276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bully: An unforgettable friends-to-enemies-to-lovers romance (Fall Away Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Am I deterred from reading Falling Away when it releases April 15? My answer would be not at all. I still like the characters, the set-up and the writing. Although I wasn’t blown away this time, I can see the reasoning behind the addition of the aspects that I disliked, and I am intrigued too see what Penelope Douglas decides to do with K.C. and Jax…

When Jared was fourteen, his father called and asked if Jared could come and visit him for the summer. Happily, Jared agreed and left for eight weeks. After that visit, though, he returned cold and cruel." I love her so much that I hate her. I hate that I can’t let her go. We used to be friends, but I found out that I couldn’t trust her—or anyone else. So I hurt her. I pushed her away. But I still need her. She centers me. Engaging her, challenging her, pushing her—it’s the one last part of me that feels anything anymore. Maddox was lied by his stepmother who is Fallon's biological mother. She also lied to Fallon, her own daughter. She is a despicable character. It was devastating when Maddox gets to know what Fallon went through, that she never lied, that her mother forces her to abort their baby. Jaxon actually found it out and told Maddox, even if he didn't Fallon will eventually tell him. The sex scenes were pretty darn hot. If you think Bully and Until You were hot, this book surpassed both of them in the steam department. And I got to tell you, for readers who are looking for some serious steam in their book, read this book.

What was not to love? Gorgeous story telling, fantastic writing talent, characters that blew me away and a plot that stole my heart. Everything about this novel dramatically appealed to my reading tastes. I loved that this book was deliciously tempting and swayed on the side of taboo but never crossed over into the uncomfortable territory, instead it made my heart pound and the anticipation of what was to come was well played out by the author. I'll always have a soft spot for a dual point of view in a novel especially one that provides the reader with an opportunity to get involved with the characters thoughts and feelings. I had a honest to goodness soft spot for both hero and heroine in this story and nothing appeals more than characters who profess to hate each other when in truth their love is just as evident. Madoc and Fallon were fantastic lead characters and in addition to falling for their love story I also fell for them as individuals and I adored them both equally as much. Sibling rivalry, falling unashamedly in lust, chemistry that can't be rivalled (see what I did there?) and a story that will stay with me for some time to come 'Rival' is one of my favourites of 2014 and a book that deserves to be celebrated for all it's deliciously dark romantic talent. Penelope Douglas has created a love to hate you story that has blown me away. For those readers that can't help but be attracted to angry sex, broken characters and epic love stories that break you up and by the end fix you all up again then this book will be just what you need. I've come across a thousand FANFICTIONS that were so. much. better. (Hell, comparing it to that feels like an insult to fanfictions themselves.) But this is simply yet another blasted romance novel suffering from the 'new-adult-unoriginal-cliche-itis' that's been circulating around and contaminating 80% of the contemporary books I've read. God, I believe this is the gazillionth time I'm labeling a story as 'cliche' which is making my limited vocabulary feel somewhat cliched- but there's just no other way to put it when all these books turn out to be the same! A pity, really, because I felt this storyline held so much potential. There was a time when I had all his attention and I loved it. And as much I wanted him to leave me alone, I also liked..the way he was looking at me right now. And then I remembered that I hated him."

Hubo un tiempo en que fuimos muy amigos. Luego me dio la espalda e hizo de arruinarme la vida su objetivo. Me han humillado, me han gritado y han murmurado sobre mí durante toda la secundaria. Sus burlas y los rumores se volvieron cada vez más sádicos según iba pasando el tiempo, mientras yo me volvía loca tratando de no cruzarme en su cami- no. Incluso me fui a Francia durante un año, solo por evitarlo.This was really good!!!For one more time Penelope managed to captivate me with her characters!!!I was so excited when I saw that there is a new book from her!!I adored Bully and Until you.Tate and Jared were amazing!!And now we have Madoc's story!! Madoc on the other hand, was not the hero I was hoping to find. He was sort of judgmental, impulsive and made a lot of mistakes. I wanted him to fight harder for Fallon and make up for the time they lost.. But unfortunately not all my wishes came true. He was a little immature for my taste, seeking revenge without having a proper conversation with her and maybe finding out the reasons that made her leave. He acted by impulse and little by heart. I wished I didn’t feel the invisible cord pulling me to him, wanting to touch him again, we always want what’s bad for us" I really hated myself for admitting it, but despite the bullying, he made my heart flutter. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. I know. But still... *flutter*

K.C.? Pour some Coke into here, please.” Jared spoke to K.C. but his eyes were on me as he held up his cup for her. Red Solo cups littered the lawn, and people filtered in and out of the house, enjoying the balmy summer night. Several guys I recognized from school lunged out of the front door, chasing each other and sloshing drinks in the process. I will say though that despite everything going on between them - Jared and Tate had some seriously chemistry!! Talk about unresolved sexual tension! I mean really! But I loved that despite everything he did while he was being mean, that he never crossed the line into touching her... that again was more proof to me of him feeling something deeper for her. Disclaimer #2: This is going to be a short, probably shiteous review because I am in a book coma from the crazy book marathon that was my weekend. Jax OMG!!!!He is amazing!!!I need his book now!!!!If you loved Bully and Until You then you definately love this one!!!

Fallon showed up today,” he explained, and my breath caught as I nearly dropped my phone. What? She’s here? I put my palm down on the hood of my car and tried to unclench my teeth.

Me llamo Tate. Pero él no me llama así. Nunca se referiría a mí de una manera tan informal, eso en el caso de que me dirigie- ra la palabra. No, casi ni me habla. Aun así, nunca me deja sola. why the hell would they get married? They're too young, still step siblings and why couldn't it wait til after college if the truly want to be together forever? So unrealistic!!But the real question that I kept asking myself was… why? As a general rule, behavior like his is a result of some sort of extreme hurt but for the life of her, Tate couldn’t figure out what she did to wrong him and she was hurting deeply both for their lost friendship and for the pain he was causing in her life. Pero ya me he cansado de esconderme y no pienso consentir que me arruine también el último año. Puede que él no haya cambiado, pero yo sí. Ha llegado el momento de luchar. The drama after 70% just was too much for me, it slowly turned into sopa opera, for real. I mean, her mother, his father, her father, Jared's mother, all the side plots running along with the main one started to get on my nerves. Now, with Falling Away, I just said screw it. Even though BULLY was my favorite to write, because I was free of fear with that one, Falling Away is my favorite book. I will read every review, because no one can tell me anything that will make me feel bad about this story. I am who I am, I write how I write, and I'm proud of myself, no matter what anyone says ;) So I'm not going to get into any social commentary regarding this books portrayal of bullying and all its evil.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment