276°
Posted 20 hours ago

MAAREE Solidarity High-Impact Sports Bra with Overband® - Best in Test!

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The bra uses something the designer invented, called Overband technology. Basically, this stops your gals from going up, as well as down. Apparently, this is often overlooked by the mainstream bra manufacturers who are more concerned with keeping them up, rather than down. Road cycling isn’t, of course, a high impact activity. However, according to experts at the Research Group in Breast Health, based at the University of Portsmouth, riders wearing a D+ cup are best served by an encapsulation or combination style sports bra, as opposed to a less supportive compression style often used by cycling specific brands. This bra starts from a 30C so it is designed for those with more breast tissue. There is a Medium Impact version for those who don’t want something quite so heavy duty. Any improvement in the world of sports bras – sports gear for bigger women in general, actually – is very welcome as far as I’m concerned. I have long struggled to find supportive kit that fits well. With the Solidarity High Impact Sports Bra, Maaree has provided a solid option that really does appear to meet both of these needs – though in doing so it has had to use a fairly rigid material and the RRP is much higher than competitors. Maaree Solidarity High-Impact Sports Bra: construction

Sports Bras Size Guidelines | MAAREE | Sports Bras

I have also worn the Maaree Solidarity High-Impact Sports Bra for a few 50-minute circuits sessions, which include skipping, boxing, weights, press-ups, etc. I can report much-reduced breast bounce according to my observant circuits partner! A: Yes, currently our size range extends across 52 sizes. With underband sizes ranging from 28-38, and cup sizes ranging from C-H. If you need assistance sizing, please refer to our sizing guide or book a free online fitting. Please note that the tape measure isn't always 100% accurate when it comes to measuring the bust. If you are getting a totally different measurement than expected, please book in for a Free Online Fitting, and we can help further. I get asked a lot by clients which running bras I recommend, so I was excited when MAAREE asked me if I would like to try their High Impact sports bra. It’s a brand I hadn’t heard of before, and believe me, I’ve tried a LOT. Wrap the measuring tape somewhat loosely around the fullest part of your bust (at nipple level) and round to the nearest whole number.

The fabric of the bra feels beautifully soft next to the skin, and I like the breathable mesh fabric between the breasts too. Sizing Tip: This style can come up small. We find it best to try a band size up from your normal size. This means if you normally wear a 34D, we recommend trying a 36D.

Maaree Solidarity High-Impact Sports Bra review - Swiss Cycles Maaree Solidarity High-Impact Sports Bra review - Swiss Cycles

My new Solidarity High Impact Sports Bra in Forest Green arrived promptly. Mari had suggested that it might feel a little stiff when it first arrived, so I should just give it a little stretch to soften the material, and then because it is a smaller band size than I’m used to, I might find it easier to fasten at the front, then twist around. Immediately I could feel how supportive the bra would be. The Overband adjusts under the arms, in the same way the straps adjust, and I could feel the difference as I tightened or loosened it.

Best Hybrid Bikes For Women

MAAREE also try to educate women about the importance of wearing the correct bra size and offer online fittings. Did you know 80% of women are wearing the wrong size sports bra? I attended an online fitting with Mari via Zoom. She made me feel really comfortable, and talked me through measuring my band size first of all, then measuring around my bust to enable me to work out what my cup size would be. Mari asked what size I normally wear, and suggested I should drop a band size based on my measurements, and increase by 2 cup sizes. She explained that often, a lot of chafing occurs because there is friction between the strap and the skin, if, for example, the bra is the wrong size, so a better fitting bra should prevent this. I’m 51 and could certainly do with losing a stone or so. However, despite sportswear manufacturers’ best efforts, I don’t let this put me off going running, walking and doing various other sports. Fastening comes from three widely spaced hooks and eyes, and the lower band is made from a stretchy but relatively tough fabric, offering a firm fit. The bra combines compression and encapsulation in a sports bra for activities described as high impact, such as running, team sports and circuit training.

Guidelines | MAAREE | Sports Bras Size Guidelines | MAAREE | Sports Bras

The Overband definitely works in terms of stopping upward bounce. I don’t feel any movement at all when I run, which is great! I had concerns that the monoboob squished things together, which can be sweaty and uncomfortable. It was OK, but, as it’s October and I live in Scotland, I can’t comment on how it feels when the temperature rises. Izzie has worn the sports bra on a range of runs of different distances up to 13.1 miles and from gentler to medium pace. She also wore it for a faster-paced 10k race. The Solidarity sports bra is aimed at larger chested women who are looking for support for high-impact exercise. The bra features a world-first adjustable Overband ® for a tailored fit and support. I asked Ellen to try a 36F Maaree Solidarity Sports bra for size, comfort and bounce control. A: No, the Solidarity Sports Bra is a hybrid style, mixing the benefits of encapsulation and compress to provide ultimate support without the necessity of an underwire.In addition, I’ve worn the bra for a couple of one-hour badminton sessions. I was able to easily stretch and twist my upper body without feeling any restriction from the bra.

MAAREE Sports Bra Guide

The Maaree Solidarity sports bra is unlike any other sports bra I’ve ever worn. The key difference is the rather rigid material. This feels compressive on, and certainly offers the support it promises. Initially, it didn’t quite mould to my skin in the same way a more flexible fabric might. However, this has improved with washes. Not only that, it stays a lot drier. The MAAREE sports bras have a distinctive Overband, which are designed to prevent upwards motion. Did you know our boobs move in a figure of eight motion when we’re active? Most brands focus on reducing the largest movement, which is downward, whereas MAAREE focuses on both upward and downward movement. The Maaree Solidarity sports bra is unlike any other sports bra I've ever worn. The key difference is the rather rigid material. This feels compressive on, and certainly offers the support it promises. Initially, it didn't quite mould to my skin in the same way a more flexible fabric might. However, this has improved with washes. Not only that, it stays a lot drier.

Polls

Maaree offer an on-line bra fitting appointment and consultation, which was excellent.I had clear instructions to help me to measure myself accurately and easily during an online video meeting.Mari took note of the different sports activities I regularly do and recommended a specific sports bra based on that information. Maaree occasionally runs limited-time promotions, flash sales, or discount codes. Keep an eye out for these opportunities to maximize your savings. Finding a sports bra that is compatible with cycling, but still offers enough support, is no easy feat. The MAAREE brand was set up by Mari Thomas, who has competed at national level in sport and after her career turned to sports bra performance testing under lab conditions, she found that her ultimate support didn’t exist, so decided to come up with a solution.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment