276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Osprey Europe Women's Fairview 55 Travel Pack

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There’s the small construction of the 40L, making transport and storage a breeze with the additional benefit of a removable 13L daypack perfect for trips away from the hotel or hostel. The great feature of the Osprey Fairview and Farpoint is that you can zip the harness away during flight or when not in use. It’s really simple to do by tightening or loosening off two straps next to the aluminium external frame. Although most travel backpacks benefit from a zip panel opening, the Fairview’s front panel zip extends right down to the base of the pack, which allows you to open it even further for easier access to your gear. Whether you’re travelling abroad or packing around the UK, the Women’s Fairview 55 will provide all the storage and convenience you need.

The newest iteration now allows you to slight the top of the shoulder straps up and down, adding a little more adjustability to the fit. The main compartment is quite large, so we were able to pack a significant amount of stuff in there, and it comes complete with compression straps to ensure everything is kept in place. When product pictures of the new Farpoint got released, I saw many comments on forums comparing it to the Osprey Porter. Ideal for longer travels, the Osprey Fairview 55 can be carried like a backpack but packed like a suitcase, and has a smaller detachable daysack that's the perfect companion for city exploring while you leave your main pack at the hostel. You mention in a comment below that attaching the Daypack to the FP55 main pack is “a bit fiddly” and that instead you transport it by its handle.

If you put anything inside the bag, it becomes impossible to carry a water bottle in these mesh pockets. The previous edition of the Osprey Farpoint 55 had different dimensions that made it too big for carry-on. Please don't send a possible faulty or warranty product back without completing the claim form first, as we are unable to refund your postage if you do. The inside of the large pack has one long mesh zipper compartment which spans the entire opening flap, and the rest is just one large bucket with compression straps.

Our team are working extended hours to get through this as quickly as possible, we ask you to be patient during this busy time. For this reason, if you like the look of this bag I think getting a Fairview/Farpoint 40 would make more sense. A mesh back panel improves ventilation and the mesh on harness and waist belt reduces friction under load. Unlike with the Farpoint 55, they are not designed to work perfectly together, but you can still clip the daypack into the shoulder straps of the Farpoint 40 or tuck it behind the load straps on the back.Perfect for loose change, train tickets etc it is always easy to get things out and expands when you put larger things inside. This pack offers two deep pockets, deeper than the previous version, so they can both accommodate a 36-ounce hydroflask. Airlines don’t always specify how big a personal item can be, but the general guideline is that it should fit easily under the seat in front of you. If you need something that can act as an organised suitcase and a practical rucksack for your trips away, the Fairview should be at the top of your list. I have carried all sorts of things in this bag and I loved and hated it at various stages of my travels.

I guess it’s supposed to be sleek and with the ability to attach a day bag to it, extra pockets would be in the way, so it makes sense. The original Fairview used 210D nylon mini hex diamond ripstop and then 600D packcloth fabric to give a two tone effect and also provide additional durability in wear points. Some blogs claim to have a ‘2022 updated’ Farpoint review but they’re old reviews with only the title changed.

What I usually just do is travel with the Farpoint 40 (or any carry-on really) and carry a daypack by the handle, or ‘double strap’ it with the daypack in front of my body — at least for those short periods of time in transit where you might have to carry both at the same time. That said, I like the simplicity and how leaves it largely up to you how to organize things your own way. Double mesh pockets on the front of the bag allow you to access your water bottle or earphones in the blink of an eye. She would need to pack light though… many travellers have an urge to pack many redundant things (especially when nervous for a trip, it’s a natural instinct to overpack). The main large zippered compartment of the daypack features a padded laptop sleeve and a smaller zipper pocket for additional organization.

The Farpoint 55 and Fairview 55 are essentially the same product; the only difference is that the Fairview is a women’s specific version.

The backrest system offers an impressive fit adapted to the anatomy of the woman, with an ergonomic belt, harness in the form of yoke and specific back panel. However, if you want a larger bag, then perhaps something like a 50 or even 60-liter backpack would be more efficient. e. when the hip belt on the the hip bone, the shoulder straps seem too far stretched down and not where they should be. Whether you're a first-timer or a top athlete, since 2015 we've been sharing with you our love of good gear and our passion for the steep trails we love to run around on. It’s a trade-off for sure, but I think the Tortuga will be a great option for more extended travels where comfort is key.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment