276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ten Thousand Apologies: Fat White Family and the Miracle of Failure

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Look, whatever happens over the remainder of this weekend, we might get separated, our phones will die ... I need you to be here, on this spot right here, between these tents, the red one and the blue one, the one with tassels and the flagpole ... with that pipe, every eight hours, on the dot, come hell or high water. Will you promise me that? I need you to promise me ... my career depends on it ... ’ to seeing a famous landmark or monument for the first time at the end of a lengthy expedition. Bathed in the same weary afternoon light as everything else, it seemed almost indecent in its Petridis, Alexis (21 January 2016). "Fat White Family: Songs for Our Mothers review – still testing the boundaries of taste". The Guardian. The cowardice at the core of my being burned more fiercely than ever. He'd needlessly humiliated my little brother in front of everybody, and I just stood there dazed, wrapped in silence. Nathan

Before the Fat Whites, we’re treated to a set from the inventive post-punk trio Yossari Baby. The band serves up exciting, oddball tunes about money, gravity and the Pope. It’s hard not to love a tongue-in-cheek, psych-pop song that contains the immortal chant, “He’s the groove/ He’s the man/ He’s the Pope in the Vatican.” All sneered in a fashion worthy of the master of post-punk sneers, Mark E. Smith. Yossari Baby are a lot of fun and come fully loaded with highly infectious post-punk bangers. Yossari Baby – Project House Leeds – 9th Sept 2023 Yes. We’re going to go on tour and I’m playing. I’ve written loads of new songs, I’ve almost got an album’s worth of material. I was neglecting the creative side of myself. That’s the salvation.” He feels grateful the Fat Whites got together when they did; he thinks just a few years later the band wouldn’t have happened, because there would have been nowhere for them to rehearse, put on gigs or crash out afterwards. London is closing its doors. “I work literally all the time now,” he says. “Every day I’m on the phone or in the studio or on the road, and I still can’t break even. It feels like every year they move the goal posts. At what point am I going to be able to rent a flat and have a record player, so I can listen to other people’s music for a bit?”The Landlord had been assuring me for some weeks that the solution to my Glastonbury 2015 dilemma – we had two slots on the Sunday, one at 4 a.m. or the Hell Stage, another at 4 p.m. – lay at the This self-devouring anger reached its apotheosis on their previous album, 2016’s Songs For Our Mothers. It was a glowering, disgruntled collection that seemed to actively wanted to be disliked (one song is called Lebensraum; another, Duce, revealed an obsession with Mussolini). Lias: “When you have things that travel between different people, then you get something completely new… some Frankenstein… that’s what’s more curious for me.” Ten Thousand Apologies: Fat White Family and the Miracle of Failure is set to be published in February 2022 by White Rabbit, and will recount the band's chaotic career since their formation in 2011.

You’re in a state of euphoric thoughtlessness. I considered myself to be a performance artist. We’d had 10 years of landfill indie by the time we came around. It was just poseurs and middle-class borelords from coast to coast. I felt: can’t the stage be reclaimed as a space for confrontation and stuff that’s challenging and how far can you actually go? Because my life was in complete disarray, I had absolutely nothing to lose, so it didn’t matter how badly I disgraced myself: the worse, the better. That was combined with a sudden feeling onstage of: ‘We’re all in the mood for this.’ People relished it. I haven’t done it in years, and I don’t want to return to that carry-on, but I stand by that it was worth exploring.” You rotten bastard, what have you done that for?’ I heard my mum exclaim through a fog of astonishment. I manage to calm them down by reminding Lias that when I met him before, about a month ago, he was just married. His wife a charismatic American. But, oh dear, they’re getting a divorce, and Lias is homeless. None of the four original band members have anywhere to live now the Queens Head has shut. They can’t afford London rents and they can’t claim housing benefit, so they crash wherever they can. Saul is at his girlfriend’s. Lias spent last night at his aunt’s in Tooting, in his niece’s room, in a single bed under a life-size cutout of The Vamps.I laugh. He’s still very funny, Saul. How are his other emotions, though, without heroin to keep them at bay? Saul spent five weeks “with these spirit world people”. And then, for aftercare, went to a rehab place in Vegas. He hated Vegas, “it’s like the apocalypse with fake tits”, but quite liked rehab. Given the amount of drugs involved, it’s surprising Adamczweski even remembers a lot of this stuff.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment