276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Crushing It!: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence―and How You Can, Too

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The tactics are different; the strategies remain the same. Intent, Authenticity, Passion, Patience, Speed, Effort, Attention, Content. While I appreciated the brevity of the book, it did come off as though he was trying to get you to read his 2009 book, Crush It. Which, is a bit weird. Some of the information in the book is out of date now, specifically the chapter focused on Musicaly and the chapter on Voice First seemed out of place. But I will hand it to Gary, he is not afraid of new technology and has a way of getting people to try out those platforms because you really never know what could come of it. But the best advice of the new book is this: start somewhere, just start to build your personal brand.

Gary makes it clear that this book is not some magic template of success, in 3 simple steps: “Don’t look for a nine-step program to success here, though. I can’t give you one. The principles are universal; the path is all yours.” The stories provided in this book all illustrate the passion and exertion of really successful entrepreneurs. For who is familiar with Gary Vee it's obvious from the beginning that he didn't personally write this book. :) Because Gary Vee does not have time. He is always in the midst of people who seek him for help. The Ghostwriter has done, however, a great job. So all in all, I found CRUSHING IT! to be a fun, inspiring read. If you are already familiar with the first book, you can probably just skim over the earlier sections of the book, since they are a recap of the original principles. It was interesting to see all the examples of successful entrepreneurs.

crush it

Study social media trends and act on them before they get mainstream. The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll need to catch up. This for instance applies to which social media platforms you use. I didn't realize that this was a follow-up book, & am very much looking forward to getting my hands on the first one. This is the first business book I've read that "gets it", at least in relation to exactly what I specifically want to do, what I want to create & where that foundation will hopefully lead me. It excelled my thought-process of the matter & lit a different kind of fire under my ass, so to say. Like, I am so glad I came across this book. I don't really talk about what I want to do, at least not too in-depth, because I'm somewhat embarrassed about it; I don't know how to explain it, because I know people aren't going to get it. And this book validates my vision & what I've been working on, & I have a renewed sense of inspiration because of that. This is something which every one of us might have faced in our life. There are multiple ways to deal with this situation. The author is trying to tell us one of the best methods to deal with it. According to Gary and many other people who wrote their testimonies in this book It really is that simple. Talent has little value without patience and persistence. Success takes a shitload of work, and the people who ultimately break through and crush it are those who get all that and go for their dreams anyway.

The explosion of social media is a game changer that’s made it possible for anyone to broadcast to a mass audience.I recommend this book to anyone who has a marketable talent n want to create a market for it over the social media. Socialites, celebrity progeny and reality-TV stars have been doing it for years. Now it’s everyone else’s turn to learn how to get paid to do something they were going to do for free anyway.”

Commit to ignoring every single voice that threatens to undermine you. If it’s your mom, find a respectful way to tell her you want her love but not her opinion. If it’s your friends, tell them you are grateful for their concern but they have to choose to support you or f*** off.” This one statement seems to me to sum up the essence of the author’s business philosophy: “In a world where the standard is pretty much nothing, you have to be just altruistic enough.“ Fear of failure” – You don’t want to embarrass yourself or disappoint your family. Talk with those close to you about your idea; tell them that you expect to fail at first and will need their help. Work it out with your spouse. A brand is a public image that conveys your interests and values to the world. It is essential if you want to make money from your passion. Fortunately, building one is now relatively easy. Attention”– Focus on what people do on social media. Stay alert to shifts to new platforms, even if they seem small at first. Watch trends, and get to know new platforms early. Don’t get too comfortable with your preferred platform; always learn others.He also shows you how to take what you love and if you put enough effort in, you can make the thing you enjoy into a real business. He seems like an aggressive businessman, but he just truly believes in what he's teaching everyone else. If you are an aspiring artist, entrepreneur or just a lost person, read this book. It will truly help you in the long run. Just the short amount of time I read this book my life and motivation has changed for the better. I would read this book more than once to really get his meaning behind it.

Intent” – Don’t fake anything. Don’t try to start a business or build influence if you don’t believe in the business you’ve chosen. Don’t move forward if your goals only or mostly involve making a lot of money. Care more about the good your work does than the money it earns. We have seen a tremendous surge in business, be it of any kind, in the last two decades. With this growth comes the companion-competition. When this is a boon for the economy, it's not the same for a new entrepreneur. The time that a new enterprise takes to reach the break-even point has increased to twice or three the earlier and many quits trying before that. If you are a youtuber or any social media influencer or if you want to become one in the future this is a must-read book. Fear of seeming vain” – Building a personal brand at scale means appearing narcissistic. You’ll also look like an idiot, but everyone’s a jerk “until they’re a pioneer.” You can’t care about what anyone says or thinks of you.

Along the way, some people will continually tell you not to do certain things. But Gary says the only judge and jury you have to deal with is yourself. StoryShot #3: Personal Branding Is A Need, Not A Choice

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment