276°
Posted 20 hours ago

SPIRITED AWAY PICTURE BOOK HC

£7.995£15.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Callis, Cari. 2010. "Nothing that Happens is ever Forgotten." In Anime and Philosophy, edited by J. Steiff and T. D. Tamplin. New York: Open Court. ISBN 9780812697131. Wild Bunch adds Spirited Away, amongst others". Archived from the original on 13 September 2021 . Retrieved 13 September 2021. Winner of the 2002 Academy Award for Best Animated feature, Spirited Away tells the story of 10-year-old Chihiro, a girl in the midst of a move to the suburbs who wanders into a strange town and finds a world of spirits ruled over by the mysterious Yubaba.

Results From Tokyo Anime Fair Awards". Anime Nation. 19 February 2002. Archived from the original on 6 October 2014 . Retrieved 1 September 2013. Top 100 Animation Movies". Rotten Tomatoes. Archived from the original on 9 May 2013 . Retrieved 6 May 2013. Japan Record Award)". Japan Composer's Association. Archived from the original on 9 October 2003 . Retrieved 2 September 2013. Reid, Calvin (28 April 2003). " 'Spirited Away' Sells like Magic". Publishers Weekly. Vol.250, no.17. Archived from the original on 19 December 2013 . Retrieved 29 April 2012.

List of Award Winner of The 21st Hong Kong Film Awards". Hong Kong Film Awards. Archived from the original on 5 August 2013 . Retrieved 9 August 2013. Harris, Timothy. "Seized by the Gods". Quadrant 47.9: 64–67. Academic OneFile. Gale. 11 February 2009.

As John Caird said, "We had a wonderful time creating the show in 2022 and I'm so happy now to be spiriting away a British audience into Hayao Miyazaki's magical world. “ a b "Spirited Away (2002)". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Archived from the original on 14 June 2019 . Retrieved 24 June 2019. I created a heroine who is an ordinary girl, someone with whom the audience can sympathize [...]. [I]t's not a story in which the characters grow up, but a story in which they draw on something already inside them, brought out by the particular circumstances [...]. I want my young friends to live like that, and I think they, too, have such a wish." A co-recipient of the Golden Bear with Bloody Sunday at the 2002 Berlin International Film Festival and the first, and to date only, hand-drawn and non-English-language animated film to win the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature at the 75th Academy Awards, [16] Spirited Away is regarded as one of the greatest films of all time and has been included in various "best-of" lists. Best Animated Films– Spirited Away". Rotten Tomatoes. Flixster. Archived from the original on 27 December 2012 . Retrieved 6 May 2010.

Show Photos

The film was aired on Nippon TV (NTV) in Japan, on 24 January 2003. It became NTV's most-watched film of all time with a 46.9% audience rating, surpassing the 35.1% record previously set by Princess Mononoke in 1999. [95] Spirited Away is frequently regarded as one of the best films of the 21st century as well as one of the greatest animated films ever made. [122] [123] [124] Comic Book Resources wrote that the film "set the bar extremely high for all anime movies that followed it – including Studio Ghibli's." and further explained that "It's a movie many people re-watch due to its comfort and nostalgia, and since Netflix brought the Ghibli movies to North America last year, it's become even more accessible". [125] Swapnil Dhruv Bose Far Out Magazine declared the film to be "the greatest animated film of all time" and explained that it "resonated with audiences all over the world despite the existence of cultural barriers is because of its brilliantly devised universality" and has the ability to "generate fascinating multiplicities which morph according to the age of the viewer". In another article detailing Hayao Miyazaki's wide impact to the film industry, he wrote "The influence of Spirited Away can be easily observed in Disney productions like Brave and Frozen, thanks to John Lasseter's (the Chief Creative Officer of Pixar) efforts to introduce it to Western audiences". [126] [127] Vice also declared Spirited Away to be the all-time best animated film and wrote that the film "showed how breathtaking, heartfelt, and serious animation can be" that " Pixar, Disney, and other mainstream animators have still failed to genuinely realize 15 years later". [128]

The Top 25 Animated Movies of All-Time". IGN Entertainment. Archived from the original on 13 April 2012 . Retrieved 6 May 2010. Osmond, Andrew (2008). Spirited away = Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi. Basingstoke [England]: Palgrave Macmillan on behalf of the British Film Institute. ISBN 978-1844572304. Notoya in Ginzan Onsen stop business for renovation. | Tenkai-japan:Cool Japan Guide-Travel, Shopping, Fashion, J-pop". Tenkai-japan. 1 July 2010. Archived from the original on 28 October 2012 . Retrieved 6 May 2013. a b c "Yumi Kimura". Nausicaa.net. Archived from the original on 20 April 2012 . Retrieved 1 September 2013.This art book was so GOOD!! I give it a 4/5 !! I loved the amount of insight that was given to the reader (me) about the process of animating the movie as well as the details of how certain characters were meant to be or how they started out. And can I just say that I absolutely love the character no face in the movie and I wouldn’t trade him for anything but MAN the concept design for him was so pretty?! We missed out!! But ofc, that’s just what I think. I would also like to take a moment to mention that Miyazaki’s sketches are OUT OF THIS WORLD ?! Like man, please hand me some of that talent right now at this very moment. Also, the BEAUTIFUL GORGEOUS AND STUNNING screenshots included on really high quality papier (I appreciate that they didn’t cheap out with the quality) are pretty amazing cuz each time I flip through the book it’s like I’m reliving the entire movie all over again. The movie script at the end is also a great addition!! The only reason that I gave it 4 stars out of 5 is because I think that while we did get a fair amount of concept sketches, I def think that they could’ve included MORE concept art and sketches of the movie in the early stages but overall, an amazing book that left me flabbergasted. Pedersen, Erik (6 December 2021). "101 Greatest Screenplays Of The 21st Century: Horror Pic Tops Writers Guild's List". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on 6 December 2021 . Retrieved 16 October 2022. This article's plot summary may be too long or excessively detailed. Please help improve it by removing unnecessary details and making it more concise. ( November 2023) ( Learn how and when to remove this template message)

Giardina, Carolyn (17 July 2017). "Gkids, Studio Ghibli Ink Home Entertainment Deal". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on 3 August 2017 . Retrieved 17 July 2017. Yang, Andrew. 2010. "The Two Japans of 'Spirited Away'." International Journal of Comic Art 12(1):435–52. It's also worth noting that another much-loved fictional hero (and the Studio Ghibli mascot), cuddly spirit Totoro, also lends his name to a real-life environmental Totoro Fund, dedicated to preserving Japan's lush Sayama Hills region, which inspired Miyazaki's anime.

Spirited Away cheap tickets

Coyle, Rebecca (2010). Drawn to Sound: Animation Film Music and Sonicity. Equinox Publishing. ISBN 978-1-84553-352-6. Drawn to Sound focuses on feature-length, widely distributed films released in the period since World War II, from producers in the USA, UK, Japan and France-from Animal Farm (1954) to Happy Feet (2006), Yellow Submarine (1968) to Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2005), Spirited Away (2001) and Les Triplettes de Belleville (2003). Pineda, Rafael Antonio (13 December 2020). "Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Film Is 1st Since Spirited Away to Earn 30 Billion Yen". Anime News Network. Archived from the original on 15 December 2020 . Retrieved 15 December 2020. Japanese philosophy plays a huge role in Spirited Away, specifically through concepts like Kami and principles like Mottainai and On. [41] The concept of Kami, for instance, involves various spirits that each represent different elements and aspects of nature. The principle of Mottainai, which is deeply ingrained in Japanese culture, embodies a sense of regret towards waste, valuing the complete utilization of an object or resource. While the principle of On, a key tenet of Japanese ethics that signifies a sense of moral indebtedness, plays a significant role in Chihiro's character development. Similar to the Japanese concept of On, the film can be partly understood as an exploration of the effect of greediness and Western consumerism on traditional Japanese culture. [42] For instance, Yubaba is stylistically unique within the bathhouse, wearing a Western dress and living among European décor and furnishings, in contrast with the minimalist Japanese style of her employees' quarters, representing the Western capitalist influence over Japan in its Meiji period and beyond. Along with its function within the ostensible coming of age theme, Yubaba's act of taking Chihiro's name and replacing it with Sen (an alternate reading of chi, the first character in Chihiro's name, lit. 'one thousand') can be thought of as symbolic of capitalism's single-minded concern with value. [39] In the modern age, Spirited Away's "ma" has inspired internet memes, including a memorable recent series with a masked Bernie Sanders seated alongside Chihiro and No-Face on their dreamy train journey. The film is also set to be adapted into a stage spectacle, created by award-winning British writer/director and honorary associate director of the RSC, John Caird, and due to premiere in Tokyo next year.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment