortcomings. There will probably never be an entirely smooth version of the game available on those consoles. You'll also get a tremendous amount of Street Cred for each kill so you can max it at 50 in no time. The added benefit of this run is that it gives you experience with any weapon you choose to level. You can do this farm with shotguns, handguns, melee abilities… you get the idea. Then, travel to this location in Santo Domingo, a gas station with a homeless encampment. If the Space Oddity mission marker pops up, you know you’ve found the right one.

Once you have the location from the laptop, follow the waypoint to an area with seven soldiers. Take them out using whatever means necessary, and claim your prize from the center capsule. And don’t worry about the Scrapper perk. The painting you’ll receive isn’t classified as junk, so it won’t be auto-disassembled. Then, find the nearest drop box. As for Xbox Series S…well, don’t expect much. That version of the game is clearly better than the PS4/Xbox One versions and clearly inferior to the PS5/Xbox Series X versions. I suppose that’s about what you’d expect from that hardware, but you get the sense that CD Projekt Red could have done more with that platform if they had a more technically solid foundation to work off of.Still, it’s a perfectly acceptable middle-of-the-road option. Next, you want to have Chromatic Aberrationset to on. This is more of a stylistic choice than one that impacts performance, so if you dislike the effect you can certainly turn it off. What it does is create those rainbow-looking lighting effects on light sources. Since Night City is full of bright neon signs, and the cyberpunk genre is somewhat known for this visual style, we think it lends to the visuals rather than take anything away.Simply have the arms installed and add the tranquilizer rounds in the cyberware menu. Then, your game difficulty to the hardest, go to the location in Pacifica shown in the accompanying screenshots, and run a loop. The enemies will keep spawning and with this method, you can average a level every 5-10 minutes on this farm. To get started making Cyberpunk 2077perform that extra bit better, load up the game’s main menu. From here enter Settingsand tab over to the Graphicstab using your bumpers. Here we are given five different options to play with: Film Grain, Chromatic Aberration, Depth of Field, Lens Flare,and Motion Blur. To get to this location, start from the Batty's Hotel fast travel point in Pacifica (it's located right near the Chapel fast travel point on its western side). The newest project from The Witcher developer CD Projekt Red, it was promoted as a sea change in video games that would merge the deep history of R. Talsorian Games’ sprawling cyberpunk Night City with storytelling chops that made Geralt’s adventures in The Witcher so compelling for so many of us. It was all portrayed in first-person perspective, to really sell us on our protagonist V’s embodied relationship with the world around them.

I should also note that CD Projekt Red isn’t done improving the PS5/Xbox Series X versions of the game. They can only theoretically get better from here, though I suspect most future improvements will focus on bug fixes and optimizations rather than any kind of sweeping updates that make the game look like it was developed for next-gen hardware right from the start. Is the PC Version of Cyberpunk 2077 Still the Best Version of the Game? It is a strange marker of current video game culture that this is the thing that we most desire, since by definition the entirety of a video game environment is a technical illusion to make a player feel important. The people on the sidewalk in any given game are not there to be full people. They are there to give context, and a certain aesthetic feeling, to a player speeding by them in a souped-up future car. If there is a key maneuver in patch 1.5, it is that these fantasies seem to be fulfilled. NPCs interact minimally with their environment, and they panic when gunfire starts nearby. They behave “realistically,” and like most of the non-player content in the game, seem to be a drastic leap forward from the videos you might remember from the disturbingly gleeful “ look at this shit” responses that highlighted technical problems in 2020. The Edgerunners Update includes new items inspired by the Netflix anime series “Cyberpunk: Edgerunners”. Introduces new features such as the Wardrobe clothing transmog system, playable Roach Race arcade minigame, cross-platform saves, Nibbles in photo mode, and more.

Cyberpunk 2077

One of the big hopes that I, and many others, had for Cyberpunk 2077 rested in how it might approach storytelling in its science-fictional universe. The Witcher games are successful at building up its core cast of characters and putting them in positions where we get a sense of them as three-dimensional humans, with thoughts and feelings and complications that are rarely represented within video games. The decision to make this cyberpunk game within the Cyberpunk brand identity meant that this game could build on the deep history of this world developed by Mike Pondsmith in the R. Talsorian Games Cyberpunk setting for more than 30 years. However, I also wasn’t anxiously waiting years for the game to be released, nor did I consider myself a part of the CD Projekt Red “cult of brilliance” that only grew in the years since The Witcher 3’s release. I came into Cyberpunk 2077 with a slightly more neutral perspective, and I found a game that did a lot of things I liked and quite a few things that were either incomplete or simply ill-advised. As a result, Cyberpunk 2077 runs fairly smoothly (minus the aforementioned moments of lingering technical issues) on a variety of PCs. Those who play Cyberpunk 2077 on a lower-end PC that meets the game’s performance requirements will likely enjoy a smoother overall experience than those who play the game on PS4 and Xbox One. A lot of buzz has been growing around the internet concerning how Cyberpunk 2077runs on the Xbox One and PS4 generation consoles. The developers clearly targeted high performing PCs when designing the game, and even those players are having some issues running the game well. The Series X does help out a bit, but considering the game isn’t yet optimized for next-generation consoles, the experience isn’t as good there as one would hope either. Still, if you were looking forward to playing Cyberpunk 2077on your base Xbox One, the experience is likely disappointing. Obviously, consoles are not as customizable as PCs, but there are still a few settings you can tweak to squeeze out the best possible performance while we wait for the developers to come out with some patches. Here are the settings that will give you the best performance boost. See More

Since the game was launched, CD Projekt Red has added numerous little things to Cyberpunk 2077. Said additions range from new gigs, weapons, vehicles, and perks to the ability to “transmog” your appearance (meaning you can choose what you look like regardless of what armor you’re wearing). One of the more substantial updates to the game even allows you to rent multiple apartments throughout the city (and receive small buffs for using certain facilities in those apartments).High-end PC gamers are the ones who are really in for a treat, though. If you’re running Cyberpunk 2077 on a top-of-the-line GPU (with the processor and RAM that typically go with that kind of GPU), you’re in for a treat. At present, the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077 is the only version of the game that has a real chance of maintaining a consistently high framerate with every graphical bell and whistle enabled. Again, it’s not perfect, but it turns out that Cyberpunk 2077 looks really, really good when you’re playing it on the most powerful hardware possible. Go figure. However, I’d argue that enough is new or “different” about the game to justify taking another look at it if you mostly liked the base experience or decided to put it away until a few more things became available. Get to the Point: Is Cyberpunk 2077 Worth Playing in 2022?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment