276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Diary of a CEO: The 33 Laws of Business and Life

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It’s a must read for everyone, the laws relate to all aspects of life not just business, which is something that I really loved. Develop a contingency plan: Once you’ve identified the potential challenges, you come up with strategies to avoid the dangers ahead.

Book Summary: The Diary of a CEO by Steven Bartlett Book Summary: The Diary of a CEO by Steven Bartlett

Applicable knowledge and vivid examples make for a clear understanding on what and why to do things

Leaning out refers to a phenomenon where you ignore situations that may be beneficial to you. This is refusing to accept new information and it stems from something called cognitive dissonance. The psychological phenomenon describes the clash that happens between your thoughts and your actions. When this happens, you have two options: you either give up or you justify your behavior. At the very heart of all the success and failure I've been exposed to - both my own entrepreneurial journey and through the thousands of interviews I've conducted on my podcast - are a set of principles that can stand the test of time, apply to any industry, and be used by anyone who is search of building something great or becoming someone great.

The Diary of a CEO: The 33 Laws of Business and Life - Goodreads

Self-serving bias: This is the belief that our success or failure happens because of our skill and effort. Assuming that your idea might fail forces you to confront the fact that you’re not as good as you think in certain areas. Also, you might ignore external factors that have nothing to do with you. A psychological moonshot is a small detail that significantly improves the perception of something. Uber, the biggest taxi app in the world, has its own team of behavioral scientists, psychologists, and neuroscientists. They found the main principles that affect the satisfaction of their customers: When you think about the story you’re going to tell, focus on your most indifferent customer. If you can capture their attention, getting everyone else will be easier. We are distracted easily, and our attention spans are decreasing steadily. This is why the first five seconds are so important. Pillar III: The Philosophy Law 19: You Must Sweat the Small Stuff You can’t get another mind and you can’t get another body, but you must take care of them. Never take health for granted. Your health should always be your top priority. Everything else in your life depends on your health: your work, your relationships, your possessions, and so on. By accepting this, you’ll live longer and always enjoy all the other priorities. If you are completely new to business and are interested in building a strong foundation before you launch an idea then this book is great.Bartlett shares a “three bars” framework. For every employee, he asks: If everyone on your team had the same values, attitude, and talent, would the standards be raised, maintained, or lowered? Bar lowerers must be fired, bar raisers need to be promoted, and bar maintainers need to be trained. Law 31: Leverage the power of progress

The Diary of a CEO by Steven Bartlett: 9780593715833

The Diary of a CEO builds upon the podcast of the same name, Steven Bartlett compiles 33 laws of business from all of his personal experience and the experiences of the individuals he has interviewed m. As long as you trust the people around you, there’s no real reason to know or do everything yourself. Delegation can be liberating. When you find someone who’s more capable, experienced, and confident, let them do their job. You can excel at one thing and focus on that while you hire people who can do everything else. Law 29: Create a Cult Mentality The stereotypes around you influence how you perceive yourself, who you think you are physically, personally, and socially is your self-concept. Your self story evolves over time and if you make it positive, you’ll be more optimistic and more likely to achieve your goals. To create a strong character, take a look at everything you do. Without realizing it, you’re always gathering evidence and you use that evidence to judge your own character. Every choice you make, as inconsequential as it might seem, contributes to your self-story. Law 8: Never Fight a Bad Habit The theory of marginal gains says that improving every aspect of an area or discipline would combine and result in something bigger than the sum of its parts. People want the feeling of progress, but since perfection is almost impossible, we can focus on small changes over time. Those small changes add up and make a big impact over time. Brainstorm reasons for failure: Write a list of reasons that could have led to failure. Everyone must do this individually to avoid groupthink bias.The Diary of CEO by Steven Bartlett: book by a 30-year old self-made entrepreneur, who shares life lessons he learned about himself (e.g. make health priority), others (e.g. psychological concept of habituation & 127 hours survival) & business (e.g. absurdity concept in marketing). The author is a marketing genius with a brilliant mind worthy of exploring through this book. These fundamental laws underpinned my meteoric rise, and they will fuel yours too, whether you want to build something great or become someone great. The laws are rooted in psychology and behavioral science, in my own experiences, and those of the world's most successful entrepreneurs, entertainers, artists, writers, and athletes, who I've interviewed on my podcast. Certain insights were so thought-provoking that I started following him on LinkedIn. His anecdotes, while logically sound, provided a refreshing perspective, especially for seasoned managers who've faced similar challenges. Being different and embracing an absurd public story defines your values for you. Describing your business based on absurd qualities attracts people. When you do this, you let those qualities speak for you and you don’t need a marketing team or an advertising agency. The Moral Maze is to be commended for keeping its cool. This was a topic that it could not dodge, even though the tools at its disposal are — at this stage in the narrative of the conflict — wholly inadequate. Indeed, on one thing all seemed to agree: that enemies are constructed rather than inevitable. But, it turns out, this platitude gets us not very far at all.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment