276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Modern Pressure Cooking: The Comprehensive Guide to Stovetop and Electric Cookers, with Over 200 Recipes

£13£26.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Catherine Phipps' New Pressure Cooking book | Ad - Gifted | Right at the beginning of November 2021, Catherine Phipps came to visit The Kitchen Gadget Hub, you may have seen the Christmas Pudding.

To Celebrate Terra Madre Day ‘Saving Endangered Animal Breeds’ there is an East Cork Slow Food Event at Ballymaloe Cookery School. TOMATOES If I’m cooking anything that has a tomato base, like soup or sauce, instead of adding sugar to balance out the acidity, I add a pinch of cinnamon. This works not only with alcohol, but with other liquids too - I use it to soak fruit in tea for a tea bread.Or take it out of the pudding basing and wrap it, just make sure it has cooled down fully before you wrap it. Garnish with fresh coriander, green chillies if you want extra heat and wedges of lemon for squeezing.

If using the foil, place the pudding in the centre of it and lift it into the pressure cooker, placing either on a trivet or onto a folded up piece of cloth - it is not necessary for the basin to be suspended above the water. Brothy chickpeas, meanwhile, are a favourite of Arturi’s: “Soak dried chickpeas in cold water for 12 hours, then drain and transfer to the pressure cooker with fresh water until barely submerged. You can use them as a bain marie and they will emulate the type of souped-up steam oven that they have in professional kitchens. It is a method I highly recommend - you don’t have to switch the oven on and the pressure cooker is so good at intensifying both flavour and colour.There’s no compromise on taste, either: “I often cook broccoli at demos and people say: ‘I’ve never had such broccoli-tasting broccoli’,” she says.

They both, save time and energy, do wonders for cheap ingredients and have made it possible to make homely comforting food, seems to me it’s time to go rooting in the garage or to invest or re-invest in these two unlikely heroes of our time.For example, rice, pasta and pulses, which are cooked by absorption, are a game of ratios: Phipps uses 2:5 rice: liquid for risotto, while basmati requires equal parts rice and water.

Catherine Phipps - How To Soak Fruit in the Pressure Cooker This is a really useful thing to know this time of year.Divide the mixture between the ramekins and cover each with a buttered circle of greaseproof paper – it needs to be touching the custard, not sitting above it, but there is no need for any additional cover. Allow to cool completely, then whisk in the egg yolks, some salt and white pepper and the pinch of cayenne. With a pressure cooker, there’s hardly any evaporation, hardly any steam being released into the kitchen and, with electric pressure cookers, no babysitting involved so you can just leave it to do its thing from beginning to end. Mindblowingly, the pressure cooker was actually invented well before that, at the end of the 17th century! Royal Mail received the package from the seller on 22nd September, but took till 30th September to deliver it.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment